Info-mmercials.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
TV info-mmercials........aren't they the worst.........{slicers, dicers, shredders, you too can become rich in real estate by buying my tapes, exercisers, rings and things}....but do we need them on Sunday mornings when I'm trying to catch up on all the political hoopla of the week.

Okay, what's your favorite info-mmercial if you have one at all.

:|

The only infomercials I really watch are the music-related ones, the ones for some compilation of some kind that might sound interesting, just 'cause I like hearing some of the songs that get played on there. It amuses me how the script is basically the same in all of them, too :p.

Angela

I don't get cable and often don't get much other than the three main networks, so often TV on weekend's is innundated with the infomercials or sports (especially the type I don't want to watch), neither which thrills me (I have the TV on for my down's syndrome aunt -- otherwise I would rarely turn it on).

I'm always amazed however, by the way what's being sold is always a crappy little product that will "revolutionalise your life!!!" and make you slim, fit, gorgeous, and rich. All for only three easy payments of $29.95!!

And apparently people buy the stuff too! :huh: :shrug:

The Ron Popeil food dehydrator infomercial from the early 1990s is a classic.

I hate infomercials.

Melon

BrownEyedBoy said:
Even though they're annoying I still watch them for some reason. I particularly enjoy the Bowflex one. If only my gym had one of those. :drool:

Hey, you can buy one on their flexible payment schedule of 12 easy payments..just give them your credit card number and voila.......it will be in your gym before you can say Bowflex.........:wink:

you can go buy those exercize machines at Sears and other places that sell exercize equipment. I don't understand why people would buy them off the tv and pay for shipping and all that and not even be able to test the thing out in person.

I turned one on today, and it was all about owning a franchise for Quizno's - that was different. Still doesn't make me want to invest my money there.

Back
Top Bottom