Incubus - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:57 AM
Incubus

I've liked them casually for four or five years, and have two of their albums- Make Yourself and Morning View.

Lately since looking up their videos on youtube and seeing the "extra-curricular" stuff out there, I'm realizing what a great band they are.

I wonder why they haven't had more critical success. Yes they've had some, but the more I see of them, they more I think they're underrated.

I even found an interview with their singer saying he first saw U2 in 2002 and was very impressed and inspired with the class they bring to the world of rock'n'roll.

Too bad they're a little too far along now to open for U2. That would be a cool show.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
War Child

wow, no one here likes them?

Old 06-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:57 PM
I like some of their songs, but don't own any of their CDs. "Drive" is an excellent song, so is "I wish you were here"
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 08:57 PM
I like Incubus but admit to not having cds other than Make Yourself and Morning View. they've faded a bit since then. I enjoyed seeing them live though, good show.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:57 PM
Incubus is cool. A Crow Left of the Murder is underrated, but their latest Light Grenades is mediocre. It has a few good tracks though...Dig sounds a lot like U2. Morning View is excellent. Those are the three albums I have...I like them a lot
Old 06-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:57 PM
I didn´t like Light Grenades so much. It ha two or three decent songs but the rest of it is just forgettable.

What´s the extracurricular stuff you talk about?
Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

I was forced to listen to them a lot when I worked at Papa John's a couple years ago. Drove me absolutely nuts. Every song sounded exactly the same, and none of it was good.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

I've never liked a complete album of their's and there's nothing mind-blowing about them but I do love some of their songs, I've been playing "Wish You Were Here" a lot lately .
Old 06-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #9
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
I didn´t like Light Grenades so much. It ha two or three decent songs but the rest of it is just forgettable.

What´s the extracurricular stuff you talk about?
Searching youtube will turn up some good interviews with their singer, an hourlong unplugged set by them that I was really impressed by; also live collaborations with 2/3 of the Police (sans Sting) and another with Gwen Stefani.... also lots of good fan videos, amateur musicians (with talent!) covering them...

Another thing that really impresses me about them is that they fuse rock and hiphop tastefully and successfully- I'm a big fan of both genres, but most attempts to mix them leave ALOT to be desired.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Ah fuck man Popa John's is great pizza
Old 06-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Despite that being my least favorite job ever, i still can't resist a good Papa John's pie every now and then.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 AM   #12
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
I was forced to listen to them a lot when I worked at Papa John's a couple years ago. Drove me absolutely nuts. Every song sounded exactly the same, and none of it was good.

However much you dislike them, I don't know how it could possibly all sound the same. They've got alot of variety.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:34 AM   #13
The Fly

Local Time: 12:57 PM
I've been a big fan of Incubus for many years and I have all their albums, all their officially released live concert cd's, dvd's, plus a few bootlegs and some really nice acoustic individual songs.

Their live stuff is awesome, Brandon and the boys are absolute jokers are stage and can go off into the most random tunes, let alone their warped sense of humour. I've seen them live twice when they've toured here in recent years.

I prefer their earlier albums, up to and including Morning View, which I feel is an almost complete album .... the exception being Aqueous Transmission. Probably their most mellow album, but it is their most well known, which is a shame, because I believe their previous release of Make Yourself is by far their best.
Once again, this album contains one outrageous song, in Battlestar Scralatchtica, but the rest show Incubus at their very best. Privilege, Consequence, The Warmth, Make Yourself, Stellar, Clean, the ever so beautiful I Miss You and of course the song that started it all for them commercially, Pardon Me.

Their songs contain brilliant thought provoking lyrics which are enhanced by Boyd's fabulous voice. Mike Einziger is a very underrated guitarist as well.

If you like their music, go see them live ....... and experience the crowd going off when they break into Certain Shade of Green. Wow, that one will knock your socks off, as will Make Yourself, Pardon Me and Meglomaniac.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #14
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
...Dig sounds a lot like U2. Morning View is excellent.
Too true! Anyone here who thinks they dislike them should go look those up- (Dig is a song, Morning View is an album.)
Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 AM   #15
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Sibley
I've been a big fan of Incubus for many years and I have all their albums, all their officially released live concert cd's, dvd's, plus a few bootlegs and some really nice acoustic individual songs.

Their live stuff is awesome, Brandon and the boys are absolute jokers are stage and can go off into the most random tunes, let alone their warped sense of humour. I've seen them live twice when they've toured here in recent years.

I prefer their earlier albums, up to and including Morning View, which I feel is an almost complete album .... the exception being Aqueous Transmission. Probably their most mellow album, but it is their most well known, which is a shame, because I believe their previous release of Make Yourself is by far their best.
Once again, this album contains one outrageous song, in Battlestar Scralatchtica, but the rest show Incubus at their very best. Privilege, Consequence, The Warmth, Make Yourself, Stellar, Clean, the ever so beautiful I Miss You and of course the song that started it all for them commercially, Pardon Me.

Their songs contain brilliant thought provoking lyrics which are enhanced by Boyd's fabulous voice. Mike Einziger is a very underrated guitarist as well.

If you like their music, go see them live ....... and experience the crowd going off when they break into Certain Shade of Green. Wow, that one will knock your socks off, as will Make Yourself, Pardon Me and Meglomaniac.
Yeah I'd love to see them live... Echo is another great song off Morning View that's very underrated. I love Aqueous Transmission- it is to Morning View what Fast Cars is to HTDAAB.

A Certain shade of Green is a bit out there compared to their other work- it reminds me of the Offspring... I'm glad they're changing up their style recently, but it may not be their best work longer term. ;-)