Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so digi animation films rant before I'm too far gone for coherence:

I LOVE cartoons. Especially Disney Cartoons. But I mean CARTOONS. flat 2-d creations if you will. The Beauty and the Beasts, the Robin Hoods, the Alladins. And now suddenly they're gone. Presumably never to reaturn again. And with them went the great scores. I don't understand why the score and the oringal song and the beauty had to leave along with the hand drawn stuff. And then there was Pixar. Pixar who would take TIME between its films, put work into their flims, develop a telling story, and not resort to adult humor. Pixar was the one safe haven for me amungst all of this digi ani garbage that Dreamworks, Disney, etc. were putting out. And then suddenly Pixar abandoned me and made a movie about taking Cars.

The thing about Pixar was that no matter what, they made their moveis believeable. Talking fish? Ok I see how this could happen. Ok talking toys, gotcha. A world where cars are sentient and have their own towns? Wait..hella did you say? No. That's not cool. And Rattatokanamikdingdong. no. I am NOT ok with a sea of RATS falling out of acieling . not at ALL. Pixar why did you abandonme!

Then there was Kung Fu Panda. Guys Frickin Hans ZIMMER did the score for Kung fu panda, and there was only ONE adult concious joke in the film. I almost cried I was so happy. But being tht it was a Dreamworks film, I have absolutely no faith that it is the beginning of a trend.

Then there was Enchanted. Let me set the scene for you. I'm at a movie with my friends when a preview begins. The disney logo comes on the scene, and I audibly sigh because I know I'm about to see a preview for a digiani film. Then suddenly I see hand drawn cartoons. I won't lie, my friend laughed at how hyped I got. then it all went to hell as I discovered that Disney was just toying withme . So Screw you Disney. I will keep my Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, my Aladdin Soundtrack, and I will ignore all that you do from now on.

And I will continue to wonder where Don Bluth went :sad:

/rant

Happy Mia?

I feel you, Ashley. :up:

I too bemoan the loss of the great songs (yes, I like a great many of those Disney songs, shut up), but I always figured the great songwriters have just died out or faded away and we're in a lull now before they come back. Or maybe because it's not "hip" anymore to write them.

Enchanted's songs were close, but I didn't dig them as much as I wished I had. But I loved the movie.

I feel you, Ashley. :up:

I too bemoan the loss of the great songs (yes, I like a great many of those Disney songs, shut up), but I always figured the great songwriters have just died out or faded away and we're in a lull now before they come back. Or maybe because it's not "hip" anymore to write them.

Enchanted's songs were close, but I didn't dig them as much as I wished I had. But I loved the movie.

I still haven't seen Enchanted. I'm too pissed off at that preview. It's a you had to have been there thing, but trust me, I went through like three different mood swings while I watched that preview

Ok so digi animation films rant before I'm too far gone for coherence:

I LOVE cartoons. Especially Disney Cartoons. But I mean CARTOONS. flat 2-d creations if you will. The Beauty and the Beasts, the Robin Hoods, the Alladins. And now suddenly they're gone. Presumably never to reaturn again. And with them went the great scores. I don't understand why the score and the oringal song and the beauty had to leave along with the hand drawn stuff. And then there was Pixar. Pixar who would take TIME between its films, put work into their flims, develop a telling story, and not resort to adult humor. Pixar was the one safe haven for me amungst all of this digi ani garbage that Dreamworks, Disney, etc. were putting out. And then suddenly Pixar abandoned me and made a movie about taking Cars.

The thing about Pixar was that no matter what, they made their moveis believeable. Talking fish? Ok I see how this could happen. Ok talking toys, gotcha. A world where cars are sentient and have their own towns? Wait..hella did you say? No. That's not cool. And Rattatokanamikdingdong. no. I am NOT ok with a sea of RATS falling out of acieling . not at ALL. Pixar why did you abandonme!

Then there was Kung Fu Panda. Guys Frickin Hans ZIMMER did the score for Kung fu panda, and there was only ONE adult concious joke in the film. I almost cried I was so happy. But being tht it was a Dreamworks film, I have absolutely no faith that it is the beginning of a trend.

Then there was Enchanted. Let me set the scene for you. I'm at a movie with my friends when a preview begins. The disney logo comes on the scene, and I audibly sigh because I know I'm about to see a preview for a digiani film. Then suddenly I see hand drawn cartoons. I won't lie, my friend laughed at how hyped I got. then it all went to hell as I discovered that Disney was just toying withme . So Screw you Disney. I will keep my Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, my Aladdin Soundtrack, and I will ignore all that you do from now on.

And I will continue to wonder where Don Bluth went :sad:

/rant

Happy Mia?
Money, Ashley. It's all down to money. Digital animation is cheaper and faster. And they changed the format of the movies (ie less singing and more adult in-jokes) to attract a larger audience which includes adults who aren't just watching it with their kids.

But the point of it was to be a real-life movie, not animation. The animation was just to set the stage, because she's a cartoon character dropped into the real world. I don't get why you were pissed off, I guess.

The movie was completely charming and funny. Of course it was cheesy, but I absolutely loved it and Amy Adams was just about the best thing ever in it.

Money, Ashley. It's all down to money. Digital animation is cheaper and faster. And they changed the format of the movies (ie less singing and more adult in-jokes) to attract a larger audience which includes adults who aren't just watching it with their kids.

Oh I know all this. I know it's all corporate greed. But PSH I say. I don't f'in care. I want my MTV.....er...Disney.

Yeah, here it is: Melbourne Open House

I hope they do it again next year for forgetful losers like me.
Thanks!

It says this is its inaugural year, so it looks like it'll be an annual thing.

In future years, Melbourne Open House will focus on a wider range of buildings in various locations across Melbourne and will include best practice examples of, medium density housing, environmentally sustainable design and architectural award winners.

But the point of it was to be a real-life movie, not animation. The animation was just to set the stage, because she's a cartoon character dropped into the real world. I don't get why you were pissed off, I guess.

The movie was completely charming and funny. Of course it was cheesy, but I absolutely loved it and Amy Adams was just about the best thing ever in it.

Oh no its nothing to do with the film itself. It's that the preview started with a 2-d cartoon and I thought it was going to BE a 2-d cartoon, and got hella excited :lol:. I want to see Enchaned, the opportunity just hasn't presented itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom