Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VII: You Inglourious Little Basterds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Ferrell can carry a movie by himself, still enjoy him and totally understand how divisive he can be. Whoever thought of pairing him up with John C. Reilly deserves a gold medal.

Speaking of which, I remember a poll a few years back on what's the last movie you'd want to watch on a plane.

I think Airplane got the most votes, personally I'm twisted and would love to watch that on a plane. United 93 makes the most sense to me. No way.

The song from Raging Bull over Hollis' death? That sounds fucking awesome.

I don't recall that song, but Snyder didn't really do anything to convince me he knows the first thing about cuing pop music to his films.

Honestly, they could do one better and just play "Yakety Sax."

Just two months after unveiling its 2009-10 programming roster, MTV is adding a handful of new projects to its development slate, including a pilot based on the Michael J. Fox theatrical "Teen Wolf."

I think part of me just died.

Wait. Said part of me was just resurrected:

Tommy Wiseau | Film | A.V. Club

Haven't read it yet, but there is no way this interview isn't the very definition of wonderful.

Empire Reviews Central - Review of Public Enemies

Pumped.

And Jeff Wells absolutely adored it.

Wells said:
Michael Mann's Public Enemies, which premiered last night in Westwood, is glorious and levitational -- the most captivating, beautifully composed and freshly conceived gangster movie since Bonnie and Clyde. It's an art film first, a Mann head-and-heart trip second, a classic machine-gun action pulverizer third, and a conventional popcorn movie fourth. The schmucks will go "meh" and the people who are hip enough to understand what this movie is doing/has done will retire to tens of thousands of nearby cafes and talk it over for at least a couple of hours.

He's not always easy to agree with, but when he goes head over heels for something I take notice.

Probably because he's usually a pretentious asshole, but I agree with you about when he has a glowing review. His posts on older films are usually intriguing though.

I think part of me just died.

Wait. Said part of me was just resurrected:

Tommy Wiseau | Film | A.V. Club

Haven't read it yet, but there is no way this interview isn't the very definition of wonderful.

I'm about 2 questions in and this popped up:

We have many Lisas, Marks, Dennys, Johnnys, and other characters from The Room in America and in the entire world.

And other than his appearances at Room screenings, plus a role in an episode of Tim And Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!

I stopped reading here. I don't care how awful/great this guy is, but I need to stay absolutely as far away from anything related to him as possible.

God, Tim and Eric blows.

Go to one of the audio clips and you'll get some inclination as to why that movie's so damn awesome.

I stopped reading here. I don't care how awful/great this guy is, but I need to stay absolutely as far away from anything related to him as possible.

Keep in mind The Room has been around much longer than whatever this Tim and Eric deal I've never heard of has.

Tim and Eric is no less than one of the biggest travesty's of faux hipster comedy I've ever laid eyes on. Truly despicable in every way.

Well apparently it's on Adult Swim, so that's your problem right there. That's the program block that totally ruined Brak for me forever.

I only ever have Adult Swim on my TV so I can watch reruns of the glorious King of the Hill.

You catch Judge's new show? It's one of the worst things I've ever seen. And that's coming from a fan.

Tim and Eric hang out at my local bar every week. This girl I have the hots for made out with the tall, ogre looking one. I can't tell you how livid I was. The guy is COMPLETELY unattractive. I mean, if you're gonna be a starfucker at least hook up with someone who's physically appealing.

Anyway, something else I was gonna talk about, but I forgot.

Oh yeah, Jeff Wells. Say what you want but the guy's got good taste, even though he tends to be a genre film hater. I completely agree with his contempt for flyover states and bottom feeders. This country is fucked up beyond belief.

Wells turned me onto Stephen Frears' The Hit, so that's cool. I do hate how he'll spend weeks hating on a film before he reviews it, then finally shits all over it when he gets a chance to see it (ie: Watchmen). Like Lance said, when he's positive about something, I take notice.

His demeanor just bothers me, but I do still find him entertaining at times.

I thought he was pretty fair towards Watchmen. He said he didn't want to sit through it again but he seemed to give it some credit.

Of course, he's a jerk. But considering the gallery of assholes who populate his comments section, it's not hard to see why.

AVC: The central plot of The Room concerns infidelity, but a lot of other things are brought to the table—drug use and terminal disease. What do you feel these other plots add to the film?

TW: All topics, issues, and subjects in The Room add to the depth of the characters in the movie, and they are equally important.

Especially the drug use and terminal illness subplots, mentioned once each and forgotten.

"I got the results of the test back. I definitely have breast cancer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom