Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading on the IMDb forums about people pining for Daniel Day-Lewis to be in Blood Meridian.

My money's on Russell Crowe, apparently he's in every Ridley Scott movie nowadays.

That's because all those people saw the "There Will Be Blood" teaser and crapped their pants.

As for Blood Meridian, I don't know the story or characters, so I can't say wheter Crowe will have a role. It's likely though.

There is a character in that book that would just be an amazing role to play in a film. Not the main character, but someone else who figures very prominently in the book.

Cool, now I've got to read all of these books to make my own movie judgments. :wink:

Just judging by the trailer for No Country, Javier Bardem's character looks to be "one of those" roles already.

Lancemc said:
Just judging by the trailer for No Country, Javier Bardem's character looks to be "one of those" roles already.

He kills people with air pressure.

Holy shit.

The scene in Punch Drunk Love, where Watson's character comes back into the warehouse to ask Sandler's character out....love it, just for Guzman's reaction....he is frozen stiff, but his eyes go back and forth betweeen the 2 of them....fucking priceless.

My personal favorite scene in that film (damn, nevermind it's way to hard to pick just one)...ONE OF my favorite scenes from that film is the phone-call between Sandler and Hoffman. Two completely insecure, cowardly men shouting inane horseshit at each other, trying to hide the fact that they are both completely intimidated by one another.

Masterful.

and again, just because...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V89yFMHXynk&mode=related&search=

I'm watching Contact.

I absolutely love the beginning, starting at Earth and the current radio signals, and as the viewer moves further into space, the radio signals go back in time, until there's just silence.

There's some that's lame in this flick, but there's a lot that's quite not.

:love:

corianderstem said:
I'm watching Contact.

I absolutely love the beginning, starting at Earth and the current radio signals, and as the viewer moves further into space, the radio signals go back in time, until there's just silence.

There's some that's lame in this flick, but there's a lot that's quite not.

:love:

I really like the movie. I especially like when Jodie Foster's character actually "travels". I'm okay to go. I'm okay to go. :up: :up:

I'm a fan of Contact. I think I like it more every time I see it.

Just got done watching Jackie Brown again. It's tempting to call it Quentin's best film. The sountrack alone warrants such a claim. :drool:

I saw The Invasion over the weekend, it was pretty horrible. After reading an article about how it was pieced together by two sets of writers and directors I understood why-and why I never saw Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig doing any publicity for it. They even managed to make Daniel Craig look completely dull :huh:

The best part of the whole experience was seeing the trailer for the new George Clooney movie, Michael Clayton. It's due to be released on October 5th.

Michael Clayton (George Clooney) is an in-house "fixer" at one of the largest corporate law firms in New York. A former criminal prosecutor, Clayton takes care of Kenner, Bach & Ledeen's dirtiest work at the behest of the firm's co-founder Marty Bach (Sydney Pollack). Though burned out and hardly content with his job as a fixer, his divorce, a failed business venture and mounting debt have left Clayton inextricably tied to the firm. At U/North, meanwhile, the career of litigator Karen Crowder (Tilda Swinton) rests on the multi-million dollar settlement of a class action suit that Clayton's firm is leading to a seemingly successful conclusion. But when Kenner Bach's brilliant and guilt-ridden attorney Arthur Edens (Tom Wilkinson) sabotages the U/North case, Clayton faces the biggest challenge of his career and his life.

Sounds like another Good Night/Good Luck -esque role for Clooney. I'll keep an eye out.

Lancemc said:
I'm a fan of Contact. I think I like it more every time I see it.

Just got done watching Jackie Brown again. It's tempting to call it Quentin's best film. The sountrack alone warrants such a claim. :drool:

Jackie's on par with Reservoir Dogs for me, which is still a bit behind Pulp Fiction, what do you like that makes it better than those two?

The soundtrack is killer.

8 pages on this thread already? Jeez you guys work fast.

Contact was decent; I don't think I was fully over my hatred of Zemeckis by that point (post Forrest Gump), so I'll have to check it out one day.

I just found the Criterion DVD of Godard's Band of Outsiders for like $12 and I'm really excited about watching it, only saw the film once like 10 years ago.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Jackie's on par with Reservoir Dogs for me, which is still a bit behind Pulp Fiction, what do you like that makes it better than those two?

The soundtrack is killer.

I still can't say for sure that it's better than Pulp Ficiton, because I just loooove that film so damn much.

But personaly, Jackie Brown seems to be his tightest, my well-concieved and executed film to date. The script is still as fun and sharp as Fiction's, but has a more serious and dare-I-say mature plot. And along with the soundtrack, the performances in this film are some of the best in all of QT's catalogue.

But can you attribute the story to Tarantino's script or Elmore Leonard's source material? That's where it gets a little shady for me.

Gotta agree with the performances, Robert Forster, Michael Keaton, and Robert De Niro ftw. :up:

Whether the story is attributed more to Tarantino or Leonard, it's still the same film, so that really doesn't mean anything to mean.

The story is the tightest of Tarantino's films, I'll agree, but those were original scripts at least co-written by Tarantino (even though he borrows plot elements from other films.)

Either way, enjoyable film, shouldn't be arguing about its greatness. :wink:

Best scene is when De Niro just kills Bridget Fonda in the middle of the parking lot, did not see that coming.

My favorite scene is when Ordell picked up Beaumont at his motel and does him in. I feel it's the perfect QT balance of violence, dialog, lighting, photography, cinematography, sound, and music.

It nearly makes my giddy.

He was great in The Fifth Element and Friday, too bad his career went down the path it did, you know?

Same with Cuba Gooding Jr., iconic in Jerry Maguire, and has done absolutely nothing since... except maybe Radio, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom