Interference Random Movie Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
The only way to top it is with some of this:

"Where's the override....THE OVERRIDE!?!?"

"ADMIRAL?! ADMIRAL?! Admiral..."

Wrath of Khan's a great movie, too, but Montalban actually overacts more than Shatner... which was almost impossible.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
NamkcuR, the problem is that you're quoting an amazing movie, we're quoting bad movies that are good anyway. Unfair to actually quote a great one.

Understood. I submit, then, that the following tops all of the above:

Bill: Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant. The truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar.
Ted: Yes, Bill. But, I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen until we have a triumphant video.
Bill: Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we even have decent instruments.
Ted: Well, how can we have decent instruments when we don't really even know how to play?
Bill: That is why we NEED Eddie Van Halen!
Ted: And THAT is why we need a triumphant video.
Bill, Ted: EXCELLENT!

^^^ There you go :rockon:

I was reading that Nicholas Meyer would do take after take with Shatner to tire him out and get a more realistic performance, it worked.

I don't know where my life would be without the "KHAAAN" yell.

I read that, too, LMP. It did work.

I'm not a Bill & Ted fan, but, I recall watching the horrid sequel and laughing when they played games against death. Am I remembering that right? Not sure.

"KHHAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN"

At Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, there's a show every year where Bill & Ted encounter characters from summer movies and celebrities 'n shiz. It's pretty funny.

Maybe one of the redeeming qualities of living so close to Orlando.

I want to see Bill and Ted meet Wayne and Garth in the ultimate 'who can out-excellent each other' competition.

EXCELLENT!

No one's seen Bill since 1991 and Keanu Reeves is a human tree stump, so Wayne and Garth win by default.

And Dana Carvey hasn't done anything worthwhile since 1993, and Mike Myers continues to disgrace himself with every film he makes. :(

I like when he stops the bullets and then Elrond/Agent Smith/Megatron attacks him and he's like studying his nails while deflecting the attack. Nice.

And, am I the only one who appreciates the action scenes in the 2nd Matrix? Sure, the film was a major letdown, but there were some great stunts and fights in there.

But nobody's seen Dana Carvey since his eponymous television show failed after five episodes a decade ago, and Mike Myers has been hiding behind Shrek movies for the last five or six years...

Dana Carvey's little-known film Clean Slate is kind of funny, and the short-lived sketch comedy Dana Carvey Show is pretty funny and features pre-Daily Show Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell.

Mike Myers... I hope he pulls himself out of the Eddie Murphy Memorial Sell-Out Hell.

No spoken words said:
I like when he stops the bullets and then Elrond/Agent Smith/Megatron attacks him and he's like studying his nails while deflecting the attack. Nice.

And, am I the only one who appreciates the action scenes in the 2nd Matrix? Sure, the film was a major letdown, but there were some great stunts and fights in there.

Add V to that list and goddamn.

The fight scenes were excellent, especially the first Neo vs. Agent Smith(s) scene.

Also, Neo fights like 5 dudes at once while that French fop who is banging Monica Bellucci watches. The Marovengian or whatever....Keani wipes the floor with his henchmen, then the dude says "ok...you have some skill", then takes off like the French pansy that he is.

I'm a big fan of The Matrix Reloaded, and I don't fully understand where all the disappointment comes from. It delivered everything the first film could have ever promised for a sequel.

The third film, however... Now that's another story.

I remember playing the Enter the Matrix game more than the sequels, maybe I need to re-watch them.

The thing that sticks out of the second Matrix movie for me is the scene with the gazillion agent Smiths. The CGI in that scene sucked. It looked like CGI. If CGI looks like CGI, it sucks.

Agreed, too, about the million Smiths fight. But the chase and Neo's fight prior to the chase are great.

I liked the 2nd Matrix, it did not disappoint me.

The 3rd one was surprisingly bad, though.

The 3rd one was like if Return of the Jedi was about 95% Ewok, 5% Awesome.

That should be a rating of terrible movies, Ewoks.

"Yeah, I hated Batman & Robin, it gets 5 out of 5 Ewoks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom