Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when I was a bit younger I was low on iron, and had to take supplements and such, which helped me a lot. I don't have that big a problem with it now, and I have rarely eaten red meat over the past few years, anyway, up to becoming vegetarian I sort of just ate poultry (which was weird, since I stayed away from it for ages in high school). I wouldn't be surprised if the last meat I ate was a McChicken burger. The only edible meal there, I think!

Yep, exactly. Hmm, if Ashley's reading, I'm thinking of a character from Achewood called Pat, a vegan cat... sort of the typical jerk I've been describing. :wink:

My brother has been vegetarian for ten years now, and as far as I can tell he never did it for the sake of animal's lives. I don't see much point in that, the morality thing, anyway. I think it was him introducing me to vegetarian curry that made me decide to eventually become one.

Understood. You don't have to like all vegies, anyway. I can't stand the taste and texture of artichokes and other things.
Ahhh, yeah. The only time I was ever really low on iron was when I was sick with pneumonia, but I couldn't eat so that was why. I just can't stand the taste of most of it, really.

:lol: Not all vegans are like that. But a lot of them tend to try and push off their habits onto others or scold the rest of the world.

I'm the only one in my family who's even remotely veggie. Everyone else eats meat. Which makes for difficult dinners at times. But I manage.

Never tried that. And onions are just nasty, imo.

Personally I prefer the Iliad, which NSW knows all about!

I need to get good copies of the Iliad and Odyssey. I bought these dirt-cheap copies, but they're old translations that SOUND nice, but in that sort of old-fashioned English that is tremendously hard to follow.

Hehe, yeah Ulysses is sort of an updated Odyssey, really. Though I've never read it, but it seems to follow the pattern of the Odyssey pretty well.

Personally I prefer the Iliad, which NSW knows all about!

I think I bought a second-hand copy of the Illiad (which is much easier to spell, too)... really must get around to reading that. :reject:

Well, you COMPLETELY FUCKING BLEW THAT OPPORTUNITY, SOUTH AFRICA.

For god's sake, how did they do that? World's worst pass, that's how.

Ahhh, yeah. The only time I was ever really low on iron was when I was sick with pneumonia, but I couldn't eat so that was why. I just can't stand the taste of most of it, really.

:lol: Not all vegans are like that. But a lot of them tend to try and push off their habits onto others or scold the rest of the world.

I'm the only one in my family who's even remotely veggie. Everyone else eats meat. Which makes for difficult dinners at times. But I manage.

Never tried that. And onions are just nasty, imo.

Fair enough. How long ago did you have pneumonia?

Haha, yeah I know, it's mean. I'm sure even the more jerky ones are actually nice people. But you know, easy targets. :wink:

Yeah, it can be difficult having to cook for yourself often. But beyond Dad asking me if I want a steak every ten minutes, it's fine - really!

I don't think I've ever met anyone who dislikes onions as much as you! :lol: But that's okay. Artichokes are really gross, mind. They get put on vegetarian pizzas pretty often, here.

Well, you COMPLETELY FUCKING BLEW THAT OPPORTUNITY, SOUTH AFRICA.

For god's sake, how did they do that? World's worst pass, that's how.

I bet you wish there was at least one other person posting tonight that was interested in rugby, or at least male. :wink:

I wonder if Ax is an angry drunk if his team loses...

He's probably angry sober if his team loses. :hmm:

This was my response to the All Blacks losing our quarter-final in the Rugby World Cup last year, completely sober (but a bit sleep-deprived): axver: Why yes, the All Blacks are out of the World Cup. However did you guess? The profanity laden rant?

I didn't wear my All Blacks shirts again until a few weeks ago, that's how much it hurt.

I think I bought a second-hand copy of the Illiad (which is much easier to spell, too)... really must get around to reading that. :reject:

Oh, it's a great book. I mean, maybe I'm biased being the classical historian here, but yeah, it's action packed, fascinating and full of tragedy. I often get the urge to read it all over again. Just be warned, there can be some repetition, but that can depend on the translation. I just have one of the more recent Penguin Classics ones.

Don't look now, but you actually misspelled "Iliad". :uhoh:

I bet you wish there was at least one other person posting tonight that was interested in rugby, or at least male. :wink:

I know, but oh well, I'm enjoying myself. :lol:

Shame I don't even feel tipsy ...

I don't think I've ever met anyone who dislikes onions as much as you! :lol: But that's okay. Artichokes are really gross, mind. They get put on vegetarian pizzas pretty often, here.

Artichokes on pizza? I don't think I've seen that much in Melbourne. And I don't even know what artichokes taste like...

I know someone who doesn't like onion, although sometimes she can eat them. She and her husband, between them, are lactose intolerant, gluten intolerant, vegetarian and possibly something else that I can't remember. It's a challenge cooking for them when they come round for dinner!

Fair enough. How long ago did you have pneumonia?

Haha, yeah I know, it's mean. I'm sure even the more jerky ones are actually nice people. But you know, easy targets. :wink:

Yeah, it can be difficult having to cook for yourself often. But beyond Dad asking me if I want a steak every ten minutes, it's fine - really!

I've had it a couple times. The most recent, was when I had the worst flu of my life, which I believe to be pneumonia. That was this last February. Other than that, the one that I actually did go get treated for was back in early 2002 when I was sick from Jan-June.

Easy targets ftw. :wink:

Yeah. I cook for myself more than I don't. I get the occasional hassle for being "picky" and stupid shit like that. But yeah, it's my fucking diet. I'll eat whatever I want.

You're definitely not the first person to ever tell me. As I am sure you may have figured out.

This was my response to the All Blacks losing our quarter-final in the Rugby World Cup last year, completely sober (but a bit sleep-deprived): axver: Why yes, the All Blacks are out of the World Cup. However did you guess? The profanity laden rant?

I didn't wear my All Blacks shirts again until a few weeks ago, that's how much it hurt.

:hug:

I find it rather disturbing, what you said about NZ's national morale being so tied up with the All Blacks... that's a lot of responsibility for the team to carry!

Oh, it's a great book. I mean, maybe I'm biased being the classical historian here, but yeah, it's action packed, fascinating and full of tragedy. I often get the urge to read it all over again. Just be warned, there can be some repetition, but that can depend on the translation. I just have one of the more recent Penguin Classics ones.

Don't look now, but you actually misspelled "Iliad". :uhoh:

Aw crap, there's only one L? D'oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom