Interested In More Music Indexes? Not Interested?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are You Interested In More Music Indexes? If So, Please Specify Which Ones

• Yes, I'm Interested & I Use The B&C Band Index

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Yes, I'm Interested & I Don't Use The B&C Band Index

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No, I'm Not Interested & I Use The B&C Band Index

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • No, I'm Not Interested & I Don't Use The B&C Band Index

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Band Sites Index

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Music Sites Index

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Music Magazines Index

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Song/Title Theme Indexes

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Independent Music Store Index

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • I Have Another Index Idea (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Interested In More Music Indexes? Not Interested? Please Read & Reply!

I loved putting together the B&C Band Index and enjoy keeping it updated (although I'm thinking some of the bands with a lot of threads may have some thread listings chopped off and/or archived soon!). I love compiling and organizing data, and I love music, so...I thought I'd see if there would be an interest in more indexes.

Below is a list of some ideas I have:

~~~

Band Sites Index

An alphabetical listing of musicians with links to web sites pertaining to them. Similar to the Band Index, but contains links with descriptions to external sites, as opposed to numbered links to B&C threads.

~~~

Music Sites Index

An alphabetical listing of various music sites, including blogs.

~~~

Music Magazines Index

An alphabetical listing of various music magazines and a link to their web site. Could possibly include notes about each magazine.

~~~

Song/Title Theme Indexes

Listing of different songs grouped together by themes, alphabetical by artist. Themes could have to do with titles (ones that include names, days of the week, months of the year, etc) or by the overall song (death, revenge, etc). A different thread would be in place for each theme.

~~~

Independent Music Store Index

A listing of music stores, organized alphabetically by country > region/state > city > store name. It would include a description (new and used, vinyl, etc) and address (preferably also a phone number and web site, if one exists). This section would rely heavily on user submissions.

~~~

Should people show an interest in more than one of these lists, we wouldn’t want to have a ton of threads stickied at the top. What could be done is to have one main index thread stickied, which would include links to these threads. Then they can be easily accessed but are only bumped when there are new replies.

I encourage you to not only vote in the poll but to reply as well with any additional comments or suggestions. If you really don't want to see these indexes happen, please tell me. While I do enjoy doing this stuff, I don't want to do it here if people are opposed. If it's going to be done, I want it to actually be beneficial for people, so please give me honest feedback.

ALSO...

For anybody who isn't aware, I believe that all browsers have a Find function that is very helpful with finding text on a page, which makes it easier to sift through information. For example, on Internet Explorer, the Find function is in the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl+F). That way, all you have to do is type in, for example, Radiohead, and you go right to that section.

Last edited:
:drool: i am all in favor of obsessive-compulsive organization.

and if people actually use them...:combust:

Oh! I love the band index and use it a lot.

I also would love to see most of the other indexes too. I really like checking out band sites if my interest is peaked at all. I voted for all but the song title one...although I imagine I would use that one sometimes too if there was one.

Cool idea! :yes:

Yes some great ideas there Bonochick. I regularly use the B&C index.

Speaking of music mags the Mojo forum is quite good and I sometimes browse it:www.mojo4music.com click on the 'enlightenment' option for the forum.

Last edited:
I've started working on a Band Sites Index, as I think that's going to be the most time-consuming...especially when I accidentally delete 3 hours of work. :crack: I'll keep plugging away though...and be more careful when copying and pasting. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom