Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh: It's very Wall/Final Cut-ish?

Actually, it sounds like a combination of the two. :lol: 4:50 AM (Go Fishing) even has musical references to The Fletcher Memorial Home and In The Flesh. But hey, the album's about sex and all, so there's always that.

His first two are experimental/avant-garde. His third was electronic, and then by his fourth he finally came back to rock. It's sort of pop rock, almost, very acoustic guitar based alternative rock.

Usually I'm all for avant-garde, but he really sounds like he's possessed or something on his first album. I'll get Shadows Collide with People. :up:

I'm tired and have to wake up in five hours. Night, all.

Good night!

I think I should go to bed, too. The sun's coming up. :uhoh: I'm not tired, though...that's what I get for indulging in my caffeine habit at 1 AM.

Usually I'm all for avant-garde, but he really sounds like he's possessed or something on his first album. I'll get Shadows Collide with People. :up:

Yeah, I've not heard them, but what I've heard is that it's the sound of him in really bad shape. I've seen an interview he gave from that era, and he looks like fucking death.

Sounds good. Let me know what you think when you get the chance to listen.

Also, if you have any recommendations, I'm all ears. I'm sort of collecting ideas from people and making a list of music to listen to.

Have a good one, PFan. :wave:

I'm running on about 5 hours of sleep myself and it's not all too fun.

Actually, it sounds like a combination of the two. :lol: 4:50 AM (Go Fishing) even has musical references to The Fletcher Memorial Home and In The Flesh. But hey, the album's about sex and all, so there's always that.

Haha. I'm kind of tempted to give it a play just to see how it works out.

Ok so I guess I'm not listening to QUad. yet. My little brother is very freaked out by not only the Heath Joker from commercials and riding the Dark Knight roller coaster at Six Flags, but also because he watched the 80s batman tonigth and apprarently just seeing the joker make up on Nicholson was enough to make him panicked. I tried to explain to him that mom thinks Jackie's cute, and I think Heath is cute, and there's nothing scary about either of them, but apparently Makeup speaks louder than words.

As soon as he's asleep, I'll listen to Quad, and tackle drink #3
My sister took my 6 year old (nearly 7) nephew to see The Dark Knight (I warned her that it might be too scary for him, but she said he really wanted to see Batman) I haven't heard yet whether it terrified him. He's a bit of a little monster himself, so he probably loved it :lol:

My sister took my 6 year old (nearly 7) nephew to see The Dark Knight (I warned her that it might be too scary for him, but she said he really wanted to see Batman) I haven't heard yet whether it terrified him. He's a bit of a little monster himself, so he probably loved it :lol:

I'm sure Ben would've loved it,but since he didn't see it, the idea has him all freaked, if that makes sense

Haha. I'm kind of tempted to give it a play just to see how it works out.

Well, this guy has it up in full: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Oh, I forgot to mention: there are also female backup singers. It's like he went out of his way to make an album that you would completely abhor. :lol: Arabs With Knives And West German Skies is fucking great though.

Guten abend, mein damen und herren, hahahaha!
Wilkommen in Konigsburg, hahahaha!
Wollen sie danzen mit mir oder trinken bier? Hahahaha!

:laugh:

*sings with Madonna*

She started dressing like me
And talking like me
It freaked me out
She started calling you up
In the middle of the night
What's that about?

I just want to be there
When you discover
You wake up in the morning
Next to your new lover
She might cook you breakfast
And love you in the shower
The flavour of the moment
'cause she don't have what's ours

This song is kinda stupid, but I like the beat :D

shit, did the forums go down for a moment?

I thought we were entering the Twilight Zone again. Remember when we got transported to that weird alternate reality Interference? With the forums about shoes and handbags?

I thought we were entering the Twilight Zone again. Remember when we got transported to that weird alternate reality Interference? With the forums about shoes and handbags?

That was absolutely hysterical.

Me too. It would have been hilarious if it had remained in that state for at least a day.
i know! :love: i would've loved to have seen everyone freak out like that.

which makes me wonder then...obviously such a forum exists somewhere. i assume it's another site andy owns? and they just accidentally switched the databases? so i wonder if their forum saw all this stuff, and someone was like "fuck U2, i want to talk about handbags! :sad:"

Well, this guy has it up in full: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Oh, I forgot to mention: there are also female backup singers. It's like he went out of his way to make an album that you would completely abhor. :lol: Arabs With Knives And West German Skies is fucking great though.

Guten abend, mein damen und herren, hahahaha!
Wilkommen in Konigsburg, hahahaha!
Wollen sie danzen mit mir oder trinken bier? Hahahaha!

:laugh:

Oh god, the obligatory gratuitous backing vocalists who do nothing to enhance the album.

This should be a laugh as a running diary when I get around to playing it! Cheers for the link.

i know! :love: i would've loved to have seen everyone freak out like that.

which makes me wonder then...obviously such a forum exists somewhere. i assume it's another site andy owns? and they just accidentally switched the databases? so i wonder if their forum saw all this stuff, and someone was like "fuck U2, i want to talk about handbags! :sad:"

I want to find that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom