Intercourse, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
awww, oh well. i'm trying to remember all the movies i've seen with him in it...newsies, velvet goldmine, american psycho (the book is so much better), the machinist, and now both batman movies. i also want to see the new terminator movie when it comes out.

as for cillian murphy, i've seen 28 days later, girl with a pearl earring, batman begins, red eye, breakfast on pluto, and sunshine. i've been meaning to see the wind that shakes the barley ever since it came to theaters. now it's sitting in my netflix queue :mad:

ooh and i know what you mean about seeing acts live. it just makes you want to listen to their music that much more. which reminds me, i was supposed to see a concert tonight. :sigh: oh well, now my parents are going instead. i know they'll tell me about it :D

I still haven't seen American Psycho. I rented it AND forgot to return it, so I had to pay a late fee :banghead:. One of these days.

That Terminator movie made me so sad inside. How can you have one with out Ahnuld?!?!?

ooh and i know what you mean about seeing acts live. it just makes you want to listen to their music that much more. which reminds me, i was supposed to see a concert tonight. :sigh: oh well, now my parents are going instead. i know they'll tell me about it :D

Earth, Wind, and Fire?

If I drunk posted would that make you feel better? :wink: j/k?

There was this SIX DISC collection of Tom Petty stuff at the library...and I didn't recognize a lot of it, so I wanted to take all my stuff back today and rent it, settle in for tonight and tomorrow, BUT NO the library closes at five on Saturdays *cry*

I still haven't seen American Psycho. I rented it AND forgot to return it, so I had to pay a late fee :banghead:. One of these days.

That Terminator movie made me so sad inside. How can you have one with out Ahnuld?!?!?
oh man, that sucks! i've become bad about my netflix dvds. sometimes i'll have the same movie for over a month and i'm like shit, i could've bought the damn thing now! american psycho is a good movie, but having read the book, there's just so much missing. i know it'd be unrealistic to have the whole thing into a movie, it would've either been four hours long or the speed would've been too fast.

and yeah, i know what you mean. i've seen terminator two many times, and i've seen the first one, i just can't remember if i've seen it all or not. but to have a movie without its star? that's lame. but better he not be in it than with rocky, where sly was all old and washed-up looking and just looked pathetic.

AHA! I have discovered what it was. It's that Playback box set I saw at Best Buy forever ago, and ALMOST bought...but I wasn't super into Tom Petty at the time, so I stopped myself. I want it! It comes with books and stuff :drool:

There was this SIX DISC collection of Tom Petty stuff at the library...and I didn't recognize a lot of it, so I wanted to take all my stuff back today and rent it, settle in for tonight and tomorrow, BUT NO the library closes at five on Saturdays *cry*
:down: it's the same here. i don't get why libraries close so late on saturdays! surely they know not everyone has a life and views saturday night as time to go clubbing? :uhoh:

AHA! I have discovered what it was. It's that Playback box set I saw at Best Buy forever ago, and ALMOST bought...but I wasn't super into Tom Petty at the time, so I stopped myself. I want it! It comes with books and stuff :drool:
ooh, awesome! i love box sets, especially when they come with extra goodies like that :drool:

you could always download it until you can buy it :shifty:

oh man, that sucks! i've become bad about my netflix dvds. sometimes i'll have the same movie for over a month and i'm like shit, i could've bought the damn thing now! american psycho is a good movie, but having read the book, there's just so much missing. i know it'd be unrealistic to have the whole thing into a movie, it would've either been four hours long or the speed would've been too fast.
UGH! Don't talk to me about forgetting to return Netflix discs :scream:

and yeah, i know what you mean. i've seen terminator two many times, and i've seen the first one, i just can't remember if i've seen it all or not. but to have a movie without its star? that's lame. but better he not be in it than with rocky, where sly was all old and washed-up looking and just looked pathetic.

Arnold can't look that bad ever. >_> *has slight crush on Arnold from childhood*

ooh, awesome! i love box sets, especially when they come with extra goodies like that :drool:

you could always download it until you can buy it :shifty:

I am the person that's too scared to download :lol: I'm about to boot up Napster and stream whatever albums of his they have left I haven't listened to yet.

The coolest thing I've discovered about him since all of this started, is that between all of his rock songs, he has some BEAUTIFUL slowed down tracks that you never hear. I didn't think Tom Petty was capable of such songs. There's only like ONE per album, but they are SO worth it.

UGH! Don't talk to me about forgetting to return Netflix discs :scream:

Arnold can't look that bad ever. >_> *has slight crush on Arnold from childhood*
uhoh, what happened?

:lol: i never thought he was particularly cute, i think it's mainly because of his accent. i can't stand german/austrian accents, i don't know why. it was hard for me to take four years of german and have to listen to tapes of them talking! :yuck: but if you think he's cute, i have a record with him on the cover :giggle:

I am the person that's too scared to download :lol: I'm about to boot up Napster and stream whatever albums of his they have left I haven't listened to yet.

The coolest thing I've discovered about him since all of this started, is that between all of his rock songs, he has some BEAUTIFUL slowed down tracks that you never hear. I didn't think Tom Petty was capable of such songs. There's only like ONE per album, but they are SO worth it.
:lol: i've never been afraid to. i was online during the boom of napster, man that was great. a total free-for-all. i knew it couldn't go on forever, but it was nice while it lasted. then i moved to torrents. now that my isp has blocked them, well, zip and rar files are just as good.

ooh, really? my dad's a petty fan so i've grown up on his music, but i can't remember if he ever played his slower stuff. my dad was the master of mix tapes :drool: there's one he made in the mid-80s we still have floating around, it's my absolute favourite.

uhoh, what happened?

I kept like three movies for two months and NEVER watched them :banghead:
:lol: i never thought he was particularly cute, i think it's mainly because of his accent. i can't stand german/austrian accents, i don't know why. it was hard for me to take four years of german and have to listen to tapes of them talking! :yuck: but if you think he's cute, i have a record with him on the cover :giggle:

I don't know, if I were to spend a lot of time thinking about it now, it would probably kill my childhood to realize I no longer think he's cute. but when I was like 5-10, he and Tim Curry were my FAVORITE actors. Last Action Hero was my favorite movie...pretty much forever until I Really started to care about movies.

I kept like three movies for two months and NEVER watched them :banghead:
:ohmy: i've never been that bad, thankfully. but this year has been my slacker year for netflix movies. i know i won't come close to how many i watched last year :depressed: i watched 72 netflix movies last year, and this year? SIXTEEN. yeah, not even close.

I don't know, if I were to spend a lot of time thinking about it now, it would probably kill my childhood to realize I no longer think he's cute. but when I was like 5-10, he and Tim Curry were my FAVORITE actors. Last Action Hero was my favorite movie...pretty much forever until I Really started to care about movies.
awww! :cute:

:lol: i've never been afraid to. i was online during the boom of napster, man that was great. a total free-for-all. i knew it couldn't go on forever, but it was nice while it lasted. then i moved to torrents. now that my isp has blocked them, well, zip and rar files are just as good.
I'm the person who got sued by the RIAA. :lol: I'm starting to not be so scared of these in browser downloads though. Especially when I'm not at school. But when I'm at school, I'm even scared to download DI lists.

ooh, really? my dad's a petty fan so i've grown up on his music, but i can't remember if he ever played his slower stuff. my dad was the master of mix tapes :drool: there's one he made in the mid-80s we still have floating around, it's my absolute favourite.

Well I mean, even like Free Fallin' and Learning To Fly are maybe the only singles I can think of that reminds me of these kinds of songs. Stuff that I have no idea whether they were singles or not, but know they weren't on his Greatest Hits album are like "It'll All Work Out", "Insider", "All The Wrong Reasons", "Wildflowers", "Alright For Now", etc.

I used to love making Mix Tapes when I was a little kid :lol: I wish I could find one now, just to see what kind of shenanigans I was up to.

:ohmy: i've never been that bad, thankfully. but this year has been my slacker year for netflix movies. i know i won't come close to how many i watched last year :depressed: i watched 72 netflix movies last year, and this year? SIXTEEN. yeah, not even close.

awww! :cute:

The first semester I had Netflix, there was a constant ingoing and outgoing of movies. Second semester was the one where I forgot to return the vids for just about two months. Third semester, not much went on. Last semester I didn't even renew my account til the very end, and then I watched a lot of movies again, which I anticipate I will be doing this fall semester as well.

And I know right :cute: :lol:

I'm the person who got sued by the RIAA. :lol: I'm starting to not be so scared of these in browser downloads though. Especially when I'm not at school. But when I'm at school, I'm even scared to download DI lists.
ahh, well i definitely understand your trepidation, then. i've just learned to be careful. for torrents, use private trackers, and of course don't download anything when you're on a school network :lol:

Well I mean, even like Free Fallin' and Learning To Fly are maybe the only singles I can think of that reminds me of these kinds of songs. Stuff that I have no idea whether they were singles or not, but know they weren't on his Greatest Hits album are like "It'll All Work Out", "Insider", "All The Wrong Reasons", "Wildflowers", "Alright For Now", etc.

I used to love making Mix Tapes when I was a little kid :lol: I wish I could find one now, just to see what kind of shenanigans I was up to.
:hmm:

me too! god, the ones i used to make probably sucked.

The first semester I had Netflix, there was a constant ingoing and outgoing of movies. Second semester was the one where I forgot to return the vids for just about two months. Third semester, not much went on. Last semester I didn't even renew my account til the very end, and then I watched a lot of movies again, which I anticipate I will be doing this fall semester as well.

And I know right :cute: :lol:
it's amazing how lazy you can get with movies, isn't it? :lol: i hope i snap out of this soon and get back into the habit of watching ~2 movies a week. i used to watch them on both my weekend nights. now? no :mad:

:yes:

ahh, well i definitely understand your trepidation, then. i've just learned to be careful. for torrents, use private trackers, and of course don't download anything when you're on a school network :lol:
This I learned, so far at just the cost of having a mild cornoary at the age of 20 :lol: So far *knock on wood* they haven't gone through with it.
Well they're songs I love anyways :laugh:. It's just a nice change, because usually when I think of him I think of a lot of guitar, quick vocals, etc. It's nice to hear more lyrical songs.

me too! god, the ones i used to make probably sucked.
I recall one of them having The Boy is mine on it :uhoh:

it's amazing how lazy you can get with movies, isn't it? :lol: i hope i snap out of this soon and get back into the habit of watching ~2 movies a week. i used to watch them on both my weekend nights. now? no :mad:

:yes:

Well like, even this summer can show how I am. At the beginning I was watching three four movies A DAY. Now, I watched Batman Begins two days ago...that's it. And I NEED to get going on X-Files. I'm running out of time :yikes:

As for Arnold, well....As it is, I can't even watch Last Action Hero anymore because I have a hard time not laughing at how cheesy it is :(

This I learned, so far at just the cost of having a mild cornoary at the age of 20 :lol: So far *knock on wood* they haven't gone through with it.
:yikes:

Well they're songs I love anyways :laugh:. It's just a nice change, because usually when I think of him I think of a lot of guitar, quick vocals, etc. It's nice to hear more lyrical songs.

I recall one of them having The Boy is mine on it :uhoh:
the boy is mine? :ohmy:

Well like, even this summer can show how I am. At the beginning I was watching three four movies A DAY. Now, I watched Batman Begins two days ago...that's it. And I NEED to get going on X-Files. I'm running out of time :yikes:

As for Arnold, well....As it is, I can't even watch Last Action Hero anymore because I have a hard time not laughing at how cheesy it is :(
i know what you mean. you just somehow get out of the habit of watching movies :sigh:

ha, that is a pretty cheesy movie :wink:

E-mail and MP3 blogs have been my only two sources for music aside from hard copies and iTunes.

wow, i have that movie sitting next to me on the bed! i was planning on watching it as soon as my parents leave.

If you have a high threshold for violence, it's going to be a new favorite. The plot is great, and I'm genuinely curious to find out how it ends.

I wanna see No Country For Old Men. I started watching it but something came up, can't remember what now.

And Khan I didn't REALLY have a coronary :p

And John Mellencamp...why do you keep singing about death? You're making me sad...I'm not digging this album so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom