Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far so good. In addition to the wisdom teeth, I got the tip of my tongue cut, too. I was sick of being "tongue-tied" and figured as long as they were at it... what the hell? That's what hurts the most, actually.

Did you have speaking problems because of your tongue before this?

I think I need to give animals a listen. Maybe in context I'd actually like pigs

Animals is Orwelleriffic.

I love Animal Farm, even more than I love 1984 in fact, and I love Animals. :drool:

So, no opinions on whether I should have a ninth glass of wine? Come on, people.

No, but I did spit a lot when I did talk. It'll also make it easier to brush my teeth and prevent all of that nasty bacterial shit, you know?

Word.

I have no real speaking problems, luckily. We all inherited thick "S" sounds from my father's side of the family, and my one brother actually had to take speech lessons for it, but I've adjusted for mine pretty well. Although (and this shows how insane I am), I have a bit of a self-created stutter when I talk in conversation, because I don't like sounding overly eloquent. I'm off the deep end, I know.

I announced some All-Star baseball tournaments this past week and got rave reviews, which surprised me. In fact, I've gotten people asking for my e-mail so they can contact me for future events. Shit's going down, and I really wasn't expecting it. Some lady said her son knows the whole broadcasting team for the Phillies and wants him to hook me up. I don't know if she was bullshitting or not, but that would be pretty fucking cool.

Word.

I have no real speaking problems, luckily. We all inherited thick "S" sounds from my father's side of the family, and my one brother actually had to take speech lessons for it, but I've adjusted for mine pretty well. Although (and this shows how insane I am), I have a bit of a self-created stutter when I talk in conversation, because I don't like sounding overly eloquent. I'm off the deep end, I know.

I announced some All-Star baseball tournaments this past week and got rave reviews, which surprised me. In fact, I've gotten people asking for my e-mail so they can contact me for future events. Shit's going down, and I really wasn't expecting it. Some lady said her son knows the whole broadcasting team for the Phillies and wants him to hook me up. I don't know if she was bullshitting or not, but that would be pretty fucking cool.

HEY! That sounds great!

51999805_b811fe653d.jpg

I get a bit of a stutter when I'm nervous around people, and/or mumble - a winning combination.

When I'm nervous, the only tell tale sign is that I laugh too much.

I'm rarely nervous about much.

Guys, I've drank over a bottle of wine. I just walked in a perfect straight line. Goddamnit, how fucking hard can it be to get drunk?

It seems I get a bit more wasted on port than I do on red wine too. Understandable, though, since the port of a fortnight ago was about 18% alcohol while tonight's pinot noir is 12.5% and the pinot gris of my first two glasses was 13.5%.

I feel you on the nervous stutter lmp :sigh: but ah well, it's nit so bad

How many am I at? 10? I don't wanna hit 15,000 on my cell

I only drink alcohol in the company of others, so I've no opinion.

If the folks I knew here were interested in rugby, or even if it just weren't on delayed broadcast at midnight to 2am, I wouldn't have this problem of getting drunk by myself. Bah.

Wisdom teeth removal. :yikes: The week following my surgery was probably the worst week of my life. I couldn't stand the pain, and the painkillers made me vomit. I lost about seven pounds in total during the ordeal.

The few minutes just after the surgery, though...oh man. Noxious oxide FTW! I remember getting in the car (laughing hysterically, because I couldn't put on my seat belt) and then insisting that we play Dark Side of the Moon. I laughed the whole way through Great Gig In The Sky.

Sorry to hear about that, GG.

I took some pills beforehand, then got an IV. After that, I remember getting out of the chair, being in the car, and then being in bed and having my mom change out the gauze pads and stuff. I'm having a hard time chewing... hopefully I can have some ravioli tonight.

Guys, I've drank over a bottle of wine. I just walked in a perfect straight line. Goddamnit, how fucking hard can it be to get drunk?

It seems I get a bit more wasted on port than I do on red wine too. Understandable, though, since the port of a fortnight ago was about 18% alcohol while tonight's pinot noir is 12.5% and the pinot gris of my first two glasses was 13.5%.

How is that possible? :lol: I get completely smashed on as little as three glasses of wine. Mind you, I hardly ever drink.

KWV. :drool:

I've had two tooth surgeries: one to get my four baby canines out, and one to get a dead molar removed and replaced with a fake tooth. Both went fairly smoothly, though.

One weird side effect of the drugs I'm taking is that it changes my hearing. It's like I'm hearing songs a full octave lower or something.

How is that possible? :lol: I get completely smashed on as little as three glasses of wine. Mind you, I hardly ever drink.

KWV. :drool:

I do have to focus a little when I walk. And I think if you were to talk to me, I'd be over-enthusiastic and laugh more than normal. But I really don't feel that drunk. I'm halfway through my ninth glass right now. I suppose this is where growing up on wine gets me. It's all my father's fault; he took me to wine and food festivals before I was even eight and taught me to tell the difference between different wine varieties! So I guess I built up a good tolerance.

Sorry to hear about that, GG.

I took some pills beforehand, then got an IV. After that, I remember getting out of the chair, being in the car, and then being in bed and having my mom change out the gauze pads and stuff. I'm having a hard time chewing... hopefully I can have some ravioli tonight.

It'll get easier to chew as you get used to it. I could manage soft noodles after five days, if I remember correctly.

Have fun flushing out the holes once you've healed up a bit. :wink: A word of advice, though; make sure the water is at least lukewarm, or the pain will be enough to kill you.

It'll get easier to chew as you get used to it. I could manage soft noodles after five days, if I remember correctly.

Have fun flushing out the holes once you've healed up a bit. :wink: A word of advice, though; make sure the water is at least lukewarm, or the pain will be enough to kill you.

Ah thanks. I have this little plastic syringe thing I need to use to clean them out. Would it be better if it was salt water?

The only thing I don't like about my teeth is that, despite almost three years in braces, they're not straight. My teeth on the front upper right side stick out, and it pisses me off. It makes the whole front of my teeth look much too wide.

Ah thanks. I have this little plastic syringe thing I need to use to clean them out. Would it be better if it was salt water?

My pleasure. :hug: Yes, go with warm salt water in the initial stages. You'll need to use a fair bit of pressure on the syringe to get all the food out. It hurts like hell when you first start doing it, but you really don't want to leave anything in there.

My pleasure. :hug: Yes, go with warm salt water in the initial stages. You'll need to use a fair bit of pressure on the syringe to get all the food out. It hurts like hell when you first start doing it, but you really don't want to leave anything in there.

Maybe I could store future snacks in there? :shrug:

;)

:wave: Hey, LMP. Slightly disappointed to see you aren't completely out of your mind on the meds. :wink:

And yes, I fully recommend using salt water on the areas that could potentially become infected.

:wave: Hey, LMP. Slightly disappointed to see you aren't completely out of your mind on the meds. :wink:

And yes, I fully recommend using salt water on the areas that could potentially become infected.

Hey, man. Oh, I slept through all of that yesterday... but was a bit loopy in the car ride back, apparently.

Still not 100%, but it's okay.

Hey, man. Oh, I slept through all of that yesterday... but was a bit loopy in the car ride back, apparently.

Still not 100%, but it's okay.

I'm entirely grateful that my wisdom teeth haven't shown up yet.

My teeth are already terrible enough. They're very similar to Bowie's circa 1969.

I'm entirely grateful that my wisdom teeth haven't shown up yet.

You'd better hope and pray that those little fuckers don't come in sideways. :mad: I had one horizontal impaction, and it was the worst. The other three were okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom