Interference CD Exchange Part 2: Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stiff little fingers!

mainc street preacher mix :yes: that is something i would be interested in (and i've heard three of their songs, so i'm definetly a manics newbie)

Oh! I love this! Reading this, I got some ideas for what I want so here goes:

-- Tori Amos [but only rare and b-sides, I have the albums]
-- Talking Heads
-- Velvet Underground
-- Ryan Adams [maybe some of the more rockin' stuff like New York. can you do that Bonochick? :)]

Whats I got:
-- The Hives
-- Starsailor
-- '80s New Wave/alternative [smiths, depeche mode, waterboys, cure]
-- modern alternative rock [interpol, idlewild, white stripes, hives, von bondies, brmc]

sharky said:

-- Ryan Adams [maybe some of the more rockin' stuff like New York. can you do that Bonochick? :)]

Is Ryan sexy??? Of course! :D

*random voice* I don't find Ryan sexy.

I didn't ask you!! :mad:

thx for doing this!

I can make:
  • Brit Pop mix (I've both mainstream and 'underground' stuff)
  • U2 anything (gajillion concerts, remixes, rarer live stuff, sexy mixes, rockin mixes, the works)
  • Bruce (I've a few concerts, some rare fun stuff, and mixes)
  • rockin' female mix (mostly popular names tho like Sheryl & Garbage)

I'd like:
  • Traditional Irish Music
  • a sexy mix :sexywink:
  • a mix of new bands, stuff I wouldn't have like the white stripes, idlewild, etc.

I only make and only want CDs. But I will trade overseas.

Last edited:
I can make CD?s or tapes ? Prefer to receive CD?s. Will ship overseas.

I am open to receiving any mixes of new music. For instance I have no White Stripes [don?t throw anything at me!] I am intrigued by the Scottish music scene ? particularly Idelwilde

I can make ancient 80?s music mixes including Erasure, Depeche Mode, Echo & the Bunneymen, Big Country, Madness, Howard Jones, Simple Minds, Squeeze, INXS [all their albums back to debut], Split Enz, Blow Monkeys, Paul Young [early early stuff].

I can make:

- Beck best of (what a shocker). I can do a straightforward albums-only best of, a live best of, or a b-sides best of. (*coughStoriesForBoyscough* :tongue: )
- Same for U2, although there isn't many people here (I expect) who aren't pretty familiar with most of their material. I can do a b-sides best of or a Elevation tour best of, though.
- Flaming Lips best of (no live stuff), Radiohead best of (no live stuff -- aside from the live EP -- or b-sides)
- A random mix of stuff from my playlist (anyone want a surprise mix? ;) )

I want:

- There's a lot of legendary acts I'm not familiar with at all. Among them: the Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Elvis Costello, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, etc.
- There is also a lot of acts I've heard hardly anything from (or nothing at all), and would like to hear more. Among them: Smashing Pumpkins, Tori Amos, Joy Division, New Order, Fiona Apple, Kraftwerk, The Smiths, Wilco, Jesus and Mary Chain, Daft Punk, Velvet Underground, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Silverchair, Massive Attack, Sting, Basement Jaxx, PJ Harvey, Cibo Matto
- Good techno mix (no instrumentals)

elevatedmole said:
I can make:

- Beck best of (what a shocker). I can do a straightforward albums-only best of, a live best of, or a b-sides best of. (*coughStoriesForBoyscough* :tongue: )
- Same for U2, although there isn't many people here (I expect) who aren't pretty familiar with most of their material. I can do a b-sides best of or a Elevation tour best of, though.
- Flaming Lips best of (no live stuff), Radiohead best of (no live stuff -- aside from the live EP -- or b-sides)
- A random mix of stuff from my playlist (anyone want a surprise mix? ;) )

I want:

- There's a lot of legendary acts I'm not familiar with at all. Among them: the Clash, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Elvis Costello, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, etc.
- There is also a lot of acts I've heard hardly anything from (or nothing at all), and would like to hear more. Among them: Smashing Pumpkins, Tori Amos, Joy Division, New Order, Fiona Apple, Kraftwerk, The Smiths, Wilco, Jesus and Mary Chain, Daft Punk, Velvet Underground, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Silverchair, Massive Attack, Sting, Basement Jaxx, PJ Harvey, Cibo Matto
- Good techno mix (no instrumentals)

Holy sheeot! I could SO make you the most amazing mix of EVERY SINGLE artist you listed above.

A reminder:

When you e-mail me your mailing info. and so forth, please include your Interference screen name. Thanks! :)

Hello,

I'm still in a bold mood today, so I say I can also make a good Bruce Springsteen live compilation. Problem is, he has so many great live songs and many of those are on officially released albums. And with the Winterland 1978 you also have the perfect collection of what Bruce wrote until 1978. But I think I can find some other great tracks from other era's too. It's difficult, but I think I can do it. :)

C ya!

