Interference Random Movie Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He was banging cocktail waitresses two at a time! Players couldn't get a drink at the table!

Ok, soooo is there even any point of seeing Michael Clayton now since I've seen TWBB and No Country and can't decide on which one was the best movie I've seen in a really freaking long time?

They're having some kind of special screening at some AMC theatres where you can see all five Best Picture nominees and I might go, just so I can see those two films again. :drool:

I'd definitely recommend seeing Michael Clayton.

It's fantastic. Brilliant character study with one of the most marvelous original scripts in a long time and an inspiring ensemble cast performance. It's currently my #6 of the year, behind the 2 you mentioned and a few others, but it's one of the best films of the year regardless.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, soooo is there even any point of seeing Michael Clayton now since I've seen TWBB and No Country and can't decide on which one was the best movie I've seen in a really freaking long time?

They're having some kind of special screening at some AMC theatres where you can see all five Best Picture nominees and I might go, just so I can see those two films again. :drool:

Hmm, and the 3 movies I haven't seen are the first shown. If I can find someone to go with me, I'll do it.

And you can officially turn off the Death Clock, guys.

Last edited:
You now have 5 days to watch the entire Ingmar Bergman filmography.

What do you want on YOUR tombstone?

After%20Hours%20poster.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:
And you can officially turn off the Death Clock, guys.

You skipped over the Part II review like Fredo was stepped over.

I'M YOUR OLDER BROTHER, MIKE!

phillyfan26 said:

You skipped over the Part II review like Fredo was stepped over.

I'M YOUR OLDER BROTHER, MIKE!

How do you say "banana daiquiri"?

Alright, I'm still not sure which one I enjoyed more, but I did appreciate the ambition of the 2nd film's storyline and pacing over the first - Michael becoming the monster he and his father didn't want him to become.

I loved both of them like I figured I would, and in time they will probably be some of my favorite films, but now I'd like to enjoy them for what they were - fucking epic.

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
The first one is immeasurably better.

:yes:

Don't get me wrong, I like Part II. But I think the storyline just wasn't as solid and entertaining as the first.

Was it the current or Vito storyline that you guys didn't like as much?

I love both, but do prefer the first. It's a stretch to say "immeasurably", though.

Lazarus, I want to thank you. Went to see U23D again, with a friend that had not seen it. The opening song is "Vertigo" and about 1/2 way through, "Squirtigo" popped into my head and I could not stop laughing. My friend, and the woman to my right were something between curious and upset.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Was it the current or Vito storyline that you guys didn't like as much?

Current. I liked parts, but most of the Hyman Roth thing bored me.

I still need to see Godfather II. Loved the first, consider it one of my favorites...

Maybe now I'll have something else to do tonight besides mock the epic phailure that will be the Giants. :hmm:

No spoken words said:
Lazarus, I want to thank you. Went to see U23D again, with a friend that had not seen it. The opening song is "Vertigo" and about 1/2 way through, "Squirtigo" popped into my head and I could not stop laughing.

Just be glad Squirtigo didn't pop ONTO your head.

Not sitting in front of YLB in the theatre is a good way to prevent that.

This makes more sense to me now:

“The difference between those three is the Godfather trilogy,” O'Neal said in classic Shaq-speak. “One is Fredo, who was never ready for me to hand it over to him. One is Sonny, who will do whatever it takes to be the man, and one is Michael, who if you watch the trilogy, the Godfather hands it over to Michael. So I have no problem handing it over to Dwyane.”

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize Shaq was comparing Kobe to the psychotic Sonny, and Penny with the weaker Fredo characters from that movie. There only seems to be one that O'Neal would go to the mattresses with. As for Wade, last night it was his shot that sent the Knicks to sleep with the fishes.

“I would love to see the ball in my hands, but I'm not the best player or the best shooter on this team,” O'Neal said. “I don't mind handing it over to Michael Dwyane Corleone.”

kazaam.jpg

The current storyline was far stronger in Part II, even though I don't think it was nearly as captivating as the original. The Vito flashbacks were some of the most beautifully directed in the film, but I found it lacked the substance of the rest of the series and didn't always mesh perfectly with the structure of the main script.

YLB, thanks to us, you now understand that Godfather parody commercial about the car. :up:

Also, you're not dead. So, there's that.

phillyfan26 said:
YLB, thanks to us, you now understand that Godfather parody commercial about the car. :up:

Also, you're not dead. So, there's that.

I can do things.

Back
Top Bottom