Indian food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dandy said:
i don't know why they call it butter chicken when there's no butter in it.
There is generally quite a lot of butter in it actually--the sauce is not literally "based" on butter, but is heavily enriched with it, hence the name.

i made tandoori the other night and it was so nice. with basmati.

butter chicken is great. with basmati.

and korma. with um...basmati. :up: steamed basmati :drool: i love plain rice. I think I was born in the wrong country. :drool:

Kashmiri Chicken - which is cooked in a cream sauce with fruits and spices or Chicken Korma...Mmmmmm

Butter chicken however is the way to go - especially for a first timer!

I'm leaving for London in a few weeks and can hardly wait to get my Indian food fill....yummmers

Last time I had Indian food, I went a bit overboard. Everything was just so damn good :drool:

wow I would have thought this thread would have dropped to page 10 by now.

It was a lunch buffet that I had. So I (with the assitance of two of my Indian coworkers) had a very mild meal. I had the butter chicken. That was very tasty. I also had some rice patti looking thing and dipped it in some lentil soup. That was also very tasty. I had some fried potatoes which reminded me of KFC french fries. :lol: What little spices I did eat, helped open up my sinuses! :up:

I had a mango custard (not sure of the real name) that had fruit mixed in. That was really good too.

All in all it was a good experience, but I was told this was not a great resturant and was told that the dishes I had were a mixture of different regions. Then it became a pissing match over which part of India was "crazier".

Last edited:
Biryani (sp) is basmati rice that often comes with chicken, shrimp, lamb or vegetarian. It might have some nuts or even raisins in it. Very mild, and you'll recognize all the ingredients. If you like rice, I think it's a good choice for someone who likes mildly spiced foods.

yolland said:

There is generally quite a lot of butter in it actually--the sauce is not literally "based" on butter, but is heavily enriched with it, hence the name.
Put the butter in at the last minute and just melt it in, otherwise the curry becomes oily. The ideal situation is when the butter chicken makes your pupils dilate due to the utter richness of the curry :wink:

I just like a vindaloo with spiced rice and some naan ~ chilli preserve, chutney and yogurt go without saying, it may be a mish mash of goan/portugese and north indian but damn it all tastes delicious.

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

1perv.gif

Back
Top Bottom