Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #421
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:12 AM
awww, oh well. i'm trying to remember all the movies i've seen with him in it...newsies, velvet goldmine, american psycho (the book is so much better), the machinist, and now both batman movies. i also want to see the new terminator movie when it comes out.

as for cillian murphy, i've seen 28 days later, girl with a pearl earring, batman begins, red eye, breakfast on pluto, and sunshine. i've been meaning to see the wind that shakes the barley ever since it came to theaters. now it's sitting in my netflix queue

Old 07-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #422
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

ooh and i know what you mean about seeing acts live. it just makes you want to listen to their music that much more. which reminds me, i was supposed to see a concert tonight. oh well, now my parents are going instead. i know they'll tell me about it

Old 07-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #423
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:12 AM
I still haven't seen American Psycho. I rented it AND forgot to return it, so I had to pay a late fee . One of these days.

That Terminator movie made me so sad inside. How can you have one with out Ahnuld?!?!?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #424
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
ooh and i know what you mean about seeing acts live. it just makes you want to listen to their music that much more. which reminds me, i was supposed to see a concert tonight. oh well, now my parents are going instead. i know they'll tell me about it
Earth, Wind, and Fire?

If I drunk posted would that make you feel better? j/k?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #425
Blue Crack Distributor

There was this SIX DISC collection of Tom Petty stuff at the library...and I didn't recognize a lot of it, so I wanted to take all my stuff back today and rent it, settle in for tonight and tomorrow, BUT NO the library closes at five on Saturdays *cry*
Old 07-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #426
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I still haven't seen American Psycho. I rented it AND forgot to return it, so I had to pay a late fee . One of these days.

That Terminator movie made me so sad inside. How can you have one with out Ahnuld?!?!?
oh man, that sucks! i've become bad about my netflix dvds. sometimes i'll have the same movie for over a month and i'm like shit, i could've bought the damn thing now! american psycho is a good movie, but having read the book, there's just so much missing. i know it'd be unrealistic to have the whole thing into a movie, it would've either been four hours long or the speed would've been too fast.

and yeah, i know what you mean. i've seen terminator two many times, and i've seen the first one, i just can't remember if i've seen it all or not. but to have a movie without its star? that's lame. but better he not be in it than with rocky, where sly was all old and washed-up looking and just looked pathetic.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #427
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Earth, Wind, and Fire?

If I drunk posted would that make you feel better? j/k?
yeah. i'm not a huge fan, but concerts are great. especially outdoor concerts

it'd make feel better if everyone drunk posted
Old 07-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #428
Blue Crack Distributor

AHA! I have discovered what it was. It's that Playback box set I saw at Best Buy forever ago, and ALMOST bought...but I wasn't super into Tom Petty at the time, so I stopped myself. I want it! It comes with books and stuff
Old 07-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #429
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
There was this SIX DISC collection of Tom Petty stuff at the library...and I didn't recognize a lot of it, so I wanted to take all my stuff back today and rent it, settle in for tonight and tomorrow, BUT NO the library closes at five on Saturdays *cry*
it's the same here. i don't get why libraries close so late on saturdays! surely they know not everyone has a life and views saturday night as time to go clubbing?
Old 07-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #430
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
AHA! I have discovered what it was. It's that Playback box set I saw at Best Buy forever ago, and ALMOST bought...but I wasn't super into Tom Petty at the time, so I stopped myself. I want it! It comes with books and stuff
ooh, awesome! i love box sets, especially when they come with extra goodies like that

you could always download it until you can buy it
Old 07-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #431
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
oh man, that sucks! i've become bad about my netflix dvds. sometimes i'll have the same movie for over a month and i'm like shit, i could've bought the damn thing now! american psycho is a good movie, but having read the book, there's just so much missing. i know it'd be unrealistic to have the whole thing into a movie, it would've either been four hours long or the speed would've been too fast.
UGH! Don't talk to me about forgetting to return Netflix discs

Quote:
and yeah, i know what you mean. i've seen terminator two many times, and i've seen the first one, i just can't remember if i've seen it all or not. but to have a movie without its star? that's lame. but better he not be in it than with rocky, where sly was all old and washed-up looking and just looked pathetic.
Arnold can't look that bad ever. >_> *has slight crush on Arnold from childhood*
Old 07-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #432
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
ooh, awesome! i love box sets, especially when they come with extra goodies like that

you could always download it until you can buy it
I am the person that's too scared to download I'm about to boot up Napster and stream whatever albums of his they have left I haven't listened to yet.

The coolest thing I've discovered about him since all of this started, is that between all of his rock songs, he has some BEAUTIFUL slowed down tracks that you never hear. I didn't think Tom Petty was capable of such songs. There's only like ONE per album, but they are SO worth it.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #433
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
UGH! Don't talk to me about forgetting to return Netflix discs

Arnold can't look that bad ever. >_> *has slight crush on Arnold from childhood*
uhoh, what happened?

i never thought he was particularly cute, i think it's mainly because of his accent. i can't stand german/austrian accents, i don't know why. it was hard for me to take four years of german and have to listen to tapes of them talking! but if you think he's cute, i have a record with him on the cover
Old 07-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #434
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I am the person that's too scared to download I'm about to boot up Napster and stream whatever albums of his they have left I haven't listened to yet.

The coolest thing I've discovered about him since all of this started, is that between all of his rock songs, he has some BEAUTIFUL slowed down tracks that you never hear. I didn't think Tom Petty was capable of such songs. There's only like ONE per album, but they are SO worth it.
i've never been afraid to. i was online during the boom of napster, man that was great. a total free-for-all. i knew it couldn't go on forever, but it was nice while it lasted. then i moved to torrents. now that my isp has blocked them, well, zip and rar files are just as good.

ooh, really? my dad's a petty fan so i've grown up on his music, but i can't remember if he ever played his slower stuff. my dad was the master of mix tapes there's one he made in the mid-80s we still have floating around, it's my absolute favourite.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #435
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
uhoh, what happened?
I kept like three movies for two months and NEVER watched them
Quote:
i never thought he was particularly cute, i think it's mainly because of his accent. i can't stand german/austrian accents, i don't know why. it was hard for me to take four years of german and have to listen to tapes of them talking! but if you think he's cute, i have a record with him on the cover
I don't know, if I were to spend a lot of time thinking about it now, it would probably kill my childhood to realize I no longer think he's cute. but when I was like 5-10, he and Tim Curry were my FAVORITE actors. Last Action Hero was my favorite movie...pretty much forever until I Really started to care about movies.

Tags
superthread