inspired by the "name you almost had" thread - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #16
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:30 AM
okay i didn't know whether to use my actual first name (as in the first name on my birth certificate) or the first name i go by. so i did both.

first, my real name:
Quote:
Although the name Mary creates the urge to be creative and original, we point out that is causes frustration through a scattered and emotional nature. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success , as well as cause health weaknesses in the liver, bloodstream, and in tension or accidents to the head.

Your first name of Mary has made you a friendly, approachable, and generous person. Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be blunt and sarcastic. As you are naturally talkative, you find it easy to meet and make friends with many people. This name inclines you to be sympathetic and generous to those in difficult or unfortunate circumstances. You can be firm, positive, and independent in your own ideas and in reaching your own decisions, yet when it comes to taking action or following things through to completion, you often need encouragement. You respond quickly to kind words or any appreciation shown you. There are artistic, creative abilities in this name that you could express through music or singing, or, in a practical way, through sewing or interior decorating.
and now for my first name that i go by:
Quote:
Although the name Katie creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses through worry, mental tension, and tension or accidents to the head. (yes but mary said the same fucking thing.)

Your name of Katie has created a practical, responsible, stable nature, and you desire to direct the efforts of others rather than to take order or ask permission. You have a determined, self-reliant, capable nature and resent any interference, although in your desire to help you are inclined to become involved in the lives and decisions of other people. You like to make your own decisions and to be the master of your domain. You feel a limitation in your own expression when it is necessary to reach another through tact and understanding.
i bolded what i thought was especially true. the funny parts was when it said i was a success because i'm not. and i'm not a very compassionate person. i mean, i used to be, but i think most people have found they need to keep their guard up so as not to be scammed. (like by "homeless" people on the street, etc.) and i actually consider myself to be a very tactful person. i can be blunt but i try to find a way to say things without the risk of offending people. i'm the kinda person who'd say "ooh i like that dress, but you look so much better in this one!!" and not "god no, that dress makes your ass look big."

Old 02-04-2005, 05:33 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:30 PM
Quote:
Although the name Belinda creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, and worry or mental tension.

As Belinda you are rather serious-minded, responsible, and stable. You have the gift of tact and diplomacy, and possess a charming, easy-going nature which endears you to others. You have a serious desire to understand the heart and mind of everyone, and could be very effective in a career or in volunteer work where you are handling people and serving in a humanitarian way. This name also gives you a love of home and family, and as a parent you would likely be fair and understanding.
This is what I said in the other thread. Belinda is such a serious name.

Quote:
Although the name Beli creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus, and tension or accidents to the head.

The influence of Beli makes you positive, self-assertive, and independent. You can be creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, such as handicrafts. When you have the opportunity to pursue your own goals and interests free from interference, you can feel very agreeable and express a buoyant optimism. On the other hand, you can be impulsive and forceful when opposed, and act without due forethought and discretion. Hence you have many bitter experiences and generally rather unsettled conditions in your life, with little progress and financial accumulation. You cannot tolerate any domination by others, or circumstances that restrict your freedom and independence. You are inclined to make changes abruptly in your life as an escape from such conditions.
I like this one better

Well, except for the "accidents to the head" part.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:30 AM
Quote:
Although the name Megan creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it limits your versatility and scope, tuning you to technical details. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the elimination system, and through worry and mental tension.

Your first name of Megan gives you the desire for responsibility and takes you into practical pursuits. You would excel in work of a technical nature where concentration and attention to detail are important. Whatever you undertake, you have the patience and determination to do well. You feel a sense of security in positions of responsibility where progress is made through systematic, step-by-step procedures. However, you lack vision and you could become too involved in technical details, system, and routine. You do not readily adjust to changes in your routine.
A lot of that's pretty much true.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:39 PM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Although the name Kimberly creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a restless intensity that defies relaxation. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus.

The name Kimberly gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary. You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in. Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious. You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #20
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Although the name Katherine creates the urge to understand and help others, we stress that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, and tension or accidents to the head.

The name of Katherine creates a friendly, sociable, charming nature, but causes you to be too easily influenced by others. While you find it easy to meet and mix, and can appear agreeable and compromising in conversation, you can become unbending and forceful if pressed too far. Others learn that you cannot be told what to do and you seldom change your mind once it is made up. You prefer situations that allow a degree of independence, but are reluctant to take on a demanding work-load or responsibility.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 02-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #21
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:30 AM
Quote:
The name Amanda creates the urge to be self-expressive and philosophical, but we point out that it limits self-expression and friendly congeniality creating loneliness. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the liver, bloodstream, heart, lungs and bronchial area.

The name of Amanda has given you an appreciation for many beautiful and refined aspects of life--music and art, literature, drama--and the outdoors, where you find much peace and relaxation, but it creates a far too sensitive nature. You sense and feel much that you do not understand, and sometimes you are alarmed at your thoughts and wonder about their origin. You rarely experience the tranquility that comes with stability of thinking or emotional control.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

So Amanda = nutjob?

I don't believe your reading is all that uplifting. Just my personal opinion though.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:20 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Quote:
Although the name Jackie creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it frustrates you through a scattered and emotional nature. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the liver, bloodstream, and through worry and mental tension.

Your first name of Jackie has given you a responsible, expressive, inspirational, and friendly personality. Expression comes naturally to you and you are rarely at a loss for words; in fact, you have to put forth effort at times to curb an over-active tongue. Self-confidence has made it easy for you to meet people and you are well-liked for your spontaneous, happy ways. You sincerely like people and do not often experience loneliness; your work and home-life are likely filled with association

Have these people stalked me?

*looks at part in bold, looks at number of posts*

Wow, this thing describes me a lot...
But, are you supposed to put your full name, or the name you go by?
Old 02-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~

But, are you supposed to put your full name, or the name you go by?
I did both. lol
Old 02-04-2005, 07:30 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Although the name Ewen creates the urge to be creative and original, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions. This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, and tension or accidents to the head.

Your name of Ewen gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour. Your ideas can be very original and inventive. You enjoy being with people in a social environment. Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others. Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you would probably not follow such advice yourself. This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

that is freaky shit!!!!!

"health weaknesses in the fluid systems" yeah, i find it difficult to pass a pub.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:31 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
The Jacqueline one doesn't sound like me at all..but the Jackie one *looks over shoulder suspiciously*...well, it;s got me wondering!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~
The Jacqueline one doesn't sound like me at all..but the Jackie one *looks over shoulder suspiciously*...well, it;s got me wondering!
Yes, you're supposed to do the name you prefer to go by. I for instance, prefer to be called by my full name, not the shortened "Steph". Certain aspects of the "Steph" analysis fit me, but there's a lot that's way off. Rebellious? ME!? I skip one day of school and feel like the world is ending! On the other hand the analysis of "Stephanie" is 99.9999% right. As I said before, it's probably just a coincidence...but it seems quite strange.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:33 PM   #28
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by beli
So Amanda = nutjob?

my family might think so! There's a lot of me in what was said about my name.....
Old 02-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
If I'm not mistaken, LarryMullen's_POPAngel's name analysis and Larry's analysis are identical!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
You are deep, [ bingo, ok I am a true believer, now.]
lol