Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VIII: First Contact with Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty bad ass. I need to watch Big Trouble again soon.

Prospective new lady friend got me a shirt for my birthday which is in the mail now. I'm about 80% sure this is it:

222011.jpg

New Blu Ray just came out, so the resident nerds/new PS3 freaks should hop on that.

And holy shit.

There's an episode of Law and Order on USA right now. And in a single scene I watch no less than The Blum, Alex from LOST, and Stephen Motherfucking-Lang interacting and being awesome/hot.

Also, I'd like to apologize for that disparaging half-drunk rant that I had against Spielberg last week when I called him a racist. I had a few drinks with him last night and he's really not that bad of a guy. Kinda spits when he talks and he tends to keep his elbows on the table, but, yeah, he's not a bad conversationalist.

Thomas Jane in Hung receiving a BJ from his rich neighbors hot foreign wife:

"Aww... Holy shit... what kind of bed is this?"

Woman: "It's... a Stearns and Foster... why?"

Jane: "Because it's fucking comfortable."

I've only watched this on and off a couple times since its premier, but every once in a while it really catches me by surprise.

Why the fuck is there a scene from Death Proof playing during the list?

There's a solid chance that Tarantino's an idiot savant. But he gets credit for saying "Shyamalamadingdong."

I'm pretty sure that scene is there to remind us exactly whose list we're listening to here. Like "What the fuck kind of li... ohhh yeaaah... him."

I didn't mind it because he flat out says it's his Favorites list as opposed to what he considers to be the "best." If it were the other way around... yeeeaaahhhh.

Adam Quigley would approve.

I love how it's a list with all this trash (not speaking to the quality of films, just the type which is what he loves, lets face it) and then there's Dogville thrown in the middle there. Just, such a strange list.

Woah. I guess my premium membership just expired. I was wondering what happened to my sig...

oh well

I love how it's a list with all this trash (not speaking to the quality of films, just the type which is what he loves, lets face it) and then there's Dogville thrown in the middle there. Just, such a strange list.

Fight Club to Friday was a little jarring.

I purchased a butt load of Blu-Rays over the weekend.

Yes, I measure Blu-Rays by how many I can load into my butt.

No, I had to upgrade my "Richard Simmons Sweatin' To The Oldies" collection.

Heat is supposedly coming out later this year from what I read. Still no Tombstone though.

I mainly just replaced a bunch of DVDs I already had, but got a few new ones too. Here's what I picked up: Planet Earth, Batman Begins, 300, No Country For Old Men, & Nacho Libre. All were on sale, the last was particularly cheap ($12).

Watched No Country, it looks phenomenal in Blu-Ray.

Nice. Did you get that new 300 release?

Nacho Libre cracks me the hell up. Did you see the trailer for the new Jared Hess movie, with Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords as a sci-fi author who sounds like Orson Welles.

Unforgiven is up on Amazon for 10 bucks.

Nice. Did you get that new 300 release?

I went with the standard one. It was on sale and half the price of the fancy version. The new one was very tempting, but I couldn't see myself watching most of those special features, so it didn't really seem worth it at twice the price. According to what I read, the basic picture and sound quality of the actual film are the same on both versions.

I have a soft spot for Hess' movies for a number of reasons...

That's a great price on Unforgiven, I may have to pick it up. I really want to get the Blu-Ray release of Sin City as well, and it looks to be about $10 cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else. I'll probably end up throwing down for Band of Brothers on there as well, considering it's pretty much half the price of getting it in a retail store.

IGN seems to be a pretty good place for Blu-Ray reviews, as they factor in the picture, sound, and special features separately from whether or not they like the film.

Oh, then that's a great buy. I only upgrade DVDs if the video/audio quality is improved, yet there's still a decent crop of them that are still non-anamorphic releases, which blows.

Yeah, it's ridiculous how good the deals on Amazon are.

IGN is pretty solid. The actual Blu Ray site is pretty helpful as well.

There's a solid chance that I'll get a standalone player this holiday season. Hopefully one with Netflix streaming, but we'll see how that goes.

Also, save your monies:

http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Blu-ray-Al-Pacino/dp/B0017HRJ04

That's a stretch.

YLB, are you telling Scumbo not to buy Heat on Blu-Ray?

I think he just meant to "save your monies" for purchasing it when it's released in November. I look forward to seeing the "great ass" scene in HD. Also, Val's hair blowing in the wind....or something.

I've been trying to upgrade to blu-ray strategically, both in finding discounts and upgrading first only those whose HD transfers see the most drastic benefit of the format, i.e. Miami Vice and Blade Runner. I look forward to seeing how the New World EC Blu Ray shapes up next month. That should be astonishing, provided they don't scrimp on the transfer.

Back
Top Bottom