Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who's going to bring me lunch? :waiting:
You might as well wait for dinner by now.

Also, you free on August 15? The Aust U2 Show's playing in Cliffton Hill that night, those people we were hanging out with after U23D the last time said they left a message for you on the u2gigs site...?

well, I was right. in Context SOYCD is MCUH CMUHC better. That was a beautfiu album.

Now i'm going to watch the video GG posted.

That he did.

According to Roger Waters, Barrett came into what was to be their last practice session with a new song he had dubbed "Have You Got It, Yet?". The song seemed simple enough when he first presented it to his bandmates, but it soon became impossibly difficult to learn: while they were practising it, Barrett kept changing the arrangement. He would then play it again, with the arbitrary changes, and sing "Have you got it yet?". Eventually they realised they never would and that they were simply bearing the brunt of Barrett's idiosyncratic sense of humour.

His main contribution to the album, "Jugband Blues," is often seen by Pink Floyd fans as Barrett's admission that his days in the band were probably numbered ("It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear/that I'm not here", the song opens).

^ Hero.

According to Roger Waters, Barrett came into what was to be their last practice session with a new song he had dubbed "Have You Got It, Yet?". The song seemed simple enough when he first presented it to his bandmates, but it soon became impossibly difficult to learn: while they were practising it, Barrett kept changing the arrangement. He would then play it again, with the arbitrary changes, and sing "Have you got it yet?". Eventually they realised they never would and that they were simply bearing the brunt of Barrett's idiosyncratic sense of humour.

His main contribution to the album, "Jugband Blues," is often seen by Pink Floyd fans as Barrett's admission that his days in the band were probably numbered ("It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear/that I'm not here", the song opens).

^ Hero.

...just for one day.

Interesting story, thanks.

You're not here enough, by the way. You're about the only person on the board who appreciates John Frusciante like I do.

It took FOREVER to find this, but the BBC's recent documentary explains it better than I could.

YouTube - The Pink Floyd story - Which one's pink..pt2

Wow, that was pretty good. And I was amused by David Gilmour's comment about being "thrusting people in your young twenties". :laugh:

Man what a sad story that is. When they just sorta realized he'd lost it all to acid :sad: now wywh is even better :lol:

K I think I'm done with PF for tonight, on to Quadrophenia

It's a shame that most of the work Syd did after Piper was so patchy. Outside of Effervescing Elephant, Dominoes and Golden Hair, there isn't really all that much of his material that interests me. It's a bit of a disturbing glimpse into what Pink Floyd would have become if the other three didn't decide to push on without him.

Wow, that was pretty good. And I was amused by David Gilmour's comment about being "thrusting people in your young twenties". :laugh:

You should watch the whole thing when you get the time - it's the best Floyd documentary to date.

Ha, good ol' Dave would hold up well in the Superthreads. :lol:

Pfan, I've got to tell you...

I tried listening to a John Frusciante album once, and I was very confused at the end of it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom