Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Shining sticks with me more than any other "horror" film.

Jacob's Ladder seemed uneven to me, but, again, stayed in my head, and not in a good way.

The original Halloween scared me, as I recall.

But, the scariest film ever is Battlefield Earth. Accidentally scary and funny and sad as well. WTF.

No spoken words said:
I like Tim Roth a lot.

I still can't believe he's the bad guy in The Incredible Hulk reboot vs. Edward Norton. He belongs in the "Awesome Villain Actors" Pantheon.

Also, extended Death Proof DVD, who's renting/buying it?

Last edited:
:shrug:

It's not really spoiler. It's sort of like "spoiling" The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford if you know what I mean. And I figure if most people reading this thread wanted to watch Kill Bill they would have likely done so by now, as well as the fact that it doesn't really give away any of the surprising narritive information, if there even is any in those films.

But it breaks the "Jude Law Rule," which states if he's not in a sci-fi flick (A.I., Gattaca) or playing a gay, southern mechanic (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) then it's shit.

Good thing the Michael Caine Rule outweighs it.

LemonMacPhisto said:
But it breaks the "Jude Law Rule," which states if he's not in a sci-fi flick (A.I., Gattaca) or playing a gay, southern mechanic (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) then it's shit.

Good thing the Michael Caine Rule outweighs it.

:down:

The Talented Mr. Ripley
Cold Mountain
Road To Perditon
Enemy At the Gates
And likely My Blueberry Nights

all shit on your so-called Jude Law Rule.

Lancemc said:

:down:

The Talented Mr. Ripley
Cold Mountain
Road To Perditon
Enemy At the Gates
And likely My Blueberry Nights

all shit on your so-called Jude Law Rule.

Sky Captain, the Holiday, Alfie, I Heart Huckabees, Closer, All the President's Men... :down::down::down:

The movies you mentioned are good, but not because of him. I should've specified that it's when he plays a main role, not every movie he's in.

By your reasoning, Enemy at the Gates and The Talented Mr. Ripley are "main roles". And Huckabees and Closer were hardly "Crap".

Nothing about his role in Gates and Ripley stood out for me, but Matt Damon and the other actors in the cast did.

I just didn't like Huckabees at all, but like Closer, I haven't seen it in a year or two so I should probably re-watch it.

Either way, I'm not a big fan of Jude Law, so even if my opinion changes on the films, they probably won't on him in particular.

Lance, I'm glad you're defending Law, especially Ripley and Cold Mountain, which get a lot of shit from film fans who don't appreciate Anthony Minghella's work. He's one of my favorite living writer/directors.

Lemon, your rule doesn't account for Sky Captain, which WAS a sci-film, and not very well-received. So it's invalid by what it includes and leaves out.

Cold Mountain was nothing if not a gorgeous film to watch. It was also an achingly beautiful story.

I haven't seen Breaking and Entering, but it's definitely on my list.

Thought I defended Law, too, especially Cold Mountain. Lazarus has me on ignore.

Cold Mountain, by the way, is an even better book. Charles Frazier. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom