Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have DVR.

And it's not like I haven't seen it before. But it's badass, and I'd like to watch it again, for the bajillionth time.

I started watching The Departed late last night. Didn't end til about 3:30am. I was gonna watch half one night and half the next, but that ruins the movie usually, and after all it was Friday night.

namkcuR said:
Across The Universe looks like it would be a fun film to watch while high.

Isn't that what it's for?

Lancemc said:
I don't have DVR.

And it's not like I haven't seen it before. But it's badass, and I'd like to watch it again, for the bajillionth time.

I wish I had DVR... and no ratings block. I'll spare you guys from that rant.

collateral-2.jpg

He might be able to take care of your little problem there, LMP.

Collateral. Meh. I can't even remember it, except he's out to kill lots of people, and Jamie Foxx is the innocent cab driver or something. And that's the truth. What? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH :mad:

Collateral's probably my second or third favorite Mann film. The third act is pretty ridiculous, though the final scene is pretty fantastic. I think it's a pretty fascinating character-piece for the most part though, with some of the most beautifully filmed violence I've seen come out of the last 15 years or so.

Well, if there's one thing to be learned from all this, it's that Christian Bale has a reasonably average-sized penis. So we can all feel a little better about ourselves.

I have no idea what TMI stands for, but it currently makes twice as much sense as this movie.

What the holy hell? Credits? Are you serious? What on god's green earth happened in this film? I haven't been so lost in a long time.

Plot Synopsis of Metroland via imdb, if it helps any:

After ten years absence Toni (Lee Ross), Chris's (Christian Bale) best friend, suddenly reappears in London to bring chaos and doubt into Chris's calm, tranquil, slightly boring, predictable life. Chris starts to remember his carefree youth as a photographer in Paris when he lived with and enjoyed a torrid affair with Annick (Elsa Zylberstein). It was also in Paris that he first met and fell in love with Marion ('Watson, Emily' ). The temptations and pressure exerted on Chris by Toni to return to their former carefree life of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll soon starts to have an impact on Chris's marriage. He starts to question his values, his lifestyle choices and his relationship with Marion and even suspects her of starting an affair with Toni whom she dislikes! Eventually circumstances come to a head and Chris is forced to decide whether to follow Toni back to the hedonistic, irresponsible life of his youth or face the harsh realities of the present and stay with Marion.

Jeez, you guys racked up like 3 pages in no time.

Someone asked a while back if the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven was worth watching, and no one answered.

I was lucky enough to see this in the theatre when it was briefly re-released (god I miss Los Angeles), and it was absolutely amazing. What was a pretty decent film before is fleshed out in ways you can't begin to imagine, and in this form is probably in Ridley Scott's top 3 or 5 films. Orlando Bloom's character comes off as much more substantial and believable in what he's eventually able to achieve. Eva Green's character is also given much more time, which explains how she ends up all crazy with a shaved head. Liam Neeson has more to do as well.

It's a shame the studio didn't have the courage to release the thing at its proper length, because Ridley could have been looking at some Oscars right now. Great work by all involved.

Also, the DVD supplements are amazing. You are taken through the ENTIRE filmmaking process, even back when Ridley and the screenwriter (The Departed's William Monahan) were working on a completely different production, Tripoli, which was shut down while the sets were being built. This set is up there with the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions.

Lazarus, where do you live now? I lived in LA for 10 years and just moved to Chicago in April. I miss a few things about LA, and the fact that it's the heart of the movie industry is one of them, for myriad reasons.

I watched KOH and was shocked at how much I disliked it. I've been told by a few to watch the Director's Cut, but have yet to. Perhaps I now will.

Lazarus, what are your thoughts on "Network"?

lazarus said:
Jeez, you guys racked up like 3 pages in no time.

Someone asked a while back if the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven was worth watching, and no one answered.

I was lucky enough to see this in the theatre when it was briefly re-released (god I miss Los Angeles), and it was absolutely amazing. What was a pretty decent film before is fleshed out in ways you can't begin to imagine, and in this form is probably in Ridley Scott's top 3 or 5 films. Orlando Bloom's character comes off as much more substantial and believable in what he's eventually able to achieve. Eva Green's character is also given much more time, which explains how she ends up all crazy with a shaved head. Liam Neeson has more to do as well.

It's a shame the studio didn't have the courage to release the thing at its proper length, because Ridley could have been looking at some Oscars right now. Great work by all involved.

Also, the DVD supplements are amazing. You are taken through the ENTIRE filmmaking process, even back when Ridley and the screenwriter (The Departed's William Monahan) were working on a completely different production, Tripoli, which was shut down while the sets were being built. This set is up there with the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions.

Thanks, I was really interested in watching it after covering the Crusades in World History last year; now I'll have to check it out.

No spoken words said:
Lazarus, where do you live now? I lived in LA for 10 years and just moved to Chicago in April. I miss a few things about LA, and the fact that it's the heart of the movie industry is one of them, for myriad reasons.

I watched KOH and was shocked at how much I disliked it. I've been told by a few to watch the Director's Cut, but have yet to. Perhaps I now will.

Lazarus, what are your thoughts on "Network"?

I've been working on the road for the last 9 months, in various cities. I was actually just in Chicago (where i grew up) for most of the summer, and will be hopping around the midwest until mid-November. Right now I'm in Detroit, which does not have quite the independent film choices that Chicago did. I just had to drive 20 miles to see Rocket Science, which was a cute little movie (think Thumbsucker or Squid and the Whale) but it would have gone down easier had it not been such a hassle to get there.

Network is a brilliant film, and what's scary is how it appears to be MORE relevant with each passing year, as American media continues to spiral further and further down the fucking toilet.

I work in TV (sports) and strongly suggest to all of my younger coworkers that they watch it. Powerful film, and as you say, still highly relevant.

PT Anderson sites Network as his favorite film, I think.

I have been living at work lately, so have had little time to explore the city, let alone see many movies. Most of my movie watching is done late at night on DVD.

At least your cat won't talk half-way through asking you what's going on... hopefully.

i meant about me ..:wink:
once i read what i typed..
i sound like an old lonely woman who collects cats

but besides my boyfriend i have yet to have a friend who i share similar movie tastes, and i certainly have friends who talk during movies or keep asking me to explain what's going on,
so i prefer to watch them alone
:reject:

Just watched Kindergarten Cop earlier today as a matter of fact. It's still awful/fantastic and never gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom