Interference Random Movie Talk & Robin: The Thrilling Fourth Installment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good. I like knowing I eased my way out of an embarrassing gaffe with some sort of grace and dign ............ *trips and falls down stairs*

You're from the UNITED STATES OF RECESSION. We have no grace, dignity or knowledge of the rest of the world. That's just us! Awwwww.

At least a fellow Recessioner pointed our your little faux pas, and not some suave Euro-type.

The sad thing is that in my head I can picture a map of the UK, and know that Wales is attached to England. Thus, you would think I would have known that to say someone is Welsh also means they're British.

Eh, it's Sunday night. I don't have to turn my brain on for another good 12 hours yet.

You're from the UNITED STATES OF RECESSION. We have no grace, dignity or knowledge of the rest of the world. That's just us! Awwwww.

At least a fellow Recessioner pointed our your little faux pas, and not some suave Euro-type.

You're cheating.

Cori, does your Bale Love venture into Pedo territory?

emp372.jpg

"B-51... Cadillac of the skies!"

Nay, it does not. But I will be watching that movie soon, as I have never seen it.

It's Spielberg's hidden gem, as far as I'm concerned. He's in full "I'm trying to be like David Lean" mode, and it's alright with me.

Bale's fucking awesome in it and it's his first movie... then you've got Ben Stiller's acting debut stashed in there somewhere.

Did I tell you guys that I found out this morning that none of my rebel forces were able to penetrate my wife's battle star defenses?

Did you attempt to create a perimeter to fly into the superstructure in an attempt to knock out her main reactor?

Saw Step Brothers. What an absurd film. College Girl described it as "whatever would come out of my head if it exploded." A strange, but relevant description.

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, I purchased two films: The Life Aquatic and Die Hard. Which should I watch tonight?

Saw Step Brothers. What an absurd film. College Girl described it as "whatever would come out of my head if it exploded." A strange, but relevant description.

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, I purchased two films: The Life Aquatic and Die Hard. Which should I watch tonight?

That is an apt statement. I haven't laughed harder at any movie this year than the last 15 minutes of that movie.

"I TRAVELED 500 MILES TO PLANT MY SEED IN YOU!" following the nymph/centaur thing... all being capped with Ferrell and Reilly beating up children using playground equipment. Holy fucking shit.

Hmm... are you in the mood for a light sea venture or a path to badassery and one-liners?

I haven't seen Empire of the Sun yet either. I need to record it on the DVR as one of the HD movie channels I get seems to play it every other week or so. I had no idea he was so young in it.

Glad Step Brothers delivers, I'll have to see that soon. The friend I'd always go to inappropriate comedies with moved recently, so I'll have to drag someone else. I was going to go to X-Files today, but ended up finishing a mediocre book instead. I'll try to catch that this week (as I'm scared it may leave theaters quickly)

Those are good purchases, Philly. I think you'll be good watching either one, depending on your mood (action or Wes). I picked up Swingers and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back last week at Best Buy as they were on sale for $5.99 each.

Going to watch Control now. I can't think of another decent Joy Division pun. The mediocre book sapped my brane powur.

That is an apt statement. I haven't laughed harder at any movie this year than the last 15 minutes of that movie.

"I TRAVELED 500 MILES TO PLANT MY SEED IN YOU!" following the nymph/centaur thing... all being capped with Ferrell and Reilly beating up children using playground equipment. Holy fucking shit.

Hmm... are you in the mood for a light sea venture or a path to badassery and one-liners?

The mother cracking up in half of the scenes made it even better, somehow.

I loved when he's doing the Paul Potts opera thing and Reilly does the "Boats 'n' Hoes" background vocal for the first time. I lost it there. And Ferrell's brothers friend killed me with all the "pows" as well as telling Ferrell his face pissed him off to the point where he couldn't hear him speaking.

I'm feeling the latter, to be honest.

The mother cracking up in half of the scenes made it even better, somehow.

I loved when he's doing the Paul Potts opera thing and Reilly does the "Boats 'n' Hoes" background vocal for the first time. I lost it there. And Ferrell's brothers friend killed me with all the "pows" as well as telling Ferrell his face pissed him off to the point where he couldn't hear him speaking.

I'm feeling the latter, to be honest.

My father would hate the stupidity, but my mother would enjoy it but hate the vulgarity. It's a no-win situation. Derrick's wife killed me every time she was on screen.

I lost it at the "Boats 'n Hoes" thing, too... the friend was great, too.

Either's a great choice, Die Hard is the greatest action movie of the past 25 years. I will have no problems defending this to the death, even if I do look more like skinny Bale than BatBale.

I meant Ferrell's mother, not my own. Neither of my parents would enjoy it.

I think my father would enjoy The Dark Knight because of The Joker. He loved Willem Dafoe's character in Spiderman, especially the frequently highlighted by me "laughing in his bedroom by himself" scene.

Anyway, yes, I'm glad I saw that. "Your voice is like a mix of Fergie and Jesus."

I meant Ferrell's mother, not my own. Neither of my parents would enjoy it.

I think my father would enjoy The Dark Knight because of The Joker. He loved Willem Dafoe's character in Spiderman, especially the frequently highlighted by me "laughing in his bedroom by himself" scene.

Anyway, yes, I'm glad I saw that. "Your voice is like a mix of Fergie and Jesus."

Oh, okay... I do remember the awkward close-ups to her face during that scene.

I still don't know how my dad liked The Dark Knight, he hasn't given me a straight answer. He finds good Batman to be too dark and the crappy ones to be too silly.

"The fucking Catalina Wine Mixer!"

She was completely losing it when she said, "What the fucking fuck!?" after they knocked each other out in the front yard.

Reilly creating his life out of Good Will Hunting in therapy was great, too.

So much shit went down in this movie.

She was completely losing it when she said, "What the fucking fuck!?" after they knocked each other out in the front yard.

Reilly creating his life out of Good Will Hunting in therapy was great, too.

So much shit went down in this movie.

It does start to drag during the first Christmas section, but picks up to glorious levels during the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer sequence. I loved the "twist" at the end that the father was exactly like them, too.

"I always wanted to be a dinosaur."

The dinosaur thing was weird and hilarious.

I'm now on my family computer, with Die Hard playing on Windows Media. Running diary?

The dinosaur thing was weird and hilarious.

I'm now on my family computer, with Die Hard playing on Windows Media. Running diary?

That's the movie in a nutshell. The Chewbacca mask thoroughly killed me, too.

Go for it, McClane.

The V-shaped chest pubes leading right to the ball fro warrants mentioning. Seth Rogen's cameo was also welcome. I swear he speaks just like my cousin, who's around the same age.

I've always dug how John McClane always has a cool black guy to help him out in the first three movies, culminating in partnering up with Sam Jackson. The fourth one didn't employ this method... instead we got Justin Long. PC was pissed.

Bruce Willis grins more than any actor in history. Warrants mentioning.

Fucking California.

So far, the film's two black characters are an overly chatty limo driver and a computer geek. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom