Interference Random Movie Talk II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton said:
Do you think that James Cameron was already planning The Titanic when he emasculated the Terminator?

132terminator2.jpg

He must've been inspired by the emasculation of Han Solo.

It's opening wide this week, right? If it plays near me, it'll definitely play somewhere in Tampa.

I'll be seeing TWBB sunday
:drool:

hopefully I'll be able to make some new PTA converts in the process.

12:10, 3:50, 7:15, 10:45

:drool:

I might see Walk Hard with my cousin this weekend, too, if it's still playing.

lazarus said:

That's all you have to say? No comment, no review?

Shame.

And get thee to a Redux.

I really don't know what to comment on right now. Although my favorite scene was the bridge scene, where it's pretty much no going back after that. And I loved Robert Duvall's and Dennis Hopper's characters the most.

Like NSFW, I don't like writing really long reviews, and when I do, I don't think they sound too good.

A mere five hours before TWBB. I don't think I've been this excited about a movie in a very long time.

impy13 said:
A mere five hours before TWBB. I don't think I've been this excited about a movie in a very long time.

And rightly so. It's awesome. But I may have said that once or twice already.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I really don't know what to comment on right now. Although my favorite scene was the bridge scene, where it's pretty much no going back after that. And I loved Robert Duvall's and Dennis Hopper's characters the most.

Like NSFW, I don't like writing really long reviews, and when I do, I don't think they sound too good.

You haven't even said whether you liked it or not! Or how it compares to other war films, Coppola films, etc.

And you've said nothing about Brando, the most divisive element in the film.

Don't let the fact that it's my #1 of all time prevent you from criticizing. And though you really should see Redux, I think it would be good to share more of your opinion.

No spoken words said:

I hope that's a "Wow, that was unreal, Daniel Day Lewis owns my soul".

That's probably an understatement. I think it's one of the best performances I've ever seen. Paul Dano also did a fantastic job.

Everything about Plainview was perfection. I was absolutely riveted by DDL the entire film, which is saying a lot considering it's quite long. It never gets tedious or slow, though. The art direction and cinematography were gorgeous. I really loved Jonny's score. I just loved everything about the film. I literally have no complaints about it.

It also might have one of the greatest final lines of all time.

impy13 said:

That's probably an understatement. I think it's one of the best performances I've ever seen. Paul Dano also did a fantastic job.

Everything about Plainview was perfection. I was absolutely riveted by DDL the entire film, which is saying a lot considering it's quite long. It never gets tedious or slow, though. The art direction and cinematography were gorgeous. I really loved Jonny's score. I just loved everything about the film. I literally have no complaints about it.

It also might have one of the greatest final lines of all time.

Nice.

The final line put the biggest smile on my face.....it was just the perfect ending to an amazing film.

Seriously, I can't think of a more appropriate thing to say. More than anything, it summed up the film in one phrase.

I'm thinking maybe we should make a TWBB thread so the few of us who have seen it can talk without fear of spoiling.

Last edited:
lazarus said:

You haven't even said whether you liked it or not! Or how it compares to other war films, Coppola films, etc.

And you've said nothing about Brando, the most divisive element in the film.

Don't let the fact that it's my #1 of all time prevent you from criticizing. And though you really should see Redux, I think it would be good to share more of your opinion.

It was everything I wanted it to be: manic, contradictory, complex, surreal, and a "classic" in that sense, you know? One of those movies that actually qualify as "must-see."

I haven't seen many other war films or Coppola films to judge; a sad fact I wish to fix as soon as I can. Yes guys, I haven't even seen The Godfather - the most little bastardy thing I've done in my entire life.

Now, with Brando's character, he's built up to be so much: insane, maniacal, etc... but it was cool to see him completely composed and in control. I loved the story of the Viet Cong and the inoculated children and the way he tells it - calling it genius and brilliant. Willard himself is slowly becoming Kurtz throughout the film while trying to understand everything. So when he kills him in the end, he's actually replacing him.

I hope that makes sense.

Like, right now, I can't call it an "all-time favorite" since I've only seen it once. I'll rank it highly on a list because I know I'll love it even more when I see it again, but it didn't hit me all at once the first time, you know? Not as much as Vertigo did, at least.

A.N. is a film that crawls its way more under your skin with every viewing, until whether you want to call it your favorite film ever or not, you're dead certain there's nothing else like it, never will be, and never could be.

In one hour, I will be sitting down to watch There Will Be Blood.

Can you feel the excitement?

Review to follow, unless I'm arrested for lewd (or malicious) acts in a public place.

Back
Top Bottom