Marty (who's on fire as the Bruce song is playing)

Yes, if you have any additions to your want list or your able-to-make list, you still have a week to add them to this thread. :)

did you get my e-mail??
just making sure cos It didn't seem like it worked when I sent it

It doesn't look like I got it. Could you send it again?

Right now we actually don't have too many people signed up, so please don't be shy. If you don't feel like you're an "expert" in any area of music, you can say that too--some people have offered to make "random" mixes again as in the last exchange, so you can do that too. Please spread the word about this to Interlanders who aren't Bang and Clatter regulars.

Thanks. :)

paxetaurora said:
It doesn't look like I got it. Could you send it again?

Right now we actually don't have too many people signed up, so please don't be shy. If you don't feel like you're an "expert" in any area of music, you can say that too--some people have offered to make "random" mixes again as in the last exchange, so you can do that too. Please spread the word about this to Interlanders who aren't Bang and Clatter regulars.

Thanks. :)

I'll be more than happy to make a random mix as well. I love doing those. I got random music up the ying yang!

okay...i can make more specific 80s cds if someone wants. like, i can do early 80s and late 80s, and i'd say a specific genre but given what i've got, it still tends to fit into year categories so i'd say if someone wanted me to do that, let me know if there's anything you do or don't want.

something tells me i won't be getting anyone interested in my cds. :(

KhanadaRhodes said:
okay...i can make more specific 80s cds if someone wants. like, i can do early 80s and late 80s, and i'd say a specific genre but given what i've got, it still tends to fit into year categories so i'd say if someone wanted me to do that, let me know if there's anything you do or don't want.

something tells me i won't be getting anyone interested in my cds. :(

Ooo Oooo Ooo! I want one! Me me!

When will the actual exchange be? I need to get my computer reformatted and I'm really scared that it will be during this time?

2 days left to sign up...

It depends on how quickly I can finish the matches. I'll probably let people sign up through the end of the weekend, since I certainly won't have time to start matching on Sunday (my college graduates on Sunday, and I'm going to the ceremonies to see about a million friends get their degrees). I'm aiming to have things finished early next week--say, Tuesday or Wednesday--and send out notifications by the end of next week. So the absolute earliest people could start making CDs is *next* weekend.

::phew::

paxetaurora said:
It depends on how quickly I can finish the matches. I'll probably let people sign up through the end of the weekend, since I certainly won't have time to start matching on Sunday (my college graduates on Sunday, and I'm going to the ceremonies to see about a million friends get their degrees). I'm aiming to have things finished early next week--say, Tuesday or Wednesday--and send out notifications by the end of next week. So the absolute earliest people could start making CDs is *next* weekend.

::phew::

Thanks for putting this together! U'r da best! :heart:

I still need to revise/expand what I can offer. Will do it this weekend.

Okay, cool. :)

I'm extending the sign-up for the exchange through Sunday night, as I'll be pretty busy this weekend. But *PLEASE* sign up by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) on Sunday!!!

:)

OK, I'll condense mine.

Want:
Punk stuff (preferably seventies)
indie (preferably British, American will do)
Dutch rock
trip-hop (mainstream or alternative)
contemporary singer/songwriters
a random mix from anyone would be nice

Make:
Saint Etienne compilation
Manic Street Preachers compilation
late night mix (slow stuff)
French pop (French language music)
The Random Yertle Mix
British guitar pop (early 80s through today)

I've decided I've too little material to work out a Japanese pop/rock mix.

Okay, kids, joining time is now over!

Matches will be made in the coming days. Be sure to check your e-mail (the address you used to e-mail me, please!) around the end of the week to find out what you're making and who you're making it for.

Thanks for helping to make the second ICDE a success! :yes:

Hi, kids! :wave:

Well, the matching process is almost complete. Watch your e-mail tonight and over the next few days for your "assignments." Except in one or two individual cases, you are slated to receive as many CDs as you have been asked to make. Although you will know who you are making the CD for and what they want, you *won't* know what *you* will be receiving until it comes in the mail--that's part of the fun! :)

If there is a problem with your match (e.g. you have been asked to ship overseas and you didn't want to, things like that), please do not hesitate to e-mail me and I will correct it.

Thanks again for helping to make ICDE 2.0 a success! :dance:

Hello,

Tonight I've completed the tracklisting for my Words And Music From Da Lowlands mix CD. :hyper: Before those thinking I'm sending it to them (as I don't have any mail yet from pax) get too excited, I still have to proof-listen to it. But at least one compilation is (almost) complete. I wonder what kind of compilations I have to make next...

C ya!

Marty (who hopes he has to do this Dutch music compilation, otherwise all the efforts were for nothing :|)

The matches are finished now. I will try to send out some e-mails tonight. I am going out of town for a day or two, so if you don't hear from me this weekend, don't worry. :)

Back
Top Bottom