Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #301
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
Bwah. It's so easy, too! Yun-chie. Like "munchies."
I promise you, one guy in particular was turning it into Yun-cha. Like Yum Cha. It was hilarious.

Quote:
Jantjes used to play for the Cats. I fucking hate him. Despite having spurts of occasional brilliance, he's just as useless as Percy...maybe even more so. I have no idea why he's playing international rugby.

Bryan Habana. A springbok in human form.

Fuck yeah!
You guys totally need to find some good fullbacks. It seems to be the one big deficiency of South African rugby over the last few years. You've got godlike wingers like Habana, but nothing in the fullback department and it hurt you tonight.

I swear to god, I wish Habana would kindly defect to New Zealand, like Irene van Dyk did in the netball.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #302
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Damnit, where are all you people? I'm on my seventh glass of wine and there's nobody around to appreciate my drunkposting!

Or as the case may be, worryingly non-typoed drunkposting. I didn't make a single typo typing this. The poor backspace key feels unloved.
Sorry. Our cat engaged in battle with a squirrel outside, and I had to intervene for a few minutes. The squirrel is fine...just a little pissed off. Not as pissed off as the cat, though.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:39 PM   #303
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Sorry. Our cat engaged in battle with a squirrel outside, and I had to intervene for a few minutes. The squirrel is fine...just a little pissed off. Not as pissed off as the cat, though.

I'm onto my eighth glass now, so updated scorecard for completed glasses:

Pinot noir 5 - 2 pinot gris.

This is where my typing really began going to shit last time. Let's see how I go this time. I'm also enjoying Porcupine Tree goodness, after playing Animals twice.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #304
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I promise you, one guy in particular was turning it into Yun-cha. Like Yum Cha. It was hilarious.
Typical Aussie.

Quote:
You guys totally need to find some good fullbacks. It seems to be the one big deficiency of South African rugby over the last few years. You've got godlike wingers like Habana, but nothing in the fullback department and it hurt you tonight.

I swear to god, I wish Habana would kindly defect to New Zealand, like Irene van Dyk did in the netball.
Indeed. At the moment, Percy's the best we've got. It doesn't help that people are emigrating out of SA in droves (not that I blame them, of course)...future South African rugby stars could be growing up in England, New Zealand, Canada or - god forbid - Australia.

Fuck, that would be terrifying. NZ's current line-up, plus Habana. You'd be virtually undefeatable.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #305
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:

I'm onto my eighth glass now, so updated scorecard for completed glasses:

Pinot noir 5 - 2 pinot gris.

This is where my typing really began going to shit last time. Let's see how I go this time. I'm also enjoying Porcupine Tree goodness, after playing Animals twice.
I just re-listened to Animals last night. I still rank Pigs and Sheep higher than Dogs. Dogs is just too long for its own good, it drags.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #306
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Typical Aussie.
The commentators were amazingly ignorant. I loved how they couldn't even realise that Januarie's name isn't EXACTLY the same as the month. And ... Bakkies Boethe, is that the correct spelling? Eight glasses of wine makes me wonder. Anyway, they could NOT pronounce it to save themselves. I want to know who this Backy's Bertha is.

Quote:
Indeed. At the moment, Percy's the best we've got. It doesn't help that people are emigrating out of SA in droves (not that I blame them, of course)...future South African rugby stars could be growing up in England, New Zealand, Canada or - god forbid - Australia.

Fuck, that would be terrifying. NZ's current line-up, plus Habana. You'd be virtually undefeatable.
Yeah, that worries me too. I mean, if I were a relatively good rugby player, I would not be keen on staying in South Africa. Who'd want to stay in those living conditions, and with things going even further to shit? I worry about the future of the Springboks, and as somebody who wants the All Blacks to have respectable opponents - well, you lot are by far our toughest opponents and I don't want to lose the Springboks' challenge. The fact that until 1995, South Africa was the only country we didn't have a positive win record against speaks volumes.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 01:49 PM   #307
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I just re-listened to Animals last night. I still rank Pigs and Sheep higher than Dogs. Dogs is just too long for its own good, it drags.
Dogs can do no wrong in my books, and the ending is AMAZING.

The other two songs are absolute fucking classics too, though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #308
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:10 AM
So how's drunkver doing, or did he pass out?

Old 07-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #309
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So how's drunkver doing, or did he pass out?

I am nearly done with my eighth glass of wine and still able to type and form logical thoughts. I am worried by this fact.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #310
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
The commentators were amazingly ignorant. I loved how they couldn't even realise that Januarie's name isn't EXACTLY the same as the month. And ... Bakkies Boethe, is that the correct spelling? Eight glasses of wine makes me wonder. Anyway, they could NOT pronounce it to save themselves. I want to know who this Backy's Bertha is.
Oh, I've heard worse. You should hear how people in Canada pronounce MY surname. Rugby commentators should know better, though... Backy's Bertha! It's Botha, by the way. You got the first part right. I once heard the Poms refer to him as "Both-ahh" before. Nearly pissed myself laughing.

Quote:
Yeah, that worries me too. I mean, if I were a relatively good rugby player, I would not be keen on staying in South Africa. Who'd want to stay in those living conditions, and with things going even further to shit? I worry about the future of the Springboks, and as somebody who wants the All Blacks to have respectable opponents - well, you lot are by far our toughest opponents and I don't want to lose the Springboks' challenge. The fact that until 1995, South Africa was the only country we didn't have a positive win record against speaks volumes.
While it definitely is worrying, I think it's more of a long-term worry. Things will (hopefully) still be relatively stable in SA over the next twenty years or so. Beyond that point, who knows?

Quote:
You've got to be crazy. Dogs is brilliant!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #311
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Quote:
I am nearly done with my eighth glass of wine and still able to type and form logical thoughts. I am worried by this fact.
As lng as it doesn't put it into your head that you can do ANYTHING while drunk, you should be fine

God work is dead today.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:10 PM
It's the middle of Dogs, there's about four minutes there I could do without.

Pigs and Sheep are both epic.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #313
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
It's the middle of Dogs, there's about four minutes there I could do without.

Pigs and Sheep are both epic.
Okay, I agree that the middle bit does drag on slightly... During Roger Waters' 1999-2002 tour, he and the band used to sit down and play poker during that bit. The backup singers sat on chairs, drinking martinis. Jon Carin (keyboards/synth) and Graham Broad (drummer) were the only two actually playing. It was hilarious.

Video: (embedding disabled, grr) http://ca.youtube.com/ watch?v=GB5ZCGI6St8

The whole album is epic.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #314
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh, I've heard worse. You should hear how people in Canada pronounce MY surname. Rugby commentators should know better, though... Backy's Bertha! It's Botha, by the way. You got the first part right. I once heard the Poms refer to him as "Both-ahh" before. Nearly pissed myself laughing.
Off the top of my head, I can't recall your last name, but I can recall that I didn't think it was anything terribly difficult. But it hardly surprises me. The amount of times people think my last name is my first name is astonishing. And yeah, rugby commentators SHOULD know better, but when they're Aussie commentators who barely even know any other team exist, what do you expect? Channel 7 employs a pack of partisan fools and couldn't give a toss about sensible, impartial commentary.

Quote:
While it definitely is worrying, I think it's more of a long-term worry. Things will (hopefully) still be relatively stable in SA over the next twenty years or so. Beyond that point, who knows?
You think so? It seems things are heading to hell in a handbasket from what I hear in the news. But then again, I don't doubt you follow this much more closely than I do.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #315
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
As lng as it doesn't put it into your head that you can do ANYTHING while drunk, you should be fine

God work is dead today.

No, I am very conscious my abilities are increasingly going to shit.

So, I've had eight glasses. Shall I do a ninth?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread