Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, Welcome To The Machine is such a boring track, and the glaring weak spot of WYWH.

That's funny because I was about to just say:

OmG I KNOW Welcome To The Machine. Actually, I LIKE Welcome To The Machine.

My fridge is beside the window in winter, in a drawer in the summer.

As for an oven, I get off my arse and go downstairs.
my room is too small for any such appliances, but even if i had room, i'd still just use the fridge and oven in the kitchen. i mean, the day i can't walk to the kitchen to get a drink because i'm too lazy is the day i'll kill myself.

Ax still hasn't listened to my DI list. :tsk:

Can't tonight, I've gotta sleep relatively soon thanks to Religion Hour tomorrow morning. Fucking Catholicism.

I've never really been head over heels over simply guitar solo songs though. but this is one of the better ones.

ETA: I say this, then vocals come in.

Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...

:sad:

FYI, this whole album is about Syd Barrett. (Shine on You crazy Diamond.) It's also about how the the music industry royally fucks over the individuals who make them all the money.

Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...

:sad:

FYI, this whole album is about Syd Barrett. (Shine on You crazy Diamond.) It's also about how the the music industry royally fucks over the individuals who make them all the money.

But didn't you say Syd only died two years ago?

My dorm room has a microfridge aka a fridge freezer and microwave al connected together. It's pretty sweet. Plus it's small and sits in a corner :D

Ugh, Welcome To The Machine is such a boring track, and the glaring weak spot of WYWH.

It's impressive when you consider how difficult it would have been to splice together all of those tape effects in 1975. :drool:

But didn't you say Syd only died two years ago?

He was a recluse for almost 40 years before he died. They saw him literally one time in all the years after he left the band, coincidentally as they were recording SOYCD.

my room is too small for any such appliances, but even if i had room, i'd still just use the fridge and oven in the kitchen. i mean, the day i can't walk to the kitchen to get a drink because i'm too lazy is the day i'll kill myself.

Well, the fridge was in my room because it was originally a pool room, hence a beer fridge. I just used it for things other than beer.

As for the oven, it had nowhere to go in the kitchen really, and because I preferred to avoid my stepbrothers and their friends when Mum and Alan weren't home, it meant I could cook dinner in peace.

It's impressive when you consider how difficult it would have been to splice together all of those tape effects in 1975. :drool:

That's true. The song just does nothing for me, though. The rest of the album is absolute brilliance, while that one track makes me reach for the skip button.

He was a recluse for almost 40 years before he died. They saw him literally one time in all the years after he left the band, coincidentally as they were recording SOYCD.

A+

You've learned well, my friend! :up:

Here's a photo of Syd taken at the WYWH sessions:

WYWH75.jpg

Shaved eyebrows and all. :sad: It's so fucking hard to look at.

Well, the fridge was in my room because it was originally a pool room, hence a beer fridge. I just used it for things other than beer.

As for the oven, it had nowhere to go in the kitchen really, and because I preferred to avoid my stepbrothers and their friends when Mum and Alan weren't home, it meant I could cook dinner in peace.
:hmm: does this mean you're a pool hall ace? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom