Incubus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr. zooeuss

War Child
I've liked them casually for four or five years, and have two of their albums- Make Yourself and Morning View.

Lately since looking up their videos on youtube and seeing the "extra-curricular" stuff out there, I'm realizing what a great band they are.

I wonder why they haven't had more critical success. Yes they've had some, but the more I see of them, they more I think they're underrated.

I even found an interview with their singer saying he first saw U2 in 2002 and was very impressed and inspired with the class they bring to the world of rock'n'roll.

Too bad they're a little too far along now to open for U2. That would be a cool show.

I like some of their songs, but don't own any of their CDs. "Drive" is an excellent song, so is "I wish you were here"

Incubus is cool. A Crow Left of the Murder is underrated, but their latest Light Grenades is mediocre. It has a few good tracks though...Dig sounds a lot like U2. Morning View is excellent. Those are the three albums I have...I like them a lot :up:

I didn´t like Light Grenades so much. It ha two or three decent songs but the rest of it is just forgettable.

What´s the extracurricular stuff you talk about?

I was forced to listen to them a lot when I worked at Papa John's a couple years ago. Drove me absolutely nuts. Every song sounded exactly the same, and none of it was good.

I've never liked a complete album of their's and there's nothing mind-blowing about them but I do love some of their songs, I've been playing "Wish You Were Here" a lot lately :drool: .

BrownEyedBoy said:
I didn´t like Light Grenades so much. It ha two or three decent songs but the rest of it is just forgettable.

What´s the extracurricular stuff you talk about?

Searching youtube will turn up some good interviews with their singer, an hourlong unplugged set by them that I was really impressed by; also live collaborations with 2/3 of the Police (sans Sting) and another with Gwen Stefani.... also lots of good fan videos, amateur musicians (with talent!) covering them...

Another thing that really impresses me about them is that they fuse rock and hiphop tastefully and successfully- I'm a big fan of both genres, but most attempts to mix them leave ALOT to be desired.

Despite that being my least favorite job ever, i still can't resist a good Papa John's pie every now and then. :drool:

Lancemc said:
I was forced to listen to them a lot when I worked at Papa John's a couple years ago. Drove me absolutely nuts. Every song sounded exactly the same, and none of it was good.

However much you dislike them, I don't know how it could possibly all sound the same. They've got alot of variety.

I've been a big fan of Incubus for many years and I have all their albums, all their officially released live concert cd's, dvd's, plus a few bootlegs and some really nice acoustic individual songs.

Their live stuff is awesome, Brandon and the boys are absolute jokers are stage and can go off into the most random tunes, let alone their warped sense of humour. I've seen them live twice when they've toured here in recent years.

I prefer their earlier albums, up to and including Morning View, which I feel is an almost complete album .... the exception being Aqueous Transmission. Probably their most mellow album, but it is their most well known, which is a shame, because I believe their previous release of Make Yourself is by far their best.
Once again, this album contains one outrageous song, in Battlestar Scralatchtica, but the rest show Incubus at their very best. Privilege, Consequence, The Warmth, Make Yourself, Stellar, Clean, the ever so beautiful I Miss You and of course the song that started it all for them commercially, Pardon Me.

Their songs contain brilliant thought provoking lyrics which are enhanced by Boyd's fabulous voice. Mike Einziger is a very underrated guitarist as well.

If you like their music, go see them live ....... and experience the crowd going off when they break into Certain Shade of Green. Wow, that one will knock your socks off, as will Make Yourself, Pardon Me and Meglomaniac.

Sibley said:
I've been a big fan of Incubus for many years and I have all their albums, all their officially released live concert cd's, dvd's, plus a few bootlegs and some really nice acoustic individual songs.

Their live stuff is awesome, Brandon and the boys are absolute jokers are stage and can go off into the most random tunes, let alone their warped sense of humour. I've seen them live twice when they've toured here in recent years.

I prefer their earlier albums, up to and including Morning View, which I feel is an almost complete album .... the exception being Aqueous Transmission. Probably their most mellow album, but it is their most well known, which is a shame, because I believe their previous release of Make Yourself is by far their best.
Once again, this album contains one outrageous song, in Battlestar Scralatchtica, but the rest show Incubus at their very best. Privilege, Consequence, The Warmth, Make Yourself, Stellar, Clean, the ever so beautiful I Miss You and of course the song that started it all for them commercially, Pardon Me.

Their songs contain brilliant thought provoking lyrics which are enhanced by Boyd's fabulous voice. Mike Einziger is a very underrated guitarist as well.

If you like their music, go see them live ....... and experience the crowd going off when they break into Certain Shade of Green. Wow, that one will knock your socks off, as will Make Yourself, Pardon Me and Meglomaniac.

Yeah I'd love to see them live... Echo is another great song off Morning View that's very underrated. I love Aqueous Transmission- it is to Morning View what Fast Cars is to HTDAAB.

A Certain shade of Green is a bit out there compared to their other work- it reminds me of the Offspring... I'm glad they're changing up their style recently, but it may not be their best work longer term. ;-)

dr. zooeuss said:

Yeah I'd love to see them live... Echo is another great song off Morning View that's very underrated. I love Aqueous Transmission- it is to Morning View what Fast Cars is to HTDAAB.

:yes: Are You In and Under My Umbrella are cool too. It's really quite a diverse album.

;-)

Hey man, check this out if you haven't already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg4kLnRVozg

I just saw an old interference thread claiming Incubus turned down an offer to open for U2... anyone know more about this?

I'm guessing it would've been on the Elevation tour...

I can't find any info about that, but I do find an interview where Boyd talks about how much he enjoyed seeing U2 for the first time in 2002, and how much class they bring to rock.

Now my curiosity is peaked to why they wouldn't be interested in opening for U2...

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom