Interference Fantasy Hockey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I hope y'all won't think this too presumptuous...hope I'm not stepping on any toes!

I've commissioned a few Fantasy Hockey Leagues in my day, and I thought maybe an Interference league would be fun. I started one up at Yahoo! if anyone wants to join:

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com

It's free to join; all you need is a Yahoo! ID.

The league ID is 17068, and the password is (what else?) "elvis." The league is called "2 Minutes for Interference." It caps out at 20 teams, but we could always start another one.

If anyone's interested, please do sign up. ANd if someone else already did this...sorry! :)

One more fantasy team to the list...

Ooohh! I'll have to sign up right away, if it's alright!...When does the season start, anyways?

i joined another league last week. and seeing as its my first time doing one of these things, I doubt I can do 2 at once.

sorry bud.

paxetaurora said:
Come on, I know there are more hockey fans here. ;)

I'm one of them!

I did my draft list for Yahoo hockey already, so I'll see if I can put The Caribou into the Interference league.

I hope I can. :laugh:

Elisabeth

P.S. Go Avalanche! (I'm very happy, they resigned my boy Skoula!)

AvsGirl41 said:
Go Avalanche! (I'm very happy, they resigned my boy Skoula!)

I notice that Tanguay hasn't resigned, though...

I'm praying he's gonna get traded to the Rangers for Malakov and a pick.

no disk said:

I notice that Tanguay hasn't resigned, though...

I'm praying he's gonna get traded to the Rangers for Malakov and a pick.

I know. :( I'm praying they resign him! I don't think they should give up on him just yet. He had a bad season, but alot of our forwards did and they are just kind of heaping the blame on him.

That's one thing I don't like about the Avalanche, they have very little patience with young guys.

I take it your a Rangers fan? :)

paxetaurora said:
I hope y'all won't think this too presumptuous...hope I'm not stepping on any toes!

I've commissioned a few Fantasy Hockey Leagues in my day, and I thought maybe an Interference league would be fun. I started one up at Yahoo! if anyone wants to join:

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com

It's free to join; all you need is a Yahoo! ID.

The league ID is 17068, and the password is (what else?) "elvis." The league is called "2 Minutes for Interference." It caps out at 20 teams, but we could always start another one.

If anyone's interested, please do sign up. ANd if someone else already did this...sorry! :)

Ok, I'm stumped...Yahoo says I can join a combination of four leagues and I'm assuming that's with one team...but I can't figure out how to access the private league.

On the other hand, it says if I want to leave the public league I'm in, I have to delete the team.

Can someone help? :confused: Send me a direct invite and see if that works?

yes, I'm a huge of the most hated organization in the league - the New York Rangers.

AvsGirl41 said:

That's one thing I don't like about the Avalanche, they have very little patience with young guys.

Compared to the Rangers patience with youth, the AVS are the poster boys for the proper way to develop talented kids.

no disk said:
yes, I'm a huge of the most hated organization in the league - the New York Rangers.

LOL! Well, personally I don't hate the Rangers. The team I hate the most is the Dallas Stars. May they never win another Cup.

Compared to the Rangers patience with youth, the AVS are the poster boys for the proper way to develop talented kids.

LOL! Well, we'll see what they do with Skoula (and Tanguay) before I'll comment.

Elisabeth

paxetaurora said:
You should only need the league ID and password to join...try it again. We still need a lot more teams to make it fun. :)

Well, Yahoo won't let me join with my existing team. :( Some long and elaborate reason that really makes no sense. So if I get a chance between now and the draft, I'll assemble another team! :laugh:

Elisabeth

I believe the draft is multi-list...which means you have to rank each player by position, and then the computer drafts for you by your prioritized selections. It's really good for when you have a lot of people playing, and everyone can't get together at once (like here!)...I did the same thing w/ my fantasy football draft, and it worked out well...just be sure to rank everyone ASAP...the draft starts as soon as there are enough people in the league.

I'll join when I get home. Can't do it from work -- I get firewalled because of the word "fantasy" Hehehehehe ... go figure!

Please tell any other Interland hockey fans you know about the league; I'm going to set the draft to "ready" by Thursday, seeing as the season is almost ready to start. I want people to have time to make adjustments before the regular season starts, so I don't want to wait too much longer to draft. We only have 6 teams right now, and I know we can do better than that. :)

I'm on board! - Numb Lemons - but I may change the name.

And remember, the NHL only started with six teams - or something like that.

Yeah, eh, I like Ontario. I coming up for a sens game Kobe.

We were talking today about the Dakotas (south and North) and we all agreed to make them a part of Sasketchewan
- or however you spell it.

saskatchewan should just be the name of...the world

zonelistener said:
Yeah, eh, I like Ontario. I coming up for a sens game Kobe.

first wild-sens game of the year:yes:

Back
Top Bottom