Indiana Jones 4, May 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Count me in as hopeful.

I'm about to watch Temple of Doom on DVD, and watched Raiders this morning. I got the set two years ago for Christmas, and um ... I'm a little behind on my DVD watching. :reject:

corianderstem said:
Count me in as hopeful.

I'm about to watch Temple of Doom on DVD, and watched Raiders this morning. I got the set two years ago for Christmas, and um ... I'm a little behind on my DVD watching. :reject:

I watched Raiders last night.

The only one that's dated to me is Temple of Doom.

I really don't think Indy IV would suck, it's almost impossible.

Its about time! :grumpy:

Haven't we been waiting for this since...well, since a long time?

I too am cautiously optimistic. Anyways, they'd better get busy before Harrison Ford gets even older. lol.

LemonMacPhisto said:

The only one that's dated to me is Temple of Doom.

Yeah, it is. It's so dark and gory. I remember when it came out, it was in the very early days of the PG-13 rating, and it was a big deal.

It's got its moments, but GOD is Kate Capshaw annoying. Easily the worst of the three female leads.

They need to find someone more in the vein of Karen Allen for the next one. Strong and feisty, not annoying and screamy (Willie Scott), and not completely bland and forgettable (Elsa whoever in the third movie).

I'm hoping to god this turns out to be halfway decent. I just can't help but be afraid, though... the Lucas of today is mighty different from the Lucas of 1981.

And WTF at the Natalie Portman casting. I really hope the rumor of her being his "daughter" turns out to be false.

corianderstem said:

Yeah, it is. It's so dark and gory. I remember when it came out, it was in the very early days of the PG-13 rating, and it was a big deal.

It's got its moments, but GOD is Kate Capshaw annoying. Easily the worst of the three female leads.

They need to find someone more in the vein of Karen Allen for the next one. Strong and feisty, not annoying and screamy (Willie Scott), and not completely bland and forgettable (Elsa whoever in the third movie).

Spielberg was responsible for the creation of the PG-13 rating BECAUSE of Temple of Doom.

I've heard rumors of Natalie Portman being in Indy IV, she'd be kickass.

If Indy had a daughter, I'd want it to be Natalie.

If he had a son, I'd want it to be Nathan Fillion.

Now that guy is a badass.

"I'm Bill Pardy"

Well... I don't know. Natalie's personality just rubs me the wrong way. I liked her in Leon, but that's pretty much it. I think it would be mega-cheesy to cast her as Indy's daughter, but then again, I loved Sean Connery as Indy's dad... so I'm probably contradicting myself. LOL.

I'm kind of torn on this one. I am a huge Harrison Ford fan, or at least I used to be...
His recent movie roles have been boring. He has basically played the same character in everything he's been in...
I really think he has Oscar potential; he just always seems to pick the same type of movie lately. I will say that he was awesome in Patriot Games (not so much in Clear and Present Danger) and the Fugitive...

Still, as long as Lucas takes it easy on the CG and Spielberg doesn't go all touchy-feely with the script it could be alright I guess.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low so as not to be disappointed as Indiana Jones is one of my favorite characters (along with Han Solo)...

For the record, Raiders is the best of the three... The part where he pulls out his gun and shoots the guy with the sword - I love the look on his face - priceless...

So it is true...a 4th Indiana Jones movie...well in that case bring it on.

LemonMacPhisto said:
If Indy had a daughter, I'd want it to be Natalie.

If he had a son, I'd want it to be Nathan Fillion.

Now that guy is a badass.

"I'm Bill Pardy"

:love: Nathan Fillion in an Indiana Jones movie would be freaking awesome.

~"What does that make us?"
--"Big Damn Heroes, sir."
~"Ain't we just"

Tentative working title is "Indiana Jones and the Geritol of Doom"

Plotline: Now that it affects him directly, Indy searches for the mystical answer to Social Security reform.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom