Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #436
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I kept like three movies for two months and NEVER watched them
i've never been that bad, thankfully. but this year has been my slacker year for netflix movies. i know i won't come close to how many i watched last year i watched 72 netflix movies last year, and this year? SIXTEEN. yeah, not even close.

Quote:
I don't know, if I were to spend a lot of time thinking about it now, it would probably kill my childhood to realize I no longer think he's cute. but when I was like 5-10, he and Tim Curry were my FAVORITE actors. Last Action Hero was my favorite movie...pretty much forever until I Really started to care about movies.
awww!

Old 07-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #437
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i've never been afraid to. i was online during the boom of napster, man that was great. a total free-for-all. i knew it couldn't go on forever, but it was nice while it lasted. then i moved to torrents. now that my isp has blocked them, well, zip and rar files are just as good.
I'm the person who got sued by the RIAA. I'm starting to not be so scared of these in browser downloads though. Especially when I'm not at school. But when I'm at school, I'm even scared to download DI lists.

Quote:
ooh, really? my dad's a petty fan so i've grown up on his music, but i can't remember if he ever played his slower stuff. my dad was the master of mix tapes there's one he made in the mid-80s we still have floating around, it's my absolute favourite.
Well I mean, even like Free Fallin' and Learning To Fly are maybe the only singles I can think of that reminds me of these kinds of songs. Stuff that I have no idea whether they were singles or not, but know they weren't on his Greatest Hits album are like "It'll All Work Out", "Insider", "All The Wrong Reasons", "Wildflowers", "Alright For Now", etc.

I used to love making Mix Tapes when I was a little kid I wish I could find one now, just to see what kind of shenanigans I was up to.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #438
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
i've never been that bad, thankfully. but this year has been my slacker year for netflix movies. i know i won't come close to how many i watched last year i watched 72 netflix movies last year, and this year? SIXTEEN. yeah, not even close.

awww!
The first semester I had Netflix, there was a constant ingoing and outgoing of movies. Second semester was the one where I forgot to return the vids for just about two months. Third semester, not much went on. Last semester I didn't even renew my account til the very end, and then I watched a lot of movies again, which I anticipate I will be doing this fall semester as well.

And I know right
Old 07-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #439
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I'm the person who got sued by the RIAA. I'm starting to not be so scared of these in browser downloads though. Especially when I'm not at school. But when I'm at school, I'm even scared to download DI lists.
ahh, well i definitely understand your trepidation, then. i've just learned to be careful. for torrents, use private trackers, and of course don't download anything when you're on a school network

Quote:
Well I mean, even like Free Fallin' and Learning To Fly are maybe the only singles I can think of that reminds me of these kinds of songs. Stuff that I have no idea whether they were singles or not, but know they weren't on his Greatest Hits album are like "It'll All Work Out", "Insider", "All The Wrong Reasons", "Wildflowers", "Alright For Now", etc.

I used to love making Mix Tapes when I was a little kid I wish I could find one now, just to see what kind of shenanigans I was up to.

me too! god, the ones i used to make probably sucked.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #440
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
The first semester I had Netflix, there was a constant ingoing and outgoing of movies. Second semester was the one where I forgot to return the vids for just about two months. Third semester, not much went on. Last semester I didn't even renew my account til the very end, and then I watched a lot of movies again, which I anticipate I will be doing this fall semester as well.

And I know right
it's amazing how lazy you can get with movies, isn't it? i hope i snap out of this soon and get back into the habit of watching ~2 movies a week. i used to watch them on both my weekend nights. now? no

Old 07-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #441
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
ahh, well i definitely understand your trepidation, then. i've just learned to be careful. for torrents, use private trackers, and of course don't download anything when you're on a school network
This I learned, so far at just the cost of having a mild cornoary at the age of 20 So far *knock on wood* they haven't gone through with it.
Quote:
Well they're songs I love anyways . It's just a nice change, because usually when I think of him I think of a lot of guitar, quick vocals, etc. It's nice to hear more lyrical songs.

Quote:
me too! god, the ones i used to make probably sucked.
I recall one of them having The Boy is mine on it

Quote:
it's amazing how lazy you can get with movies, isn't it? i hope i snap out of this soon and get back into the habit of watching ~2 movies a week. i used to watch them on both my weekend nights. now? no

Well like, even this summer can show how I am. At the beginning I was watching three four movies A DAY. Now, I watched Batman Begins two days ago...that's it. And I NEED to get going on X-Files. I'm running out of time

As for Arnold, well....As it is, I can't even watch Last Action Hero anymore because I have a hard time not laughing at how cheesy it is
Old 07-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #442
Blue Crack Distributor

OH hold up. Seems Mr. Mellencamp has a new album out. *listens to that first*
Old 07-19-2008, 07:48 PM   #443
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
This I learned, so far at just the cost of having a mild cornoary at the age of 20 So far *knock on wood* they haven't gone through with it.

Quote:
Well they're songs I love anyways . It's just a nice change, because usually when I think of him I think of a lot of guitar, quick vocals, etc. It's nice to hear more lyrical songs.

I recall one of them having The Boy is mine on it
the boy is mine?

Quote:
Well like, even this summer can show how I am. At the beginning I was watching three four movies A DAY. Now, I watched Batman Begins two days ago...that's it. And I NEED to get going on X-Files. I'm running out of time

As for Arnold, well....As it is, I can't even watch Last Action Hero anymore because I have a hard time not laughing at how cheesy it is
i know what you mean. you just somehow get out of the habit of watching movies

ha, that is a pretty cheesy movie
Old 07-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #444
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:23 PM
E-mail and MP3 blogs have been my only two sources for music aside from hard copies and iTunes.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #445
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
E-mail and MP3 blogs have been my only two sources for music aside from hard copies and iTunes.
Generally, same here, though I have downloaded torrents in the past.

Now.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #446
The Male

I'm taking a short break from No Country For Old Men. It's the definition of cracking.

Now.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #447
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I'm taking a short break from No Country For Old Men. It's the definition of cracking.
wow, i have that movie sitting next to me on the bed! i was planning on watching it as soon as my parents leave.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #448
The Male

Quote:
wow, i have that movie sitting next to me on the bed! i was planning on watching it as soon as my parents leave.
If you have a high threshold for violence, it's going to be a new favorite. The plot is great, and I'm genuinely curious to find out how it ends.

Now.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:59 PM   #449
Blue Crack Distributor

I wanna see No Country For Old Men. I started watching it but something came up, can't remember what now.

And Khan I didn't REALLY have a coronary

And John Mellencamp...why do you keep singing about death? You're making me sad...I'm not digging this album so much
Old 07-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #450
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
If you have a high threshold for violence, it's going to be a new favorite. The plot is great, and I'm genuinely curious to find out how it ends.
yeah, violence doesn't really bug me.

Tags
superthread