indiana jones!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
ive been watching the 3 indy movies this week, and i love every minute of them. they make me feel like a little boy again. granted, theyre full of mistakes, historically etc., but it is impossible to ignore all the energy and fun in these movies! there is a reason harrison ford was my childhood hero, i mean, come on, the guy was indy AND han solo!:wink:

and while star wars movies are comparable to each other, (empire no1, jedi no2, hope no3 [my opinion]) indy movies are just so incredible that i cant even choose between them!

cant wait for indy 4!!!!:hyper:

also, this picture from star wars was just hilarious, you have to see it!

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1360/Mptv/1360/3748_0157.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Ford, Harrison (I)

lets see the love :wink:

Indiana Jones is, I suspect, the reason I became a history major.
:up:

I pray every day they won't make Indy 4 though, Ford's just too old and neither Spielberg or Lucas can write an adventure script anymore.

unosdostres14 said:
"I became an archaeologist to lead a life just like Indiana Jones'."

:lmao:

for some reason that just cracked me up...

about indy 4 though.. i dunno, i think itd be interesting.. and i cant get enough of these stuff anyway :wink:

I can remember watching the original Indiana Jones in the theater. At least three or four times I thought, "Wow, what a wild ride - this is almost over." And then, the movie took another exciting turn!

Then they built the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland and I said, "At last, I can be Indy!!" :)

I have a really funny story about that ride.

I bought the DVD boxed set last year, and I hate to say it, but Temple of Doom gets worse each time I see it. It's embarrassingly bad. I don't know how people can criticize Lucas's new Star Wars films and not see the flaws in this one. Well actually, I do, as people tend to glorify things from their youth and overlook the shortcomings, while they are cynically overcritical about new things they experience as adults. The third one is an improvement but in my opinion it's still not even close to Raiders. Connery breathed some life back into the series.

Lucas has already rejected one Indy IV screenplay by Frank Darabont because he didn't feel it was right so they're not just going to slum through this one. Unfortunately, Harrison Ford hasn't turned in a lively performance SINCE Last Crusade, so they still have their work cut out for them in that area. And if they get some young star to play his son or something it's just going to make it worse.

laz

Raiders Of The Lost Ark is one of my favorite movies of all time.

And a brilliant title, too. I don't understand why they have to have "Indiana Jones and" before the names...

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK
THE TEMPLE OF DOOM
THE LAST CRUSADE

^^those are all great titles, but lose something with the francise tag.

AvsGirl41 said:
Indiana Jones is, I suspect, the reason I became a history major.

I pray every day they won't make Indy 4 though, Ford's just too old and neither Spielberg or Lucas can write an adventure script anymore.

I agree...

I'm afraid that if they do make the Indy 4 (it's been suspect for years now), they'll somehow create an Indiana Jones Jr. and show them riding off into the sunset (very much like Indy III), thereby opening up a whole slew of new Indiana Jones movies. Maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but I think about the TV series they did back in the 90s and I wonder....

Moonie :D

moon_is_playing_tricks said:

Do tell!

It's one of my favorite rides at D'land. ;) Haven't been in a while, but yeah.

:laugh:

It was the first year it opened. I had bought one of the fedoras from the Indy cart and my sister and I went to ride it for probably the fifth time that day. And we got in a jeep with this enormous family that took up the whole car except for us. Sarah and I got seperated, because two of the kids decided they were scared and needed to switch, so I ended up in the driver's seat and she ended up in the back.

I made some lame joke like "Hey, does it matter that I don't have my license?" (I think I was 14) and no one in the jeep smiled back, so I said something dumb like "Ok then," took off my fedora and pretended to start the jeep and drive it. Naturally the wheel doesn't turn, so I got pretty bored and quit playing.

We hit the part where the ball comes rolling down and I was just sitting back in my seat when the mother grabs me and starts shaking me. "DEAR GOD START THE CAR OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" She's hysterical! So I go "Uhhh...ok," and reach under to the "ignition" and pretend to start the car--and right then it jump starts and drives away!! "THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!"

When we got off the ride, she stopped me and said "Oh my, I was just so frightened and you were just sitting there! Thank goodness you restarted the car!" I put my fedora on and said something like "Well, I do what I can" and ran off. :laugh: She was dead serious! She had totally bought the whole ride and apparently believed they had 14 year olds in fedoras controlling the jeeps.

AvsGirl41 said:

:laugh:

It was the first year it opened. I had bought one of the fedoras from the Indy cart and my sister and I went to ride it for probably the fifth time that day. And we got in a jeep with this enormous family that took up the whole car except for us. Sarah and I got seperated, because two of the kids decided they were scared and needed to switch, so I ended up in the driver's seat and she ended up in the back.

I made some lame joke like "Hey, does it matter that I don't have my license?" (I think I was 14) and no one in the jeep smiled back, so I said something dumb like "Ok then," took off my fedora and pretended to start the jeep and drive it. Naturally the wheel doesn't turn, so I got pretty bored and quit playing.

We hit the part where the ball comes rolling down and I was just sitting back in my seat when the mother grabs me and starts shaking me. "DEAR GOD START THE CAR OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" She's hysterical! So I go "Uhhh...ok," and reach under to the "ignition" and pretend to start the car--and right then it jump starts and drives away!! "THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!"

When we got off the ride, she stopped me and said "Oh my, I was just so frightened and you were just sitting there! Thank goodness you restarted the car!" I put my fedora on and said something like "Well, I do what I can" and ran off. :laugh: She was dead serious! She had totally bought the whole ride and apparently believed they had 14 year olds in fedoras controlling the jeeps.

I swear, it takes all kinds. LOL!

Awesome story, by the way. :D

With how you were leading into the story, I thought you were going to say something about your fedora flying off and your friend catching it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom