INTERFERENCE Movie Awards 2007!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:

6. Knocked Up ****

18. 300 ***

WTF!
LMP, you just went down a notch on my list. How can you give Knocked Up 4 stars and 300 3?????

Knocked Up was...IMO.....blown over proportion. It was decent, but highly overrated.
still love ya tho
:)

RedrocksU2 said:

WTF!
LMP, you just went down a notch on my list. How can you give Knocked Up 4 stars and 300 3?????

Knocked Up was...IMO.....blown over proportion. It was decent, but highly overrated.
still love ya tho
:)

Fair enough.

300... I loved the effects and one-liners and action, but after the 50th slo-mo death, it started to grate on me. I liked it, but didn't love it as much as everyone else it seems.

Knocked Up, however, there's more to it than just the humor - I think it's one of the sharpest comedic screenplays in years, at least for a major comedy, moreso than The 40-Year-Old Virgin (which I like more though).

Submit a list! :)

You see, I am a problem with getting involved with all the hoopla surrounding "great" movies...and by the time I see them, prob after the 3rd week of them being shown (Or even after I rent them)...I go; "That's it??":|

That's the dilemma I have with going to see "No Country For Old Men". EVERYONE says it's great...and i'm sure it is....but, I've waited to long to see it?:huh:

You can never wait too long to see something like No Country for Old Men.

Why let the hoopla impact how you see the film? Just go see it and judge it on its own merits.

I did not think Knocked Up was quite as funny as others made it out to be, but, I still thought it was funny an enjoyed it a lot.

yeah, I wanna see it before the weekend.

My favorite movie in the past year...would go to Pan's Labyrinth.
Superb.

I hope you do get to see it, it's either my favorite or 2nd favorite movie of the year.

I have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth, but, will rectify that sooner than later.

Not much compared to you LMP. I normally take full use of my Surround sound system to all it's abilities, but not this year. Just too busy at work and tired at night when I get home.
I've been on a binge of watching "old" movies....Godfather II, old Clint Eastwood westerns, Aliens, Glengarry Glen Ross, Jason and the Argonauts, etc.

I'm done with CGI.
I truly think that this is killing the movies for me.

I miss the miniatures, the actual sets being constructed for the shot.....you know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, I believe that CGI is very useful in some cases, but I can always detect when it is being used and it distracts me from the story line.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:

I have yet to see Pan's Labyrinth, but, will rectify that sooner than later.

One thing about this movie, is that it will have subtitles for those who do not speak Spanish. This is a shame since some of the language does not translate the way it should. but it still does the trick.

RedrocksU2 said:
Not much compared to you LMP. I normally take full use of my Surround sound system to all it's abilities, but not this year. Just too busy at work and tired at night when I get home.
I've been on a binge of watching "old" movies....Godfather II, old Clint Eastwood westerns, Aliens, Glengarry Glen Ross, Jason and the Argonauts, etc.

I'm done with CGI.
I truly think that this is killing the movies for me.

I miss the minitures, the actual sets being constructed for the shot.....you know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, I believe that CGI is very useful in some cases, but I can always detect when it is being used and it distracts me from the story line.

That's cool. When CGI's used right, just to supplement a film and not stick out like a sore thumb (oddly enough, I Am Legend has both cases of this), then I'm all for it. I can't wait until it gets to a point where you can't tell the difference... and it's probably gonna be cool.

Glengarry Glen Ross... :drool:

I'll give you an example;

The last time I was at the edge of my seat, was with Jurassic Park.

That was incredible. I remember looking at the dinasours and saying hoe the hell did they do that?

We got spoiled after that.

I'm not anyone really loves 300. Well I mean, I'm sure they're out there, but I'd rather not acknowledge those people. *shakes fist* Damn internet memes.

I think the issue with CGI is how since it's gotten so advanced in recent years, it's being used more and more often to represent familiar real subjects, which would have simply appears notably unreal in the past if rendered in CG. By the time CGI is able to render familiar subjects in true photorealism, I think it will cease to be a distraction to viewers, and function in the same way that good make-up or puppetry does; as a substitute for the actual instead of a loose stand-in.

Do you guys think the nominees should go up soon? How long do we want the voting to last? I'd like to announce the winners maybe right after the Oscars.

I almost watched it last night, but talked to my lady friend instead.

I'll watch it tonight after doing my homework. It's less than 2 hours, so that's good.

I have The Magnificent Ambersons DVR'ing soon, too.

No Country For Old Man for Best Picture
Daniel Day-Lewis for Best Actor for There Will Be Blood
Ellen Page For Best Actress for Juno
Javier Bardem for Best Supporting Actor for No Country For Old men
Cate Blanchett for Supporting actress for I'm Not There.
Ethan Coen, Joel Coen for best director for No Country for Old Men

Last edited:
NSW, you repeatedly badgered YLB for not turning in a ballot, when you claimed you were unable to do one yourself. After capitulating to our pressure to at least list 3 in each category, you still failed to do so.

PHAIL.

lazarus said:
NSW, you repeatedly badgered YLB for not turning in a ballot, when you claimed you were unable to do one yourself. After capitulating to our pressure to at least list 3 in each category, you still failed to do so.

PHAIL.

Is the balloting done?

Back
Top Bottom