Instant Messaging at work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you send IMs to friends who are at work?

• Yes, they are online aren't they?

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No, I have good manners

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
I have one friend who's a programmer. She's always online when she's at work. In the begining I felt uneasy about talking to her at work. But she has given me the go ahead. Somehow she's able to work on the big projects and still talk to me at the same time! :der:

I don't IM at work unless something is really wrong...like if I know one of my friends is upset, I'll look to see if he or she is online, and I'll try to chat with them in between work.

I do peek in here at work (obviously) and send e-mail, but if I was on IM at work, I'd have so many people IMing me that I'd never get anything done. The couple of times I've signed on from the office, I've always had to answer someone's IM with "Not now, I'm at work, catch up with you later"...which is why I tend to avoid it.

I keep AIM on at work. I only IM someone if it's important right then, like IMing a friend to see if we can meet for lunch, or if I need to ask someone for a ride home, but not for having an actual conversation. I work with computers and spend half my day sitting at a computer helping people on the phone, so we're allowed to have AIM on as long as we're not chatting.

I don't have a seperate IM for work b/c I turn my home computer off at night (it overheats) and don't turn it back on until I'm home from work, or I take it to work with me. So I'm never logged on two places at once.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom