India in Pakistan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
This is going to be one heck of a series, as always.

INDIA MATCH SCHEDULE:

Jan 7-9: Pakistan A at Lahore
Jan 13-17: 1st Test at Lahore
Jan 21-25: 2nd Test at Faisalabad
Jan 29-Feb 2: 3rd Test at Karachi

Feb 6: 1st ODI at Peshawar
Feb 11: 2nd ODI at Rawalpindi
Feb 13: 3rd ODI (D/N) at Lahore
Feb 16: 4th ODI (D/N) at Multan
Feb 19: 5th ODI at Karachi

I'm going for a split Test series and a 3-2 India ODI series.

Pretty impressive first 2 days from Pakistan. Four of their batsmen got centuries!

cleazer said:
Pretty impressive first 2 days from Pakistan. Four of their batsmen got centuries!

And one poor sod got out on 199!

yertle-the-turtle said:
I actually saw that dismissal. It was a run out. Awful way to go.
A runout that Afridi admits was all his fault, not Younis Khan's!

And Afridi gets 27 off one over!

Seriously that's a horrific pitch to bowl on. India are now 132 without loss, with bad light suspending play.

In other words, this match is going to be drawn unless there's a big collapse in the Indian order if they do come back on.

I'm looking for video of it.

Or at least a picture of Harbhajan's face when he got smacked.

Sehwag is doing well in the Indian response but they could only play 15 overs today. I like all these stupidly high scoring matches but sadly this one will be a draw.

yertle-the-turtle said:
sadly this one will be a draw.
They may not even bother
emot_zzz.gif

Opener Virender Sehwag said the Lahore pitch was the best he had played on as India ended day four of the first Test against Pakistan on 403-0.

Sehwag and partner Rahul Dravid are just 10 runs short of equalling the highest first-wicket stand in Tests.

Sehwag, who smashed the second-fastest Test double ton in his 247 not out, said: "I have played a lot of cricket but this is the best track to bat on.

"The ball is coming onto the bat and there is no movement for the bowlers."

Sehwag was only told how close Dravid and himself were to the world record, set in 1955-56 by India's Vinoo Mankad and Pankaj Roy, when they returned to the dressing room.

He said the weather-affected Test would definitely end in a draw because, including Pakistan's 679-7, a total of 1,082 runs have now been scored for the loss of just seven wickets.

"Tuesday will be another practice day for the batsmen because it will be a drawn match," Sehwag added.

He was unhappy the pitch would not produce a result.

"It is the prerogative of the home side to prepare the pitch," Sehwag said.

"We are ready to play on any wicket but such wickets are not good for cricket."

I quite agree with Virender, here. The big runs have been entertaining but it's getting slightly preposterous. Hopefully there'll be a better pitch prepared at Faisalabad.

the history reads

in 60 years of test matches between the two nations

india has won 7 test matches

pakistan has won 9 test matches

there have been 33 (!) draws between the two countries

Some entertaining hitting by Pakistan. Afridi's very fun to watch, especially, and Younis, Yousuf, Inzy and Shoaib had decent knocks.

Also Harbhajan would have looked a right tit if he'd injured himself celebrating that Shoaib wicket.

That Pathan hat-trick was something.

I remember thinking when Yousuf came out that it wasn't bloody likely, but then BAM!

Crap, Razzaq just got Sachin. 56-4. Unbelievable.

pathetic batting by the indians...considering our selectors even left out rana naved..and kaneria didnt even bowl...
faisal played well alittle slow since we'r used to seeing afridi...and besides everyone contibuted...have two days to get the indians out...am sure we can do it...esp with the way asif bowled in the first innings

we did win a series in india in 99...well kinda...cause u see we played three tests...and lost one and won two...but that didnt count as a series win cause the last match was the opening match of the asian test championship

acrobat and yertle.. u guys sound like the indian media:lol:

Last edited:
Very boring ODI today, unfortunately. Some silly run-outs, horrific fielding ("are we in Sri Lanka watching the U-19s" - Mikey Holding) and the target was really too low to bother the Indians.

Salman Butt must be very annoyed with Irfan Pathan. 3rd time in 4 games he's taken him for a duck. OK, he made a century in the first ODI but Pathan seems to have the Indian sign over him (no pun).

Back
Top Bottom