Indie Record Store Assholes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Suj-fan" :drool:

The bald guy that got shot is in those awful commercials for Sonic.

the garden state soundtrack is supposed to be indie-tastic. :lol:

MrBrau1 said:
Ha! That's "Other Music" in NYC isn't it? Right near Astor Place.

They're actually like that there.

I haven't watched the vid yet, but Other Music is a great shop. Lots of CDs, cheap! :drool:

BTW, Pitchfork is way overrated.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I saw it a few months ago on Stereogum. Funny stuff.

One of the guys is the comedian Aziz Ansari, can't remember who the other one is.

The other guy is really funny, I dont know what his name is either, but he comes out on the conan o'brien show in little funny sketches alot.

Popmartijn said:

BTW, Pitchfork is way overrated.

wasn't that kind of the point? pitchfork is a wasteland that only moronic and pretentious super-indie elitists actually pretend is a valued resource.

IWasBored said:
wasn't that kind of the point? pitchfork is a wasteland that only moronic and pretentious super-indie elitists actually pretend is a valued resource.

:hmm:

Maybe I should've watched that video then.

:happy:

IWasBored said:
Watchoo call me??
GrumpyWife.gif

IWasBored said:
pitchfork is a wasteland that only moronic and pretentious super-indie elitists actually pretend is a valued resource.

I'll take pretentious and elitist over bad taste any day of the week (I don't think it's possible to be both of those AND moronic at the same time, by the way). There isn't enough time in my life to listened to watered-down or redundant crap.

While Pitchfork is way too hard on a lot of bands and often come off sounding like they're just voicing a personal grudge, they also bring a lot of attention to great smaller bands that would never get that kind of publicity otherwise (e.g., Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah, The Arcade Fire).

Besides, even when they're making fun of bands I like, they're still pretty damned funny.

lazarus said:

I'll take pretentious and elitist over bad taste any day of the week (I don't think it's possible to be both of those AND moronic at the same time, by the way).

Fuck that.

I'll take ignorance over sanctimonious elitism any day.

Some dude who likes Green Day cause that's all he's ever heard is ten fold better than some shit who hates Green Day because he thinks he knows better.

Ignorance can be overcome. The other is a cancer.

They're enemies of music, and they shoud drink gasoline on the rocks.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:

Fuck that.

Some dude who likes Green Day cause that's all he's ever heard is ten fold better than some shit who hates Green Day because he thinks he knows better.

did you ever know that you're my hero?

even as somewhat of an elitist asshole (me, i mean), i say 3 cheers for mrbrau.

ha!!

well, if that was what we were talking about, i would have taken out the "somewhat."

houseohsnap.gif

Last edited:
agreed. when are you going to set out to create :grumpyohsnap:?

MrBrau1 said:

Fuck that.

Down the hatch!

I hate Green Day because I do know better, regardless of how many mainstream rock critics try to tell me about the genius of American Idiot (been there, done that). And really, we're not talking about high school kids and their "My First Band" infatuations, are we? We're talking about people who should have more eclectic tastes yet still listen to second-rate artists in genres where there is far better.

You're seriously undervaluing the pretentious music lover. If it wasn't for elitism we wouldn't have seen Dylan elevated to god-like status, with scholars pouring over even his most overt attempts at confusing the listening public. If it wasn't for elitism we wouldn't have a band like Pavement. What a sorry music world that would be.

Of course, many of the people rah-rahing your populist rant are probably failing to acknowledge that this is the same vantage point from which you vocally strike down Radiohead's post-OK Computer output.

So you can have your Green Day and lemonade, I'll take the gasoline and Kid A.

Back
Top Bottom