Indiana Jones vs. Han Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's the fo-shizzlest?

• Han Solo

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 48 52.2%

• Total voters
I see people rip set lists, I shut my mouth.

I see people rip Achtung Baby (Axver), I shut my mouth.

I see Red Sox fans on this site, I deal with it.

But, what in the fuck is going on here?????

How can anyone in their right mind choose Indy over Han Solo???? Good lord, have we all lost our minds?

Not only does Solo bang royalty, but he avoids imperial entanglements, basically telling "the man" to shove it up his ass. He gets frozen, people, FROZEN....and not too long after that he's once again kicking ass, saving Lando while basically blind. You try that. He does not believe in the force, but still finds it in himself to say "May the Force be with you" to Luke, cos he knows what's on the line.

Question: when's the last time you made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs? Yeah, I thought so.

He's friends with a Wookie. He looks good in a Stormtrooper outfit. He shot Greedo dead. He talked shit to Jabba in the updated version of Star Wars. He refuses to take any lip from 3P0. He goes from smuggler to General Solo faster than you can change your underwear. You won't go out if it's raining, he went out in a blizzard, at night, to save Luke.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT???????

I think I like Dr. Richard Kimble better than Indy, maybe that's the thread that ought to be hotly contested, cos this should be a landslide.

No spoken words said:

How can anyone in their right mind choose Indy over Han Solo???? Good lord, have we all lost our minds?

Not only does Solo bang royalty, but he avoids imperial entanglements, basically telling "the man" to shove it up his ass. He gets frozen, people, FROZEN....and not too long after that he's once again kicking ass, saving Lando while basically blind. You try that. He does not believe in the force, but still finds it in himself to say "May the Force be with you" to Luke, cos he knows what's on the line.

Question: when's the last time you made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs? Yeah, I thought so.

He's friends with a Wookie. He looks good in a Stormtrooper outfit. He shot Greedo dead. He talked shit to Jabba in the updated version of Star Wars. He refuses to take any lip from 3P0. He goes from smuggler to General Solo faster than you can change your underwear. You won't go out if it's raining, he went out in a blizzard, at night, to save Luke.

I think I like Dr. Richard Kimble better than Indy, maybe that's the thread that ought to be hotly contested, cos this should be a landslide.

The whip, baby. The whip renders everything you mention pointless. The whip rules. :sexywink:

elevated_u2_fan said:
Besides, Han has a better side kick, Chewbacca vs Sallah... No contest :tsk:

ThoraSEB said:
I like Indy, but there's just no comparison. Han kicks ass!

Okay, I'm officially throwing my weight behind the VOTE-FOR-HAN campaign. Beyond his sarcasm and witty one-liners, Han's long-term relationship with Chewbacca underscores his profound love of animals and tolerance of other cultures.

rebel4.jpg

The universe needs more Han, not less Han. VOTE HAN.

No spoken words said:

:love: You had me at I! :sexywink:

Come on admit, Han really does nothing of any use or significance in any of the Star Wars movies........he spends most of his time getting caught where as Indy spends his time kickin ass.

This was close for me, and for everyone bringing up Chewie, have you seen Temple of Doom?

Short_Round.jpg

"INDY! COVA YA HEART! COVA YA HEART INDY!"

"INDY! I RUV YOU!"

Indy loved Asian orphans long before Angelina Jolie, making him a true humanitarian.

Ahhhhh all this debate and I still can't decide!!!

If I liked kids and had kids this would be like making me pick my favorite.

I do have a giant Indiana Jones poster hanging up in my room...but I wouldn't hesitate before buying a giant Han Solo one either...:hmm:

:scream:

Help me choose...wisely...:wink:

U2democrat said:
Ahhhhh all this debate and I still can't decide!!!

If I liked kids and had kids this would be like making me pick my favorite.

I do have a giant Indiana Jones poster hanging up in my room...but I wouldn't hesitate before buying a giant Han Solo one either...:hmm:

:scream:

Help me choose...wisely...:wink:

Go for Indy. You know you want to. :yes:

its a tough choice. i ended up voting for indy, but i cannot help thinking that han has the deeper personality.

U2Man said:
i cannot help thinking that han has the deeper personality.

Exactly. :up:

Reason # 27527 to vote Han: Han is RELATABLE. Inside every single one of us lies an inner Han.

Deeply conflicted, Han is torn between his childish past and becoming a man. HAN IS REAL!

Negotiating the child/man transition is like walking a tightrope over a smelly swamp of past regrets, yet Han always does the right thing.

Don’t we all want to do the right thing? Don’t we all want to vote for Han?

:bonodrum: VOTE HAN :bonodrum:

angelordevil said:

Exactly. :up:

Reason # 27527 to vote Han: Han is RELATABLE. Inside every single one of us lies an inner Han.

Deeply conflicted, Han is torn between his childish past and becoming a man. HAN IS REAL!

Negotiating the child/man transition is like walking a tightrope over a smelly swamp of past regrets, yet Han always does the right thing.

Don’t we all want to do the right thing? Don’t we all want to vote for Han?

:bonodrum: VOTE HAN :bonodrum:

Where does the child/man part come into any of it?

To me, that describes Luke moreso than Han.

If you're talking about how he goes from a smuggler/scoundrel/scruffy-lookin' nerf herder to becoming an altruistic hero in the end, then I definitely agree.

Han's character goes through a bigger arc than Indy does, but Indy's greateat flaws make him more human of a character (fear of snakes, abandoment issues) than Han.

Back
Top Bottom