Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VI: Return of Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why am I hot hard for Public Enemies?

Probably because I could give a rat's ass about any of Johnny "Sellout Whore" Depp's projects.

And this just seems too obvious a film for Mann to make.

Please understand this is coming from someone who loved Ali and Miami Vice.

You're the only person I know that likes Miami Vice as much as I do.

And, YLB, I fucking told you that Thief was hardcore.

I finally watched RocknRolla over the weekend. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sure, it wasn't Snatch or Lock Stock, but what really is? Compared to RevolveR, it was a much needed return to form. Here's to hoping a lack of Madonna will bring Ritchie back over to the light side of the force.

Also bought and watched Sin City again, which I hadn't seen since the opening weekend it was in theaters. I was surprised how much of it I had forgotten about, it was nice to enjoy it all over again. Has anyone read these graphic novels? Worth picking up? I've read a lot of other Frank Miller stuff, but none of these.

I just found out about something called Sunshine Cleaners with Amy Adams and Emily Blunt. I don't think I could see it since those two would have me treating the place like one of those seedy, sticky theaters you hear about Dalton going to all the time.

You're the only person I know that likes Miami Vice as much as I do.

And, YLB, I fucking told you that Thief was hardcore.

I would wet myself if I were in the same room as James Caan from that movie. And shit, Mann knows how to close his moments with an Epic Shootout Made Epic by Epic Music. (also see: Heat, Manhunter, Last of the Mohicans... kind of cheating, but still, holy shit.)

I've never seen the Director's Cut. Speaking of which, I guess I need to see the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven one day.

I thought the theatrical cut of Miami Vice was alright, but preferred the director's cut once I saw it on cable.

I'm with you on the Kingdom of Heaven thing.

I just found out about something called Sunshine Cleaners with Amy Adams and Emily Blunt. I don't think I could see it since those two would have me treating the place like one of those seedy, sticky theaters you hear about Dalton going to all the time.

I wouldn't mind cleaning their sunshine, if you get my meaning.

Oops, wrong thread.

I finally watched RocknRolla over the weekend. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Sure, it wasn't Snatch or Lock Stock, but what really is? Compared to RevolveR, it was a much needed return to form. Here's to hoping a lack of Madonna will bring Ritchie back over to the light side of the force.

Also bought and watched Sin City again, which I hadn't seen since the opening weekend it was in theaters. I was surprised how much of it I had forgotten about, it was nice to enjoy it all over again. Has anyone read these graphic novels? Worth picking up? I've read a lot of other Frank Miller stuff, but none of these.

Why didn't you assholes tell me I put this in the wrong thread? Considering what insufferable douches you usually are, I can barely believe there isn't 3 pages worth of ball busting for my mistake.

Death to Oasis.

Heat, Manhunter, and The Insider are pretty much tied as my favorite Mann films. Depends on which day you ask me, and which one has Waingro in it.

Pubic Enemies

looks like it will be a big hit. Depp is box office gold.

somewhat reminds me of the last Jesse James film, not in style but concept

popular outlaw, meets his fate because of betrayal of a friend.

Rated R for Gangster Violence? Who knew?

The DV in Mann's and Fincher's last few have been astounding.

Inland Empire was the only movie Lynch made after Mulholland Drive, right?

On an unrelated note, the ending of Scanners is beyond fucked up.

I believe you are right

which leaves me with a dilemma,

I have seen all his other films on the big screen
Inland Empire never made it to a screen near me.

I believe you are right

which leaves me with a dilemma,

I have seen all his other films on the big screen
Inland Empire never made it to a screen near me.

I couldn't imagine seeing his films in a huge theater, you know? It would have to be a more intimate setting, whether it be a smaller theater or my TV, or Lynch's favorite, my fucking iPhone.

He's working on something with Werner Herzog right now, but I don't know the full extent of his involvement.

Seeing Inland Empire in a theater would be the most surreal, horrifying cinema experience I could imagine.

Back
Top Bottom