Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time Bandits is also on the queue, but I might bunch that up with Meaning of Life and Life of Brian.

I get some perverse pleasure in making good Netflix threesomes, it kind of adds to the whole experience for me I guess.

lazarus said:

12 Monkeys is WAY high on my all-time list. You really need to see it again after watching Vertigo, which is playing in the old theatre Willis & Stowe go into, and the two films have much in common. You'll love it even more.

That's really cool, I should probably do that. I love Brad Pitt's mentally retarded Tyler Durden character.

Last edited:
To be fair, I haven't seen the Redux since my Senior year of high school some time, so I really wouldn't like to get too deep into my preference without seeing it again.

And there really isn't much to be said about the film itself that hasn't been said a million times already. It's a masterpiece, and easily my favorite war film, unless you count Dr. Strangelove or a more tangential film like that.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Time Bandits is also on the queue, but I might bunch that up with Meaning of Life and Life of Brian.

I get some perverse pleasure in making good Netflix threesomes, it kind of adds to the whole experience for me I guess.

Not everyone likes Time Bandits, but I love it. There is a scene with Robin Hood, played by John Cleese, that I fucking worship.

As Laz says, 12 Monkeys is great. Do watch it.

Is Nic Cage in that?

Genuine retardation > Senility > Stephen A. Smith

stephen-a-smith1.jpg

Nicolas.jpg

sam-1.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:

Actually, Time Bandits would make a nice 3-fer with Brazil and Baron Munchausen, as they were intended to be a loose trilogy anyway:

Time Bandits --> Youth
Brazil --> Mid-Life Crisis
Munchausen --> Old Age

No spoken words said:
If Laz recommends a movie order, YLB, you do it. You do it and you don't question it. You do it, you don't question it and you fucking like it.

NSW: Your next assignment is From Justin to Kelly.

GO!

B00005JM9N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I saw that.

:reject:

In my defense, I did think it was pretty awful, even though I do love me some Kelly Clarkson.

I think she's been lovin' on the donuts since that cover picture was taken, but hey, she can wail.

lazarus said:

NSW: Your next assignment is From Justin to Kelly.

GO!

B00005JM9N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

What makes you think that I've not see it a few times already??? You're the worst kind of movie snob, the kind that sees crappy stuff and thinks nobody else has, nor wants to. I loved this film. I found, um.....Kelly's performance to be.....uh-huh....and Justin was perfectly cast as.....um....I guess himself.....and the....er....beach scene?.....was a cinematic tour de force.

Is there such a thing as Hate At First Sight?

Because I suddenly want to kill whoever the hell Justin is.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think she's been lovin' on the donuts since that cover picture was taken, but hey, she can wail.

Oh, the inevitable weight comments. God forbid a woman in showbiz be anything but a size negative-three.

SMITE! SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!

Good for her, dagnabbit. She looks great. Like, you know, a normal woman.

corianderstem said:

Oh, the inevitable weight comments. God forbid a woman in showbiz be anything but a size negative-three.

SMITE! SMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE!

Good for her, dagnabbit. She looks great. Like, you know, a normal woman.

I didn't mean for my last comment to come off as little bastardy, but it did, because I am a little bastard.

But really, I'm glad she doesn't let that shit get to her and totally Winehouse herself to nothing. Yes, I just used her name as a verb.

I think that is an EXCELLENT verbing! Winehouse herself. Nice.

You get so many points for that, I take back my smiting.

I used an Amy Winehouse to pick a piece of overcooked beef out from between two bicuspids the other day. Unfortunately the right side of my lips tastes like opium for the rest of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom