Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See it! It was hysterical, heart-warming and thought-provoking...all at the same time.

That sounds too good to be true. THat sounds like Nemo/Monsters Pixar. Not Cars/Rat. Pixar....

I have a real hang up about cartoons SPECIFICALLY Pixar.....and in about 20-30 more minutes I might go off on some half-cocked rant if we're not careful :lol:

Ax, Animals gets :up::up::up:1/2 our of 5. Not being a huge PF fan...I think that's not too bad. Iespecialy liked the opening and closing tracks a LOT.

See it! It was hysterical, heart-warming and thought-provoking...all at the same time.
okay
whore.gif

oh I've seen it.

Which reminds me of something funny. So my mom is like really straight laced. But sometimes she'll impart some random bit of information that is so hout of character for her. Such as the fact that apparently she has a wicked insane crush on Jack Nicholson. Well yesterday she tells me the first time she saw the wall (and mind you, she was completely cold sober when she saw it) she completely and utterly understood everything that was going on. NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THAT :laugh:

But The Wall is one of my all-time favorite albums GG. I grew up listening to it, so that's a big piece of why, it's very special to me, and when I finally purchased it last year, and heard it for the first time in nearly 10 years, It was one of the greatest musical experiences of my life.

I'm tempted to watch the movie after another glass of "Pepsi" :hmm:

Wonderful. :love:

I also grew up with The Wall. My dad's a big Pink Floyd nut (he always tells me about how he skipped uni classes to buy The Final Cut on its first day of release) so it's all I ever heard when I was a kid. I definitely think it's overrated, though. Great album, yes, but their best?

Anyway, yeah, NO ONE should be able to understand the movie when they first see it. It took me repeated viewings and a detailed understanding of Roger Waters' childhood to fully appreciate it. :lol: Your mother must be a special case.

I have a real hang up about cartoons SPECIFICALLY Pixar.....and in about 20-30 more minutes I might go off on some half-cocked rant if we're not careful :lol:

I'd love to hear your rant, half-cocked or no. I used to be all over the latest Disney/Pixar releases and loved them. I don't know what happened since then, but the last few years I almost feel annoyed about them.

Maybe my tastes just changed, but there's something about them that bug me. Maybe it's me being weird because everyone and their brother tells me it's great and I need to see it, but I just don't want to. I dunno.

I'm weird. :wink:

Wonderful. :love:

I also grew up with The Wall. My dad's a big Pink Floyd nut (he always tells me about how he skipped uni classes to buy The Final Cut on its first day of release) so it's all I ever heard when I was a kid. I definitely think it's overrated, though. Great album, yes, but their best?

Anyway, yeah, NO ONE should be able to understand the movie when they first see it. It took me repeated viewings and a detailed understanding of Roger Waters' childhood to fully appreciate it. :lol: Your mother must be a special case.

Putting my childhood into perspective, the music that makes me all warm and fuzzy cause I listened to it with my dad?: The Wall, anything Black Sabbath, and Gordon Ligthfoot <:huh:?

I have no problem saying The Wall's the best thing I've ever heard from PF and I KNOW that's because I haven't heard much elese :lol:

And I will DEFINITELY tell my mom you said that :laugh: she'll have a good Lawl over that one.

That sounds too good to be true. THat sounds like Nemo/Monsters Pixar. Not Cars/Rat. Pixar....

Believe me, it's fantastic. You feel for those damn robots! :love: The second half of the movie does experience a bit of a dip in quality, but the first half more than makes up for it.

Cars was awful. Wall-E is on an entirely different dimension.

I'd love to hear your rant, half-cocked or no. I used to be all over the latest Disney/Pixar releases and loved them. I don't know what happened since then, but the last few years I almost feel annoyed about them.

Maybe my tastes just changed, but there's something about them that bug me. Maybe it's me being weird because everyone and their brother tells me it's great and I need to see it, but I just don't want to. I dunno.

I'm weird. :wink:

Do you want the rant NOW or after another glass? It's all ready to go, I've given it A BILLION times. I'm just tempted to mix things up a litte :lol:

Ax, Animals gets :up::up::up:1/2 our of 5. Not being a huge PF fan...I think that's not too bad. Iespecialy liked the opening and closing tracks a LOT.

Ah, well, that's cool. Also, in my tiredness, I initially read one of your sentences as "not being a huge PFan". :lol:

Believe me, it's fantastic. You feel for those damn robots! :love: The second half of the movie does experience a bit of a dip in quality, but the first half more than makes up for it.

Cars was awful. Wall-E is on an entirely different dimension.

You have no idea how happy you just made me. I'm taking my brother tomorrow night now.

The exception to my Pixar/Disney (I have to list both because I can never remember which movies are which) is The Incredibles, which I liked a lot.

Monsters Inc was pretty good, too. I just found Finding Nemo to be so incredibly overrated that it ... tainted things. Or something. Like I said ... weird.

The exception to my Pixar/Disney (I have to list both because I can never remember which movies are which) is The Incredibles, which I liked a lot.

Monsters Inc was pretty good, too. I just found Finding Nemo to be so incredibly overrated that it ... tainted things. Or something. Like I said ... weird.

First of all. I refuse to associate Disney Digital animation with Pixar digital animation. Disney is SO low qualities these days.

Second. Incredibles was the last good Pixar film, so I hope Wall-E brings it all back.

Third. I'll admit, Monster's Inc. was so good, it actually made me cry :lol:. And Nemo was just brilliantly beautiful. And to make it clear I HATE HATEHATE Digital animation HATE IT.

:shh: neither do I :wink:

God, "Don't Leave Me Now" is like my least favorite song on this album :banghead:

Hurrah! :D Personally, I think it's better than Finding Nemo. I might feel that way because I've JUST gotten back from seeing it, but I dunno... Finding Nemo didn't make me think all that much. Wall-E did. I don't think I can look at a pile of rubbish the same way ever again. :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABE!

My least favourite as well. :lol: It works in the context of the album, but I'd never listen to it on its own.

Hurrah! :D Personally, I think it's better than Finding Nemo. I might feel that way because I've JUST gotten back from seeing it, but I dunno... Finding Nemo didn't make me think all that much. Wall-E did. I don't think I can look at a pile of rubbish the same way ever again. :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABE!

My least favourite as well. :lol: It works in the context of the album, but I'd never listen to it on its own.

I don't know what it was about Nemo. Probably that damn water. Man that water looked good :lol: But by far my favorite IS Monster's Inc. Nemo's a close second.

Hey You is on now, and this is probably my favorite, song on the album if it weren't for Comfortably Numb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom