Indiana Jones vs. Han Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the fo-shizzlest?

• Han Solo

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 48 52.2%

• Total voters
LemonMacPhisto said:

Where does the child/man part come into any of it?

:tsk:

LemonMacPhisto said:
If you're talking about how he goes from a smuggler/scoundrel/scruffy-lookin' nerf herder to becoming an altruistic hero in the end, then I definitely agree.

Oh, I'm talking about that...and more. His smuggling days were completely child-like and irresponsible.

There's another profound child/man connection. It's the vest. We've seen it many times in movie history, where the misunderstood, child-like character initially wears a vest, only to later ditch it for a full man-shirt, jacket, or blazer.

See:

235026.jpg

doc.jpg

han%20solo%20blaster.jpg

Return_of_the_jedi_1.jpg

When you ditch the vest, you pass the test. VOTE HAN.

So you try and dupe me into believing you by relating Han to Marty McFly? :tsk:

You win, you always do. That's why I come out here. Nature! Goulet!

I stated this elsewhere, but I for one thinks it needs repeating.

UberBeaver said:
1.) Han shot first.
2.) "Then I'll see you in Hell."
3.) "Laugh it up fuzzball."
4.) He was a scoundrel!
5.) Dude got frozen, shipped, thawed and still managed to kick much ass.

Need I go on?

Indy:
WAAAAH Snakes!
WAAAAH Rats!
WAAAAH, Dad!

So out of 3 films Han did only 5 memorable things tsk tsk

Indy could use a gun and a whip...he dressed far better, fought Nazis, supernatural forces, found the holy grail, met Hitler, got lots of women:drool:, gets captured and manages to save himself without the aid of pretty boy skywalker, most memorable boulder chase scene ever...I could go on....

Again Han did bugger all, he was just a bit of rough for the ladies and maybe his Wookie friend ( I hear rumours Chewbacca was meant to be female.........)

Indy pwns our souls Hanboys:wink:

LJT said:

Indy could use a gun and a whip...he dressed far better, fought Nazis, supernatural forces, found the holy grail, met Hitler, got lots of women:drool:, gets captured and manages to save himself without the aid of pretty boy skywalker, most memorable boulder chase scene ever...I could go on....

Again Han did bugger all, he was just a bit of rough for the ladies and maybe his Wookie friend ( I hear rumours Chewbacca was meant to be female.........)

Indy pwns our souls Hanboys:wink:

Uh, no I think not good sir....

Indy did find the Holy Grail and the Arc of the Covenant but he also LOST both of them as well. Good one Dr Jones...

And anybody can beat up Nazis, that is so passé, hell my grandmother beat up Nazis...

Han Solo fucks with the Imperial Fleet, the chase scene from Empire Strikes Back is worth an Oscar nomination at least!

Dude cut open a ton-ton (sp?) and stuffed Luke in there! His only mistake was taking him out... :wink:

LJT said:

oh boy....

6.) Broke into an Imperial Starship.
7.) Rescued a princess.
8.) Banged a princess.
9.) Shot down Jabba's henchmen - WHILE BLIND!
10.) Went down into the freeze chamber thing - eyes wide open, LIKE A GODDAMN MAN! He didn't start crying, "Don't look, WAHHH, WAHHH, they're gonna open the ark - close your eyes so the bad men don't see you, WAHHH!"
11.) Came back with all his money to help destroy the Death Star.

Come on, man. This is all off the top of my head. Don't make me go Google on your Indy loving ass.

12.) Was NOT named after a dog.

UberBeaver said:

oh boy....

6.) Broke into an Imperial Starship.
7.) Rescued a princess.
8.) Banged a princess.
9.) Shot down Jabba's henchmen - WHILE BLIND!
10.) Went down into the freeze chamber thing - eyes wide open, LIKE A GODDAMN MAN! He didn't start crying, "Don't look, WAHHH, WAHHH, they're gonna open the ark - close your eyes so the bad men don't see you, WAHHH!"
11.) Came back with all his money to help destroy the Death Star.

Come on, man. This is all off the top of my head. Don't make me go Google on your Indy loving ass.

12.) Was NOT named after a dog.

:love:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Dude cut open a ton-ton (sp?) and stuffed Luke in there! His only mistake was taking him out... :wink:

:lmao:

i guess Han does deserve credit for taking gaff from the whimpy Jedi :hmm:

but Indy has a better director :happy:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Uh, no I think not good sir....

Indy did find the Holy Grail and the Arc of the Covenant but he also LOST both of them as well. Good one Dr Jones...

And anybody can beat up Nazis, that is so passé, hell my grandmother beat up Nazis...

Han Solo fucks with the Imperial Fleet, the chase scene from Empire Strikes Back is worth an Oscar nomination at least!

All valid points.

Don't call it a comeback, Han's been here for years!

Indy does most things himself, anything good, Han ever did, he did with the fuzzball and the nerf herder Skywalker....

The Imperial Fleet are just nazis in space....soooo passe...Han could in no way beat Indy in a fight, his punches are weak and his aim is pretty dodgy.

Has Han ever had his younger self played by River Phoenix? Noooooooooooooooo...Indy wins woooooooohooooooo

LJT said:

Has Han ever had his younger self played by River Phoenix?

No, but that's probably because Han never lacked appeal that could be so cheaply bought by brining in some tenny-bopper boy toy sex symbol. Indy needed those impresionable young girls to succeed; Not Han - he appealed to royalty.

UberBeaver said:

No, but that's probably because Han never lacked appeal that could be so cheaply bought by brining in some tenny-bopper boy toy sex symbol. Indy needed those impresionable young girls to succeed; Not Han - he appealed to royalty.

Ahh but Indy appealed to real men as well:wink:

Me thinks alters are swaying this:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom