Interference Random Movie Talk & Robin: The Thrilling Fourth Installment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis?

I'm at the part where Hans just started talking and McClane is two floors up.

Ellis?

I'm at the part where Hans just started talking and McClane is two floors up.

This asshole:

harry-ellis-20071010011352501.jpg

Alan Rickman is phenomenal here.

"No fucking shit, lady, do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?"

One liners for the win.

Why he continues to talk to himself while being hunted down ... I have no idea.

Powell has been spotted buying Tastykakes, by the way.

Why he continues to talk to himself while being hunted down ... I have no idea.

Powell has been spotted buying Tastykakes, by the way.

I figure he's doing it to downplay the craziness of the situation. Sure, it's a ridiculous action flick, but he's one of the more realistic heroes (actually looking like shit by the end) this side of Indiana Jones.

For the wife... she's pregnant.

If Step Brothers was Japanese animation, I'm sure you'd be first in line to see it. I can understand the hate there, but Die Hard?

I prefer The Last Boy Scout, personally.

A perfectly-made generic 80's action movie is still a generic 80's action movie. Not exactly what I hold dear to my cinematic heart.

I prefer The Last Boy Scout, personally.

A perfectly-made generic 80's action movie is still a generic 80's action movie. Not exactly what I hold dear to my cinematic heart.

That's cool, it's a pretty damn entertaining movie.

Die Hard, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Aliens, Predator, and Big Trouble in Little China are probably my favorite action flicks from the '80s. Also, Twins.

I love Die Hard, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what makes it worth talking a lick about in 2008.

I love Die Hard, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what makes it worth talking a lick about in 2008.

I don't know, it's not really timeless because it's so grounded in being "an '80s movie," but it's always fun to watch. If you love something, then it's always worth talking about, I think. No matter how many more "greater films" I see, it'll always be one of my favorites, personally. Popular opinion be damned.

Because I just watched it for the first time last night, that's why.

Sorry that I haven't caught up to your film expertise yet, I was just enjoying it for myself and discussing it. If you honestly want me to talk only about new movies/movies you deem "timeless," then I guess I'll cease discussion about any of these films I'm watching now.

The same could be said of U2.

I agree with LeMac. I too can be as snobby and hipsterish as anyone about music and movies, but at the end of the day, it's all about being entertained. If something you like isn't considered "cool" to hipster elitists, what does it really matter? Enjoy it and have fun. We're all posting on a site for one of the most "uncool" bands around, so none of us have any room to talk.

Anyways, I like to party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom