Interference Fantasy Football - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2004, 10:32 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 08:58 PM
It's settled then.

Congratulations on second place, everyone.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:36 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:58 PM
Now watch we'll get an odd number of teams

Old 07-29-2004, 12:07 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'm in as the Denogginizers. (random Seinfeld reference)
I love fantasy football!
Old 07-29-2004, 12:10 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:58 PM
Bring it, PW.

Thanks, headache, for changing it over to head-to-head. I'm stoked for the season now!
Old 07-29-2004, 04:25 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

HG is already on my badside...and I haven't even signed up yet.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:35 PM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
Bring it, PW.
In spades.

Oh yes, in spades dear zsa zsa.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:29 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm in too ... I was born and bred on a diet of cheese and football. I'll either do really well or will be a spectacular failure.

Old 07-30-2004, 07:52 AM   #38
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:58 PM
Seriously, what the hell do I do now? Do I have to actually do something?

I want to play but dont know how! It's like when people stand in the street and point and look up at something and soon there's a crowd...and the crowd doesn't know what it's meant to be looking at. Yup, I'm the crowd.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:33 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:58 PM
The next thing that's going to happen in our league is the draft. This is the way we get players for our teams. What you want to do is try to draft the best players possible for your team at all positions--you want to try to get a good quarterback, good receivers, good running backs, a good defense, a nice kicker, etc.

Right now, Yahoo has all of the players ranked according to how good they might be this upcoming year. If you like, and it is probably recommended, you can go in and rank some of the players according to how good YOU think they'll be this year. If there's a player you'd like on your team, rank him high.

When the draft starts (and it will all be done automatically without any of us having to be there--headache will prob. tell us when he's going to have the draft), the computer will put us all in order and will pick the best available players for us when it's our turn to pick. It picks according to how you have the players ranked and tries to get the people you want if they're available when your pick happens. If you only have a few or no players ranked, it will pick according to how Yahoo ranked the players.

Most people rank a couple players for each position. Some people put a lot of research into this, some just pick players with names they like or guys who play for their favorite teams. If you look at your team, you'll see what types of players you'll need--a quarterback, 3 receivers, 2 running backs, etc., plus some back-ups on the bench.

This all sounds more complicated than it is, and I hope I'm not being overly simplistic since I don't know how much you know about football. But anyway, getting our players is the next step, and the draft is how that happens.

Right now you can either go rank which players you'd like to have on your team, or do nothing. Either way, when the draft happens, players will be picked to play on your team. Once you've got players, you're ready to go!

I hope this is helpful! I had to learn all this by experience, and even knowing a lot about football, it took me a while to understand how fantasy football works. I hope you'll hang in there and play with us--no need to be an expert! And if you need help understanding, we'll all help I'm sure.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:44 AM   #40
Jesus Online

Thanks HG! I really know nothing. Absolutely nothing about American football. So any ifo you guys wish to share, is welcome
I'm glad yahoo can give me my team as I wouldn't know a good player if he came and knocked on my door, so I might wait and see what it gives me
Old 07-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

im in.

the only possible suggestion i have is to, if possible, not have playoffs in week 17? many teams will have sealed their fate already and tend to rest their star players in that week, and in the week of the championship it could make a gigantic difference. either way im cool, but just a thought
Old 07-30-2004, 09:24 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Thanks HG! I really know nothing. Absolutely nothing about American football. So any ifo you guys wish to share, is welcome
I'm glad yahoo can give me my team as I wouldn't know a good player if he came and knocked on my door, so I might wait and see what it gives me
Do you want to do a co-team thing? I mean, I couldn't do any worse than I did last year...or could I?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:38 AM   #43
Jesus Online

Sounds grand zonee. I will need to add you as a co-manager? I shall play with it tonight when I have time and we can plan the Hooter's domination....

Old 08-01-2004, 07:56 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Hooter's?

Yes, I will need sign-in info and stuff...I can rank players, etc. and we can go out there and win a few games together.

Contact me via my Yahoo addy!

We can have monday morning (my morning) roundtables, and Friday evening line-up chats. Co-coaches.

Who says it can't work???
Old 08-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
im in.

the only possible suggestion i have is to, if possible, not have playoffs in week 17? many teams will have sealed their fate already and tend to rest their star players in that week, and in the week of the championship it could make a gigantic difference. either way im cool, but just a thought
Good point, id prefer this as well....