Indiana Jones vs. Han Solo - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Who's the fo-shizzlest?
Han Solo 44 47.83%
Indiana Jones 48 52.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2007, 02:39 AM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life
 
snowbunny00774's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: londonontario
Posts: 12,298
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
after looking up the definition of fo-shizzlest and being bribed by beav I vote for Han
Bastard - I didn't get a bribe
__________________

__________________
snowbunny00774 is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 05:48 AM   #77
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
LJT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Belfast
Posts: 5,039
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Come on admit, Han really does nothing of any use or significance in any of the Star Wars movies........he spends most of his time getting caught where as Indy spends his time kickin ass.
__________________

__________________
LJT is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 10:22 AM   #78
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
This was close for me, and for everyone bringing up Chewie, have you seen Temple of Doom?



"INDY! COVA YA HEART! COVA YA HEART INDY!"

"INDY! I RUV YOU!"

Indy loved Asian orphans long before Angelina Jolie, making him a true humanitarian.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 11:49 AM   #79
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Indy loved Asian orphans long before Angelina Jolie, making him a true humanitarian.
Maybe a little too much
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:42 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Ahhhhh all this debate and I still can't decide!!!

If I liked kids and had kids this would be like making me pick my favorite.


I do have a giant Indiana Jones poster hanging up in my room...but I wouldn't hesitate before buying a giant Han Solo one either...



Help me choose...wisely...
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 10:54 AM
*waves hand over computer*

"you WILL vote for Han"
__________________
bonocomet is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Ahhhhh all this debate and I still can't decide!!!

If I liked kids and had kids this would be like making me pick my favorite.


I do have a giant Indiana Jones poster hanging up in my room...but I wouldn't hesitate before buying a giant Han Solo one either...



Help me choose...wisely...
Go for Indy. You know you want to.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 07:54 PM
its a tough choice. i ended up voting for indy, but i cannot help thinking that han has the deeper personality.
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #84
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
Maybe a little too much
HEY, YOU CAH HIM DOCTA JONES!
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #85
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LJT
Come on admit, Han really does nothing of any use or significance in any of the Star Wars movies........he spends most of his time getting caught where as Indy spends his time kickin ass.
I find this post highly offensive.

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #86
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by snowbunny00774


Bastard - I didn't get a bribe
Hey - I offered to not send shrimp and lobster! You want the shrimp and lobster, fine. I'll hire a shrimp boat. Enjoy!
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
tpsreports2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Let's hug it out, bitch.
Posts: 4,351
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Han is a pimp
__________________
tpsreports2424 is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
angelordevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Inside a sound
Posts: 5,827
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
i cannot help thinking that han has the deeper personality.
Exactly.


Reason # 27527 to vote Han: Han is RELATABLE. Inside every single one of us lies an inner Han.

Deeply conflicted, Han is torn between his childish past and becoming a man. HAN IS REAL!

Negotiating the child/man transition is like walking a tightrope over a smelly swamp of past regrets, yet Han always does the right thing.

Don’t we all want to do the right thing? Don’t we all want to vote for Han?

VOTE HAN
__________________
angelordevil is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #89
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil


Exactly.


Reason # 27527 to vote Han: Han is RELATABLE. Inside every single one of us lies an inner Han.

Deeply conflicted, Han is torn between his childish past and becoming a man. HAN IS REAL!

Negotiating the child/man transition is like walking a tightrope over a smelly swamp of past regrets, yet Han always does the right thing.

Don’t we all want to do the right thing? Don’t we all want to vote for Han?

VOTE HAN
Where does the child/man part come into any of it?

To me, that describes Luke moreso than Han.

If you're talking about how he goes from a smuggler/scoundrel/scruffy-lookin' nerf herder to becoming an altruistic hero in the end, then I definitely agree.

Han's character goes through a bigger arc than Indy does, but Indy's greateat flaws make him more human of a character (fear of snakes, abandoment issues) than Han.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Plus, Indy is a mad playa'.

And he's got the better sense of humor than Han.
__________________

__________________
Lancemc is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com