Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull discussion *spoilers* - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull discussion *spoilers*

I know I've been itching to discuss the movie without revealing anything to those who haven't seen it yet...so have at it!

Old 05-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
FULL FRONTAL MALE NUDITY !!!!!!!!!!!!

oops
that was Forgetting Sarah Marshall, sorry

Old 05-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Start the ball rolling U2dem (love your avatar by the way)...

What were some of your favorite moments?

The sequences that stand out the most for me right now were the ones surrounding Indy and Mutt's first meeting. The conversation at the American Graffiti style diner that turned into an all-out fight between the leather jacket kids and the jocks.

Indy: "Hit this guy right here....in the face...as hard as you can."
Mutt: "What? Who?"
Indy: "Joe College...right here....hit him now!"

And then the ensuing motorcycle chase THROUGH the campus. Thrilling. So much fun. The audience, myself included, ate it up.

"The key to being a good archaeologist....get out of the library!!!"

There were some great moments between Indy and Marion. The "They weren't you, honey" line and then Marion's smile afterward were just priceless.

Loved the re-introduction of Indy's fear of snakes.

I did feel that the last third of the movie slowed down slightly and was maybe the weakest part but.....

the moment at the very end where you think Mutt is gonna put on the fedora and Indy snatches it away from him.....

I could talk about this movie till I'm blue in the face so go on ahead....let's discuss....
Old 05-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
Bug
War Child

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Grab the rope.

(also, omgomgomg I loved it)
Old 05-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

I loved when he was sinking in the quicksand and they asked him what it was and he started giving a very academic answer....OMG he was just like my Dad at that moment (who is also an academic)

Then when they threw the snake to him and he flipped out, oh man that was hilarious!
"I think my feet are touching the bottom! Really!....Call it a rope!!!!"

Also a small reference to the Last Crusade when Indy says "This is intolerable!" that's what Sean Connery says at one point in the film (I think when he was stuck in the tank).

But yeah...when Mutt was about to put the hat on his head I was thinking "NO!!! DON'T PASS THE TORCH!!! THAT'S INDY'S!!!!!" and when he took it I cheered

Oh there was so much...when he started freaking out at the atomic test site, oh that was priceless. What else...so much...my mind is a blur thinking about it. I loved it all!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
Bug
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2democrat View Post
Oh there was so much...when he started freaking out at the atomic test site, oh that was priceless. What else...so much...my mind is a blur thinking about it. I loved it all!
The Mercury bit was brilliant wasn't it! Refrigerators FTW!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

And the G-force when he and the Russian were on that rocket thing......my mom just about peed herself laughing!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:10 AM
I didn't really like that first Area 51 scene at first. The dialogue seemed painfully cheesy, but maybe that's because I was seeing this with my sister and she didn't want to be there. But as soon as they walked in I was like...isn't the Ark in here somewhere? and my friend looked at me funny but, ignored my rambling. From the escape from the Russians on though, that scene was great, and I quickly forgot how old Harrison Ford had looked at first. I'm not gonna go scene by scene or anything, but I will say, I had so many doubts about this movie, especially because of the rumors that Shia was going to take over in another sequel. I was blown away by that (almost) last scene with the UFO taking off with Indy standing and watching...beautiful. I agree, it definitely seemed like that hat scene was Spielberg gently letting us know this is it. It was beautiful, nothing will beat Last Crusade for me, but this is probably my 2nd favorite now. My ONLY complaint was the very first scene, when my brother turned to me and went, "This isn't Indiana Jones," (he's only 7) I went, "No it's not " I was turned off by pop music being in it, but I realize they were trying ot get us to realize that time has gone by. I don't even care now, the rest of the movie more than made up for it.

Oh yeah, and today my sister couldn't stop talking about how great the movie was
Old 05-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
Bug
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2democrat View Post
And the G-force when he and the Russian were on that rocket thing......my mom just about peed herself laughing!
Hah I went with my mom too. We just about hemorrhaged our brains laughing the moment the rocket timer started. Great great great chain reaction scene.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

I was also worried about the cheesy dialogue at the very beginning, but you're right, as soon as they walked into the warehouse it started getting much sharper
Old 05-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:10 AM
I liked seeing Dr. Jan Itor make an appearance, Mac was awesome and Mutt was not the Jar Jar I was afraid of.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 11:10 AM
The quicksand/revelation/rubber snake scene was possibly my favorite of the whole movie.

Indy + Marion = tru love
Old 05-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:10 AM
I liked it when the Russians were chasing the motorcycle, and Indy jumped off the motorcycle, into the car, beat up a few guys, crawled out of the car and back onto the motorcycle again! The audience was cheering over that.

Yeah, the quicksand scene was hilarious. And having Shia LeBouf (sp?) frequently combing back his hair was also good.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
I liked seeing Dr. Jan Itor make an appearance, Mac was awesome and Mutt was not the Jar Jar I was afraid of.
When "Janitor" came on the screen I almost blurted out "IT'S JANITOR!!!!"

You're right about the Jar Jar-Mutt comparison...I didn't think of it that way but that's essentially what I was afraid of. Thankfully, Mutt was no Jar Jar, and that was confirmed when Indy snatched the hat from him

Pearl-I also loved that part in the motorcycle chase scene, his trying to get back on the bike was hysterical The whole movie was just so good
Old 05-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:10 AM
I keep thinking more and more that I need to see this, especially with the appearance of Marion. I loved her when I saw the first one back when it came out.

Tags
indiana jones