Indiana Jones 4, May 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell me about it. The more I think about it the more I hate it. Possibly the biggest act of literary murder that script commited was eliminating the Preist and the Artilleryman from the story, and blending their purposes into one useless insane survivalist played by Tim Robbins. Way to fuck up the entire human element of the story douche-bags.

But to Spielberg's credit, the one thing he did flawlessly in War of the Worlds was bring the alien tripods to life. I couldn't have imagined a better screen vision of those machines. The sound design surrounding them was mindblowing too.

That said, everything else about them and the aliens was a complete fuck-up too, meaning the arrival of the aliens, the aliens themselves, and human responce to them, etc...

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but that same writer wrote the accepted draft of Indy IV.

:sigh:

Here's his writing filmography:

Toy Soldiers
Death Becomes Her
Jurassic Park
The Paper
The Shadow
Mission: Impossible
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Stir of Echoes
Panic Room
Spider-Man
Secret Window
War of the Worlds
Zathura

he's also in talks to write Spidey 4, but wow, there are some good movies and some clunkers on that list.

Good things there's not a whole lot of depth to the Indy films. I think he'll do a good job. If he did JP, M:I, and Spider-Man, I'll keep the faith.

I think so, too.

I can't believe George Lucas rejected a Frank Darabont script though.

HE DID FUCKING SHAWSHANK, LUCAS! SHAWSHANK!

That, George Lucas has pretty much lost his mind at this point.

We do get to look forward to Darabont's The Mist soon though. :drool:

*prays King and Abrams eventually give Darabont the Dark Tower project too* :pray:

I'd quite literaly give my right testicle to make that happen. No lie.

I think Lucas was too busy trying to make a super 3-D archival cut of Star Wars with Jar-Jar replacing every character in the original trilogy. You know, just to fuck with every fan of the greatest trilogy ever.

The Mist, fuck yes. :drool:

If Darabont does Dark Tower, I'll have to go to a midnight show.

I know King has said several times he originally talked about doing the project with Darabont, but went with Abrams instead because Darabont is so busy right now. But by the time this project is ready to get off the ground, I think and hope Frank is ready for something new, and that Abrams isn't too proud to give it to a more experienced and familiar director.

I think Abram's involvement will hinge on his success with Star Trek.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Tim Robbins saved War of the Worlds? :lol:

Yes. Along with Dakota Fanning.

Maybe "saved" is a bit of a strong word but they were by far the best thing about the movie, acting wise. The visual and sound effects though :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but that same writer wrote the accepted draft of Indy IV.

:sigh:

Here's his writing filmography:

Toy Soldiers
Death Becomes Her
Jurassic Park
The Paper
The Shadow
Mission: Impossible
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Stir of Echoes
Panic Room
Spider-Man
Secret Window
War of the Worlds
Zathura

he's also in talks to write Spidey 4, but wow, there are some good movies and some clunkers on that list.
He's batting about 3 for 13 there...not too good.
Hopefully Roger Moore can save the film.

U2DMfan said:

He's really only made two bad films since Schindler's List.
Meaning, unquestionable critical and/or commercial failures and that would be Amistad and The Terminal.

He's still probably the best.

Ah, Amistad. I never watched that, is it bad ? Probably the only Spielberg movie since Jaws I didn't see yet.

Certainly my favourite director. Best ? Hard to say.

U2girl said:

Yes. Along with Dakota Fanning.

Maybe "saved" is a bit of a strong word but they were by far the best thing about the movie, acting wise. The visual and sound effects though :up:

He was probably my least favorite part of that movie, and that's really saying something.

Back
Top Bottom