Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VII: You Inglourious Little Basterds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading Rogan for Zooey? Score.

All he'd have to do is lose McBride and that movie would look perfect.

cfea245a743f1aa3c28a0d81c313fb77.gif

I watched Bunuel's The Phantom of Liberty at a friend's house last night and absolutely loved it. I'm always down with absurdist comedies, and it cracked me the hell up, especially the dinner table/bathroom sequence. Really dug how it was broken up into vignettes and how each of them delved into different ideas of the inversion of societal and moral ideals. That and assless chaps.

Have any of you guys seen it?

Also, my day got a little better after watching this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4mgqt7uhlo#

Easily my favorite ending of all-time.

I watched Bunuel's The Phantom of Liberty at a friend's house last night and absolutely loved it. I'm always down with absurdist comedies, and it cracked me the hell up, especially the dinner table/bathroom sequence. Really dug how it was broken up into vignettes and how each of them delved into different ideas of the inversion of societal and moral ideals. That and assless chaps.

Have any of you guys seen it?

That's funny, I watched this for the first time last week. A lot of fun, this film. The guy with the assless chaps (Michael Lonsdale) was also "Papa" in Munich and the villain in Moonraker.

Currently working my way through the Region 2 Buñuel boxed set I bought a couple months ago.

If you liked that one, YLB, I highly recommend The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, as well as The Milky Way, both surreal, but the latter a very pointed criticism of the Catholic Church. These along with Phantom of Liberty were considered by Buñuel to be a loose trilogy.

That's funny, I watched this for the first time last week. A lot of fun, this film. The guy with the assless chaps (Michael Lonsdale) was also "Papa" in Munich and the villain in Moonraker.

Currently working my way through the Region 2 Buñuel boxed set I bought a couple months ago.

If you liked that one, YLB, I highly recommend The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie, as well as The Milky Way, both surreal, but the latter a very pointed criticism of the Catholic Church. These along with Phantom of Liberty were considered by Buñuel to be a loose trilogy.

Hah, awesome.

Sounds good. I'm trying to watch a few of his films, Welles' The Trial, and Fuller's Shock Corridor before Shutter Island comes out.

You're going to be having a good time in the near future, that's for sure.

After Shock Corridor you should check out Fuller's The Naked Kiss.

Okay. The same buddy's been recommending White Dog for a while, so I may check that out as well.

Barnes and Noble is having a half-off Criterion sale starting on Tuesday. I might pick up one or two just for the sake of doing it, depending on the price.

White Dog is not one of his better ones, it's a curiosity but don't make it a priority.

Another Fuller masterpiece is Pickup on South Street, also on Criterion, and a couple other great ones are Forty Guns (Scorsese is a HUGE fan of this one) and House of Bamboo, both of which can be found online for under $10 if I'm not mistaken, and of course The Big Red One a.k.a. the WWII film that Saving Private Ryan is a pathetic imitation of.

I remember you mentioning House of Bamboo and Forty Guns a while back.

Yeah, really enjoyed The Big Red One when I saw it a few months back.

Check out today's haul:

The Game, The Insider, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Last of the Mohicans, Nashville, and The Nightmare Before Christmas for about 20 dollars. Holla.

Anyone seen The Hurt Locker yet? The trailer makes my pants insane. Gotta see it.

The Hurt Locker and District 9 are the last two big films I want to see this summer. A few other I'm discounting since I probably won't see them until I'm back in DC which more or less means "summer over" for me: Thirst, Ponyo, Inglourious YLBs, Flame and Citron...

Pickup on South Street is grimy kickass swanktitude.

Picked this up, along with Band of Outsiders and F for Fake at the Barnes and Noble Half-Off Criterion sale. Really excited to see it.

Anyone seen The Hurt Locker yet? The trailer makes my pants insane. Gotta see it.

It's fucking awesome. Truth be told, I saw it on torrents. Not proud of it, but it's certainly a film worth seeing in any circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom