INTERFERENCE Movie Awards 2007!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
perso_dofine_daultay.jpg

Are you braindead? I'm not going in there with those talkbackers!

Send a droid.

BEST PICTURE:
-Zodiac
-Atonement
-The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
-Eastern Promises
-American Gangster
BEST DIRECTOR:
-David Fincher, Zodiac
-Joe Wright, Atonement
-Julian Schnabel, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
-Andrew Dominik, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
-David Cronenberg, Eastern Promises
BEST ACTOR:
-George Clooney, Michael Clayton
-Viggo Mortensen, Eastern Promises
-Ryan Gosling, Lars and the Real Girl
-James McAvoy, Atonement
-Christian Bale, Rescue Dawn
BEST ACTRESS:
-Cate Blanchett, Elizabeth: The Golden Age
-Jodie Foster, The Brave One
-Ellen Page, Juno
-Keira Knightley, Atonement
-Julie Christie, Away From Her
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:
-Casey Affleck - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
-Heath Ledger, I'm Not There
-Tom Wilkinson, Michael Clayton
-Russell Crowe, American Gangster
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
-Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone
-Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton
-Saoirse Ronan, Atonement
-Cate Blanchett, I'm Not There
-Emily Mortimer, Lars and the Real Girl
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:
-Lars and the Real Girl
-Juno
-Michael Clayton
-Hot Fuzz
-Eastern Promises
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY:
-Atonement
-Zodiac
-Into the Wild
-No Country for Old Men
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
-Zodiac
-No Country for Old Men
-Atonement
-The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
BEST EDITING:
-The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
-Atonement
-The Bourne Ultimatum
-Michael Clayton
-No Country for Old Men
BEST ART DIRECTION:
-There Will Be Blood
-Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
-Elizabeth: The Golden Age
-Atonement
-Sweeney Todd
BEST COSTUMES:
-Atonement
-American Gangster
-Sweeney Todd
-
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE:
-Atonement
-Ratatouille
-Into the Wild
-Sunshine
-There Will Be Blood
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS:
-Zodiac
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
-Transformers
-The Golden Compass

It's within my Top 3 of the year, I just don't know where yet.

Loved the score and how it fit in the film, and loved hearing some of Bodysong in there.

While it's not Bill the Butcher, D-Day delivers, and I was surprised at how well Paul Dano performed, too - every scene between them was awesome. The 1927 section reeked of Kubrick, that was also excellent.

It took its time to develop, which I respect, but I do admit I looked my cell phone a few times, waiting for something to happen.

But yes, I did enjoy it, and think this is probably P.T.'s best and most accomplished film. Going out the first 15 minutes without dialogue was ballsy, and a real statement - he can fucking direct.

I'm finished.

I'm glad you agree Bill the Butcher was a superior performance. Not by much, but enough.

Well done.

You should edit your ballot, though I know you had it on there for some stuff.

Also, thanks powerhour for sending one in!

I haven't seen enough from this year to fill out a ballot, but I will say two things:

1.It will be a crime if Javier Bardem doesn't win Best Supporting Actor.

2.It is an absolute embarrasment that not one of you have Marion Cotillard in the Best Actress category for La Vie En Rose. If you haven't seen the film, I'll give you a pass, but if you've seen the film and don't have her listed, your credibility is shot. Incredible performance, easily the best of the year.

Bill the Butcher was also the better character. I think both performances were sublime, but I bet some other actors might have been able to make the Butcher enjoyable....not at DDL level, but still enjoyable.....while I wonder how many actors could have made Plainview so fully realized.

As usual, I do not know what I'm talking about, but I typically do not let that stop me. :)

I love both performances, though.

namkcuR said:
2.It is an absolute embarrasment that not one of you have Marion Cotillard in the Best Actress category for La Vie En Rose. If you haven't seen the film, I'll give you a pass, but if you've seen the film and don't have her listed, your credibility is shot. Incredible performance, easily the best of the year.

I didn't get a chance to see this, but I'm actually pulling for Cotillard. From the clips that I've seen, it doesn't even seem like it should be a contest.

No spoken words said:
Bill the Butcher was also the better character. I think both performances were sublime, but I bet some other actors might have been able to make the Butcher enjoyable....not at DDL level, but still enjoyable.....while I wonder how many actors could have made Plainview so fully realized.

I think De Niro was supposed to play him at some point. This may have been when the project was originally conceived back in the late 70's, and I'm sure he would have been brilliant. But I just can't imagine anyone topping DDL. I think it's one of the 3 best performances I've ever seen put to film.

I'd rank it Top 5 for me for sure...where would you rank his portrayal of Plainview?

De Niro would have been great, sure, but, yeah, cannot see him topping DDL. Then again, could you envision DDL topping De Niro in Taxi Driver or Raging Bull?

I think that when I'm older I'll say De Niro and DDL were the two best actors I'd seen whose work was done while I was an active movie goer.

I don't know if I'd say Plainview is in the Top 10 of all time. It's tough. I think the work that Brando does eclipses everything before or after by a huge margin, so I'd have several of his performances up there.

If we're talking male and female together it would probably look something like this:

1. Marlon Brando, Last Tango in Paris
2. Marlon Brando, A Streetcar Named Desire
3. Robert De Niro, Raging Bull
4. Daniel Day-Lewis, Gangs of New York
5. Marlon Brando, The Godfather
6. Juliette Binoche, Three Colors: Blue
7. Marlon Brando, On the Waterfont
8. Elizabeth Taylor, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
9. Katharine Hepburn, Long Day's Journey Into Night
10. Vivien Leigh, A Streetcar Named Desire

Now that seems like Brando overkill, but those four performances are all seminal, and unthinkable in the hands of someone else. What's also notable is that all of those characters are completely unique individals that bear very little in common with each other.

Plainview would probably fall somewhere in the 15-20 range, I imagine. But it's arguable that his performance in My Left Foot was more impressive.

Back
Top Bottom