indiana jones!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2005, 09:03 PM   #16
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)
Local Time: 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41
Then they built the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland and I said, "At last, I can be Indy!!"

I have a really funny story about that ride.
Do tell!

It's one of my favorite rides at D'land. Haven't been in a while, but yeah.

Moonie

Old 04-24-2005, 10:10 PM   #17
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by moon_is_playing_tricks

Do tell!

It's one of my favorite rides at D'land. Haven't been in a while, but yeah.

Moonie

It was the first year it opened. I had bought one of the fedoras from the Indy cart and my sister and I went to ride it for probably the fifth time that day. And we got in a jeep with this enormous family that took up the whole car except for us. Sarah and I got seperated, because two of the kids decided they were scared and needed to switch, so I ended up in the driver's seat and she ended up in the back.

I made some lame joke like "Hey, does it matter that I don't have my license?" (I think I was 14) and no one in the jeep smiled back, so I said something dumb like "Ok then," took off my fedora and pretended to start the jeep and drive it. Naturally the wheel doesn't turn, so I got pretty bored and quit playing.

We hit the part where the ball comes rolling down and I was just sitting back in my seat when the mother grabs me and starts shaking me. "DEAR GOD START THE CAR OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" She's hysterical! So I go "Uhhh...ok," and reach under to the "ignition" and pretend to start the car--and right then it jump starts and drives away!! "THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!"

When we got off the ride, she stopped me and said "Oh my, I was just so frightened and you were just sitting there! Thank goodness you restarted the car!" I put my fedora on and said something like "Well, I do what I can" and ran off. She was dead serious! She had totally bought the whole ride and apparently believed they had 14 year olds in fedoras controlling the jeeps.

Old 04-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #18
Refugee

Location: Belmont Shore, CA (I prefer flying a kite at the beach, really.)

Quote:
Originally posted by AvsGirl41

It was the first year it opened. I had bought one of the fedoras from the Indy cart and my sister and I went to ride it for probably the fifth time that day. And we got in a jeep with this enormous family that took up the whole car except for us. Sarah and I got seperated, because two of the kids decided they were scared and needed to switch, so I ended up in the driver's seat and she ended up in the back.

I made some lame joke like "Hey, does it matter that I don't have my license?" (I think I was 14) and no one in the jeep smiled back, so I said something dumb like "Ok then," took off my fedora and pretended to start the jeep and drive it. Naturally the wheel doesn't turn, so I got pretty bored and quit playing.

We hit the part where the ball comes rolling down and I was just sitting back in my seat when the mother grabs me and starts shaking me. "DEAR GOD START THE CAR OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!" She's hysterical! So I go "Uhhh...ok," and reach under to the "ignition" and pretend to start the car--and right then it jump starts and drives away!! "THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!"

When we got off the ride, she stopped me and said "Oh my, I was just so frightened and you were just sitting there! Thank goodness you restarted the car!" I put my fedora on and said something like "Well, I do what I can" and ran off. She was dead serious! She had totally bought the whole ride and apparently believed they had 14 year olds in fedoras controlling the jeeps.
I swear, it takes all kinds. LOL!

Awesome story, by the way.

With how you were leading into the story, I thought you were going to say something about your fedora flying off and your friend catching it.

Moonie