Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:tsk:

James Augustine Aloysius Joyce (2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941) was an Irish expatriate writer, widely considered to be one of the most influential writers of the 20th century. He is best known for his landmark novel Ulysses (1922) and its highly controversial successor Finnegans Wake (1939), as well as the short story collection Dubliners (1914) and the semi-autobiographical novel A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (1916).
Ooh, that guy! ... I used to watch a cartoon when I was a kid, that was loosely based on Ulysses... It may have been called Ulysses 3000 or something.

I am so culturally clueless. :lol:

Ni NI can't drive, he'll just be with us to make sure NO Irishmen take advantage of us
Aww. :(

:wink:

I mean, that's very cool of him. :up:

Another try to Australia, 10-3. Can't believe they had to go to the TV referee for that. The touch judge was in the right spot to see it and should have been able to confirm the try for the ref. Lame. I hate when referees get dependent on technology.

Conversion missed, so it's still 10-3. South Africa is more than still in this.

I'm kind of worried that when I'm drunk, I'm just more obviously nerdy. See: correcting grammar on Wikipedia after 7 glasses of wine.

:shifty:

I think I'll stick with hard-copy CDs, where possible.

I hate purchasing music online myself. But sometimes I really don't want the whole album

Ooh, I'd like to see Khan own Kate. I was meant to meet up with Khan in 2005 but Kate never got her act into gear so we never made it to Memphis (I was dependent on Kate driving).

Little fantasy of yours?

Haha Stirling Mortlock's out injured.

Get off the field, Mr Past-it.

How hard is it to set a fucking scrum? Way to give away a penalty kick, South Africa. This should take it to 13-3 ...

Ugh, yeah. I can't tell you how many times someone's asked me if I'm sick all the time or if I get dizzy from lack of iron or what the fuck have you. I get my iron out of cereal and shit like that. Fuck eating meat or taking supplements, I do just fine with it.
I don't really care if anyone eats meat around me ether. Mind you I may back away if someone's eating a cheeseburger in front of me because ground beef just grosses me out, period. But I'm not one of those veggies who doesn't eat meat because of the "poor animals". I don't eat it because I don't want it.

I just don't think veganism is worth it. Period. Too many things have something from an animal in them and it's just not worth the time, effort and what it does to your body to deprive it of shit like that.

I'm not entirely sure. I think it could be whatever is in them. I don't generally like onions anyway, the taste and texture. It's all gross but there are certain things I can eat them in. It's just that they give me indigestion and I don't quite know why.

Well, when I was a bit younger I was low on iron, and had to take supplements and such, which helped me a lot. I don't have that big a problem with it now, and I have rarely eaten red meat over the past few years, anyway, up to becoming vegetarian I sort of just ate poultry (which was weird, since I stayed away from it for ages in high school). I wouldn't be surprised if the last meat I ate was a McChicken burger. The only edible meal there, I think!

Yep, exactly. Hmm, if Ashley's reading, I'm thinking of a character from Achewood called Pat, a vegan cat... sort of the typical jerk I've been describing. :wink:

My brother has been vegetarian for ten years now, and as far as I can tell he never did it for the sake of animal's lives. I don't see much point in that, the morality thing, anyway. I think it was him introducing me to vegetarian curry that made me decide to eventually become one.

Understood. You don't have to like all vegies, anyway. I can't stand the taste and texture of artichokes and other things.

What is about men that when they're sober they want to fuck? :wink:

The answer is simply because they are men.

I suspect that they just always want to fuck (generally speaking), but they get a bit more obvious about it when drunk... :shrug:

:doh: silluy me, i forgot that there brain was lower than ours :lmao:

And you're a puritan angel? :laugh:

I am .... who told you i wasn't???

*snort*

:lol: Us women are just as filthy.

:whistle:

Australia got their penalty, then gave one away. 13-6 now.

I have no freaking clue! :lol: Was Joyce's book based on something Homer wrote? Like the Odessey (I always spell that wrong), was that one of Homer's?

Mmmm, Odessey...

Hehe, yeah Ulysses is sort of an updated Odyssey, really. Though I've never read it, but it seems to follow the pattern of the Odyssey pretty well.

Personally I prefer the Iliad, which NSW knows all about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom