Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lazarus said:
Chicago Film Critics have chosen their winners (unlike most city critics groups, they have nominees first):

Picture: No Country For Old Men
Actor: Daniel Day-FUCKING-Lewis, There Will Be Blood
Actress: Ellen Page, Juno
Sup Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country For Old Men
Sup Actress: Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone (like the competition)
Director: Joel & Ethan Coen, NCFOM
Orig. Screenplay: Diablo Cody, Juno
Adapted Screenplay: Joel & Ethan Coen, NCFOM
Cinematography: Roger Deakins, Jesse James/Robert Ford (NICE)

Silly me. Cate Blanchett actually won Supp. Actress for I'm Not There, not Amy Ryan for Gone Baby Gone.

So there is a slight kink in the armor.

Dalton said:
You know what I like about Diablo Cody? Its a stage name ... for a stripper.

Dalton likes strippers.

Her book about her days as a stripper is HILARIOUS. Can't wait to see the movie.

In other news, I smell another double feature in my future!

Juno at one theater downtown, then around the block for I Am Legend! Or vice versa. I have many options. :hmm:

Last edited:
I'm seeing I Am Legend with my buds on Saturday. It may be good, bad, or plain mediocre, but I'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully there will be at least one "Aw hell naw!"

Juno isn't playing anywhere nearby yet, but at least Fred Claus is still in theaters. :down:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm seeing I Am Legend with my buds on Saturday. It may be good, bad, or plain mediocre, but I'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully there will be at least one "Aw hell naw!"

I'm going to try to see it in IMAX this weekend, but I've got my fingers crossed for a "WELCOME TO EARF" instead.

Well, I'm leaving D.C. tomorrow, and there are still a few films I haven't seen (It's a lot harder to see stuff back home).

Juno
Youth Without Youth
There Will Be Blood
The Savages
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Those are the big ones left for me. Hopefully I'll see them some time before winter break it done.

At least get the 2-disc one (director's cut, final cut) for the better transfer. The current DVD ilooks like a glorified laserdisc.

I know you didn't ask me, but hey, it's what little bastards do.

The version with Harrison Ford's narration is worthless. If you already have the Director's Cut, I say just go ahead and by the new version and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom