Indiana Jones 4, May 2008 - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
No Sean Connery? Too bad. So is Indiana's father not a part of this movie at all, or did they get another actor ?
Roger Moore is gonna play Henry Jones Sr. in this installment.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
LOL! What, Timothy Dalton wasn't available?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Is he really? That's pretty friggen awesome.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #79
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:20 AM
I was hoping for George Lazenby.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Daniel Craig as Indy Jr maybe ?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 PM
I agree Munich is his best after Ryan but...

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I guess it goes back to watch I said in your thread about The 3 Most Anticipated Movies, I haven't been impressed with Post-Saving Private Ryan Spielberg other than Munich.
Minority Report ? A. I. ?

Catch me if you can (about as close as we're going to get to the old-school Spielberg post Schindler's list) ? Solid movie.

I think the weak link is Terminal, tied with War of the worlds (saved only by Tim Robbins and the girl acting as Tom's daughter). Overall I think he's gotten better since 1993.

As for CGI, I don't think we'll be outdoing War of the worlds, or even Jurassic Park.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #82
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Tim Robbins saved War of the Worlds?

I think War of the Worlds would've been a better James Cameron flick than Spielberg. Call me crazy, but it would've been ten times better.

Catch Me If You Can was decent, nothing too spectacular.

The only Post-Private Ryan Spielberg flick that has blown me away was Munich. The rest were decent or good, not what I'd expect from a director of his caliber.

Like I said above, I will rewatch Minority Report and A.I. soon. I hope to prove myself wrong.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

War of the Worlds was a travesty. It completely ignored or outright contradicted all the aspects that made the novel such a brilliant work of science fiction. Far and away my least favorite Spielberg film.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

War of the Worlds suffered for going out of its way to include the homage to the barn scene from the original film. The entire portion with Tim Robbins was unnecessary and just killed the momentum of the film.

However, for visual effects and the sheer visceral action sequences of the invasion, it's hard to top the War of the Worlds remake.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #85
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Have you seen 1941? That's Spielberg's attempt at comedy with almost half the cast of the original SNL Not Ready for Primetime players. That movie's horrible.

War of the Worlds is up there, though. The Tim Robbins scenes and the "IF YOU LOVE ME DAD, YOU'LL LET ME GO OVER THE HUGE EXPLODING AREA OF DEATH BEYOND THAT HILL." Do you agree that it would've been a better Cameron movie?

Also, I don't get all of the hating on Hook. I really like that movie. Well, I can't stand Julia Roberts' part, but that's besides the point. It's not a bad movie.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I hope this thing rocks.

Temple of Doom-annoying really. Still there are some enteretaining parts for sure.

The Last Crusade-saw this about 8 months ago or whatever for the first time since it first came out. Stands up really well over time, pretty fucking good in every way.

Raiders-it could be easily argued that, all things considered, this is the best film ever made.

as for Spielberg and his latest output, I was ready to express a little bit of dissapointment until U2girl reminded me of Minority Report and AI, I really liked both of those movies, I thought AI was tremendous and maybe the most subtle movie he's ever made. Originally it was supposed to be a Kubrick film, had he made the exact same film, it would be lauded by the art house crowd.

I thought Munich was excellent, and I really liked Catch Me if You Can.

He's really only made two bad films since Schindler's List.
Meaning, unquestionable critical and/or commercial failures and that would be Amistad and The Terminal.

He's still probably the best. Sorta like the Beatles or something, it's too easy to call them the best so people will invent reasons to find flaws and then pick a more trendy hipster filmmaker. Yeha, I like some of those dudes as well but fucking watch Jaws again, I dare ya. Close Encounters of the Third Kind, fuckign amazing. These films are timeless. And they were nearly 30 years ago, the list goes on and on....

Fuck ET, never watched it.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

It's hard to say whether or not War of the Worlds would have been a better Cameron movie. If nothing else Tom Cruise wouldn't have been in it. The biggest problem with the movie is the script. It's a disgrace. And I'd say I'd like to believe Cameron wouldn't produce such a lousy script, but before this film I would have said the same thing about Spielberg.

But the one big plus about Spielberg doing it instead is that Cameron got to start work on Avatar and Battle Angel.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #88
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Let's say Cameron penned the script, it would be perfect.

The unlikely hero is already there, he would've made it believable. Bill Paxton would've been somehow involved. The necessary tension missing in that movie would've been in there tenfold.

Definitely right about Avatar and Battle Angel, though
Old 06-09-2007, 11:01 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict

If Cameron penned the script he would have at least tried to stay true to the themes of the novel, so yeah, it would have been perfect. Plus it probably would have been in 3-D. Fucking awesome.

And I bet he would have included the two most awesome scenes from the novel and updated them: The battleship Warchild fighting 3 tripods in the foggy Bay, and the tripod blasting the river with the heat ray as the main character is crossing it, flash boiling everyone in sight.

Can you imagine a motion picture representation of those scenes??? They were MADE for the movies!
Old 06-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #90
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

It probably would've been the best sci-fi/action flick ever, dethroning T2.

I think Spielberg was trying to blend the '50s movie and the novel together, and it just didn't work out that well. My biggest gripe was the virtual non-involvement of the military. If the story was going to focus solely on Tom Cruise and his family, keep it there, but it flirts with getting involved in the military aspect that never pans out.

That movie gives me a headache just thinking about it.