Insoles for your shoes??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I need to know if any people here put insoles in their shoes (i.e. remove the kind that came with the shoe and replace with a kind you can buy in a store)
I ask because the insoles in my new Doc Martens are crap, I've had the shoes for about six months now. Since I don't want to take them back, I've been thinking about buying a ritzy pair of insoles at REI(they are $30).
So I was wondering if anyone here had to do "adjustments" to their shoes too...and if you've bought insoles, what kind?
Thanks,
Mrs.Clayton

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

when i used to have to stand on my feet all day at work, i had those groovy gel insoles by dr. scholl's. they made my feet feel nice.
that's strange though...i've had my doc martens for six years now and they still feel really nice, even after wearing them to work for four years. i only had insoles in them cuz my feet were killing me after an hour and i needed extra support. but in terms of just wearing them to school, etc., they were great.

I have very high arches so I have to use inserts in some shoes...I use some really cool blue gel ones but I can't remember who makes them but I got them at a sporting goods store when I bought my running shoes. I would spend the $30 if they make your feet feel better, its worth it.

My Docs aren't the kind that have the leather insole, they are a cheaper material insole...they suck. My original pair of Docs are pretty comfy.
I have Spenco gel insoles, which are alright, but I was hoping there was something even better.
You've all given me ideas though.....

I generally dont change the insoles in my shoes but I might get some this weekend cos I have some problems with the tendon at the side of my knee and my doc recommended bouncy shoes.
Also need them since for some reason my CAT boots cut my feet to shreds (kind of)
Want cool councy gel ones!

------------------
Love is a very powerful thing. There's nothing more radical than two people loving each other. When I talk about love I'm thinking of an unselfish love. Emotions can be bought and sold just like anything else, but I think real love is about giving and not expecting anything in return...I think that love stands out when set against struggle.
-Bono (on love in 'War')

?*~darkcloud~*?

I got "Superfeet" insoles at REI...they are $30, but awesome!
I've had the gel ones before, they work for about an hour...hopefully these will add comfort for hours........

Cheapie docs huh? What kind of docs did you buy? (Just in case
wink.gif
)
I have Superfeet in my hikers and in my snowboard boots & I totally recommend them.

------------------
SlipStream Soul

Back
Top Bottom